Lineup 2018

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I knew about Matt Healy saying that but I can't find anything about Mr. Waves saying that now so I dunno where I got that from. Woulda been funny cos obviously, y'know, whereas it's not funny with Healy cos he actually knows it and has probably signed the contract.

Yeah his arrogance and supposed elevated mind set has grew on me to the point where I'm impartial to it because I enjoy their music.

I get circa waves probably will never hit the heights of other bands like them but it's just nice to see a local group doing half decent and producing good music, sure you'd agree? 

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Yeah his arrogance and supposed elevated mind set has grew on me to the point where I'm impartial to it because I enjoy their music.

I get circa waves probably will never hit the heights of other bands like them but it's just nice to see a local group doing half decent and producing good music, sure you'd agree? 

Tbh I went through a phase of arrogance in musicians pissing me off. Was right around the release of AM and it put me off Arctic Monkeys completely around that time. I grew to realise that it doesn't matter at all really.

Just seen Cabbage in Southampton and i’m glad to say that the days of inappropriately touching themselves on stage seem to be over. (Although they didn’t do that when i’ve seen them before either.) Thought they put on a class show and were quality in a small venue. - Expecting to see them make another appearance at Reading and Leeds this year as they seem to be doing the rounds and they have an album coming out.

one of the support bands was ‘The Rhythm Method’ and they sounded like a mix of poetry and 80s pop. Not sure if I thought they were weird or if I really liked them, Was nice to see a different styled band supporting. has anyone heard of them?

Edited by UndergroundSound

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbh I went through a phase of arrogance in musicians pissing me off. Was right around the release of AM and it put me off Arctic Monkeys completely around that time. I grew to realise that it doesn't matter at all really.

Same, still of the opinion that album was a catastrophic let down though, even if I am over Alex's blatant love for himself.

Just now, UndergroundSound said:

Just seen Cabbage in Southampton and i’m glad to say that the days of inappropriately touching themselves on stage seem to be over. (Although they didn’t do that when i’ve seen them before either.) Thought they put on a class show and was quality in a small venue.

one of the support bands was ‘The Rhythm Method’ and they sounded like a mix of poetry and 80s pop. Not sure if I thought they were weird or if I really liked them, has anyone heard of them?

The Rhythm Method are class live, really unexpectingly good. Mix between The Streets and Pet Shop Boys. 

I don't mind arrogance in musicians if they have the talent and/or success to back it up. See: Kanye, Morrissey, Billy Corgan.

It's these bands that appear out of nowhere claiming to be the saviours of music, and just try to copy the Gallaghers' "swaggoh" that get my goat.

Edited by VCK

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Completely agree. On the flip side it's just awkward and embarrassing when anyone tries to be cocky when they really ain't shit. The Sherlocks, for example.

Was literally about to use that as an example of a band currently on the up despite their embarrassing smugness.

The other band that springs to mind...

image.png

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Completely agree. On the flip side it's just awkward and embarrassing when anyone tries to be cocky when they really ain't shit. The Sherlocks, for example.

Viva Brother, anyone?

(They were actually not bad and I even saw them once, and it was a good gig.:ph34r:)

11 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Was literally about to use that as an example of a band currently on the up despite their embarrassing smugness.

image.png

"the 1975's throne"

Jesus, is this how low the bar is for British rock music in 2018?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Just seen Cabbage in Southampton and i’m glad to say that the days of inappropriately touching themselves on stage seem to be over. (Although they didn’t do that when i’ve seen them before either.) Thought they put on a class show and were quality in a small venue. - Expecting to see them make another appearance at Reading and Leeds this year as they seem to be doing the rounds and they have an album coming out.

one of the support bands was ‘The Rhythm Method’ and they sounded like a mix of poetry and 80s pop. Not sure if I thought they were weird or if I really liked them, Was nice to see a different styled band supporting. has anyone heard of them?

Ive listed to Cabbage’s album before and it was utter verbal diarrhoea. They seemed like they could do with watching a Disney or something to make them a little less angry at the world. c**ts. 

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

image.png

That doesn't even appear to be a quote. So they've praised themselves and then promoted it on facebook, what a set of twats hahaha. So grim that they're not on any of the Y Not, Truck etc lineups cos it means they've probably got a slot (and a good one) at Reading and Leeds.

At least Catfish are playing absolutely everywhere that wants to book them, hopefully they're overdoing it and it reduces their demand for the future and they never get the top slots at R&L.

8 hours ago, UndergroundSound said:

Class. They don't do weird stuff live... See my Avatar :)