Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Saw the Sherlocks last night in London.  They might seem like twats for photoshopping themselves up the lineup but at the gig their frontman seems like such humble, nice guy. The moshing was crazy they really do know how to get a crowd going. And they had sound issues for about 15 mins straight yet they still tried to carry on in some way like they just started playing the chords to don't look back in anger and just got the crowd to sing along while they fixed the sound. Didn't even look for a second like they even thought about calling the gig off. Definitely FR headliner imo. 

Thats the third time I’ve seen them do that same set. They were at benicassim last year, and I went to their London gig when they toured in September. I really think they’re a brilliant young band, and honestly they handled the technical issues perfectly last night. It also meant we got to hear the stripped back version of Chasing Shadows that was put on YouTube last week as well as the full one when they fixed the problems. Having said that I’m not sure I’d agree that the frontman is a nice guy, but I also wouldn’t exactly be going out my way to spend time with Tom Ogden, Liam Fray or either of the Gallagher’s. 

Just from a few pages back when we were talking about Tyler possibly being unbanned from the UK, the one star hotel thing is 16th and 17th of this month and obviously Tyler is touring with Vince Staples atm and even has a show on the 17th so he probably isn't unbanned. Not sure if that was mentioned already or not just thought I'd point out.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Has it been established what the countdown on Smashing Pumpkins website is?

I mean there could be a slim chance thats what the wait is for. Having Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins and Kendrick. Part of the reunion and its alway good having a reunion act. If they did play I reckon it could be something like this:

Main: Foo Fighters / Courteeners and NME: Travis Scott

Main: Kendrick / Dua Lipa and NME: Wolf Alice

Main: Smashing Pumpkins / 30STM and NME: Pendulum

Would be a very good year that. Is it too strong or doubtful? Just an idea...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I mean there could be a slim chance thats what the wait is for. Having Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins and Kendrick. Part of the reunion and its alway good having a reunion act. If they did play I reckon it could be something like this:

Main: Foo Fighters / Courteeners and NME: Travis Scott

Main: Kendrick / Dua Lipa and NME: Wolf Alice

Main: Smashing Pumpkins / 30STM and NME: Pendulum

Would be a very good year that. Is it too strong or doubtful? Just an idea...

what happened to your info/prediction of Foos, Kendrick, Arctics?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PastRecedes said:

what happened to your info/prediction of Foos, Kendrick, Arctics?

I said that I was told and take it as a pinch of salt. I shared what I was told. Doesn't mean I 100% believe it. Just passing it on but to me it seems to good to be true. No one knows and we will see in the coming weeks. 

• Upvote 1

Since the announcement seems imminent thought I may as well share my final predictions for headliners and couple off the NME stage.

MAIN: Royal Blood/Imagine Dragons (Co Headline) // Courteneers (Sub)

MAIN:  Kendrick Lamar (Headline) // Dua Lipa (Sub)

MAIN:  Foo Fighters (Headline) // 30STM (Sub)

NME ACTS: 

Pixies (NME headline)

Travis Scott (NME headline)

Wolf Alice (NME headline)

Brockhampton (Mid NME)

Foster The People (Mid NME)

The Kooks (Upper NME)

2 minutes ago, TOMHAMPTON said:

Since the announcement seems imminent thought I may as well share my final predictions for headliners and couple off the NME stage.

MAIN: Royal Blood/Imagine Dragons (Co Headline) // Courteneers (Sub)

MAIN:  Kendrick Lamar (Headline) // Dua Lipa (Sub)

MAIN:  Foo Fighters (Headline) // 30STM (Sub)

NME ACTS: 

Pixies (NME headline)

Travis Scott (NME headline)

Wolf Alice (NME headline)

Brockhampton (Mid NME)

Foster The People (Mid NME)

The Kooks (Upper NME)

Aye I'd say this is pretty feasible. Not too sure about Pixies making an appearance, think Travis Scott would probably be main but I guess he could be NME headliner, and Foster the People would be 'upper NME'. Apart from that it looks fair.

4 hours ago, R Shah said:

Saw the Sherlocks last night in London.  They might seem like twats for photoshopping themselves up the lineup but at the gig their frontman seems like such humble, nice guy. The moshing was crazy they really do know how to get a crowd going. And they had sound issues for about 15 mins straight yet they still tried to carry on in some way like they just started playing the chords to don't look back in anger and just got the crowd to sing along while they fixed the sound. Didn't even look for a second like they even thought about calling the gig off. Definitely FR headliner imo. 

Seem like proper twats all round to me, obviously they’re gonna act humble for the crowds. It’s the off stage happenings that show who they actually are.

11 minutes ago, VCK said:

I love the Pumpkins but yeah, they won't headline again, even if the classic lineup reunion gets hype. Be nice to have them there in some capacity though. Subbing Royal Blood would be good.

I reckon they'll be aiming higher than Royal Blood sub with this reunion. I imagine there'll be festivals in some places that they can headline, and everywhere else they'll do their own shows.

Just now, SoundsLikeBiffy said:

What new the chances of Biffy playing, they have two albums coming out and they could do secret set. Been flicking through and thought I should post aha

Doubtful as they played quite often passed years. Very slim chance of doing secret set...

I know they're working on a new album but I sure hope Billy & the boys are planning on playing some classic Pumpkins heavy setlists. Not that they've ever been light on the hits, but I hope there's a pre album tour of pure 90's Pumpkins and none of the so-so to shite stuff that's been released since. Also hope they do a proper tour of non-crap venues over here.

Went to see Kung Fu Kenny last night! The best gig I’ve been to, and I’ve been to a lotta gigs/festivals. Definitely, for me, the goat of the hip hop world. Heck, he’s just the GOAT, full stop. It would be a privilege to see him as Saturday Headliner in August. Fingers crossed, we’re all right! 

Ain’t nobody prayin’ for me.