Lineup 2018

14 minutes ago, VCK said:

I thought Biffy seemed a bit flat, although that may have been down to them playing in broad daylight in front of a pretty tame crowd.

Biffy were unlucky to be just before Ed Sheeran as most of the crowd were probably there for his headline show, and Biffy and Ed are two veeerrryyy different kinds of acts.

Had Biffy been on before the Foos, for example, it may have been different.

6 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Why are people rating Foos as really likely for next year? They're kinda around all the time and next year there are so many bigger acts who don't tour very frequently that I thought would be way more likely to headline...

Because Reading only seem to book headliners who were somewhere else a year before and they need a big ticket shifter.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There are very, very few bands who can touch Biffy live, tbf.

Brand New blew them out of the water on their arena tour :ninja: 

19 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Foos

Arcade Fire

Someone small that Melvin thinks is headline worthy, Royal Blood? YMAS?

Don't ever see Arcade ever doing R&L again. Not a right fit for the festival anymore and would be wasted there. Also YMAS are way past it. No idea what their reaction to their NME headline slot last year but they seem to have stagnated

21 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Foos

Arcade Fire

Someone small that Melvin thinks is headline worthy, Royal Blood? YMAS?

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Brand New blew them out of the water on their arena tour :ninja: 

Don't ever see Arcade ever doing R&L again. Not a right fit for the festival anymore and would be wasted there. Also YMAS are way past it. No idea what their reaction to their NME headline slot last year but they seem to have stagnated

YMAS are headlining the NME this year....Their 'secret' set last year was ace, doubt they'll be any good headlining the NME after their latest crap album.

Really did rate Royal Blood's set at glastonbury and I understand people's belief that their songs are pretty similar but the same can be said for the likes of Catfish and the Bottlemen. Think less people mind if there's a similar vibe to all their tunes as long as they put on a good show, me included because at the end of the day the music is still great. Both are very big currently and I doubt that neither will get booked next year with catfish supposedly having a new album out making them very likely to be pushed up and think that could easily be a co-headline.

The dream would be     C&TB> Royal Blood> Foos/Artics but I doubt they'd settle for 2nd or 3rd down.

R&L have a really good opportunity with T not happening again i think and glasto not happening they really need to pull out all the stops to get the acts that'll draw in the crowds (just pray they don't go and get ed sheeran or some shit to make the glasto folk happy)

Just now, Andre91 said:

I'm going for The Killers after Glasto. Arctic Monkeys to play 2019. 

Paramore / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! at the Disco 

Future 

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Vampire Weekend 

Justice

The Killers / The XX / Wolf Alice 

Don Broco 

Swap 21 Pilots and Don Broco and then I can just stay on the main all day. This would be such a good lineup

With Glastonbury not happening, you'd think they would want to go all out to be the biggest festival of the year and not just appeal to the small audience they've moved towards in the last few years. Last time Glastonbury was off, The Cure headlined so I wonder if there will be a similar booking for next year.

10 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

With Glastonbury not happening, you'd think they would want to go all out to be the biggest festival of the year and not just appeal to the small audience they've moved towards in the last few years. Last time Glastonbury was off, The Cure headlined so I wonder if there will be a similar booking for next year.

Oasis?

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, oscs said:

Biffy were unlucky to be just before Ed Sheeran as most of the crowd were probably there for his headline show, and Biffy and Ed are two veeerrryyy different kinds of acts.

Had Biffy been on before the Foos, for example, it may have been different.

Biffy before the Foos would have been the most obvious choice. Like Reading and Leeds, Glastonbury seem to like having subs that complement their headliners, but they were mixed up this year.

Radiohead
The National

Foo Fighters
Biffy Clyro

Ed Sheeran
The XX

Would have worked better.

Edited by VCK

13 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Or Pearl Jam in 2006.

They should definitely go all out for a massive and legendary name. Someone like AC/DC, The Who or perhaps even Springsteen. I think The Cure were the last genuinely surprising, wildcard headliner that people thought would never be booked for Reading and Leeds.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Or Pearl Jam in 2006.

They should definitely go all out for a massive and legendary name. Someone like AC/DC, The Who or perhaps even Springsteen. I think The Cure were the last genuinely surprising, wildcard headliner that people thought would never be booked for Reading and Leeds.

Guns N Roses? I know there were issues in 2010, but from what I gathered all the negative complaints seemed to stem from the lack of Slash, so now he's back they'll be more anticipated. I can see Melvin going all out to get them.

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

Guns N Roses? I know there were issues in 2010, but from what I gathered all the negative complaints seemed to stem from the lack of Slash, so now he's back they'll be more anticipated. I can see Melvin going all out to get them.

Decent shout, and by all reports they've been brilliant on their recent tours. Axl seems to have wound his neck in a bit too.

Interesting to not see foo fighters predicted much

Reading seem to always nab a headliner from glasto before - and seeing as the foos have an album out later this year this surely feels like the perfect time for them to return to reading?

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Decent shout, and by all reports they've been brilliant on their recent tours. Axl seems to have wound his neck in a bit too.

I thought they were alright in 2010 tbf, just pissed eveyone off with the lateness but I heard they were on time at the Olympic Stadium, so who knows? They would sell ridiculous numbers of tickets though.

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Interesting to not see foo fighters predicted much

Reading seem to always nab a headliner from glasto before - and seeing as the foos have an album out later this year this surely feels like the perfect time for them to return to reading?

Feel like foo fighters are much more suited to R+L, might be why they did glasto to follow up at leeds next year with a new album and possibly a stronger crowd? Them or Arctic Monkeys would be the main ticket seller imo if they actually want to take advantage of being the biggest festival next year.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Feel like foo fighters are much more suited to R+L, might be why they did glasto to follow up at leeds next year with a new album and possibly a stronger crowd? Them or Arctic Monkeys would be the main ticket seller imo if they actually want to take advantage of being the biggest festival next year.

Tbh, I can't see the usual glasto goers thinking that foos is a main ticket seller considering they saw them this year