Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

How likely are catfish to play reading now?? Since hearing about what the new am albums gonna be like.. I think catfish have now overtaken and becoming my favourite band!! Xx

Arctic Monkeys have stopped being your favourite band because of some descriptions of what 9ther next album will sound like? Wtf.

Where has it even been said what it's gonna sound like?

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Arctic Monkeys have stopped being your favourite band because of some descriptions of what 9ther next album will sound like? Wtf.

Where has it even been said what it's gonna sound like?

I looked into who’s producing/ starring in it and how it’s being recorded Also what instruments, and it looks like the next album is going to be very light and sappy! Could be wrong!! And haha nahh I could never let go of the monkeys!!! Love them too much!!! Xx

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Kristiyan23 said:

He has just uploaded another video:rofl: someone stop him, please...

I watched one video of his and now his face is all I see over Twitter/YouTube. Inexplicably irritating although I think the root cause is the fact he says ‘geese’ instead of ‘geeze’. Buh. 

Was searching the Internet for any reason as to why the anoucmsnt was so late this year and found this thread. Might as well make some predictions whilst I’m here. I’ll try and start relatively normal and then get gradually more wrong as I go along. 

Arctic Monkeys to headline.

Two of Paramore, BMTH & Catfish to joint headline one day. 

The Streets to be there, and be high up the billing on either the main stage (2nd/3rd) or NME (maybe even headlining). 

Sigrid, Clean Bandit & Alma to be very high on the NME stage

Chase & Status to return 

Steflon Don to play the main stage.

Drake to headline. After his appaerance last year it kinda make sense. Melvin Benn has said he can see a Grime headliner in the next few years. So why not Drake with guest spots from Skepta &/or Giggs thrown in this year?

48 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

How likely are catfish to play reading now?? Since hearing about what the new am albums gonna be like.. I think catfish have now overtaken and becoming my favourite band!! Xx

Catfish probably won't be at reading because it looks like they're playing loads of smaller festivals with rival promoters- boardmasters, y not, APE, this is tomorrow, and a show at Cardiff castle too. New album should be out before July I reckon so expect a winter arena tour. Reckon they'll be pushed up to bigger venues like the o2, Manchester arena etc this time 

Edited by R Shah
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moams said:

What is everyone's opinion on alt-j making an appearance this year? I've just won tickets to see them as part of the Brits WarChild UK week so quite intrigued to see how they are in an intimate venue.

I won them as well. Got Vaccines tickets for free today (it was quality btw) and now Alt J. I'm a lucky bugger 

2 hours ago, TwoPenceLess said:

Was searching the Internet for any reason as to why the announcement was so late this year and found this thread. Might as well make some predictions whilst I’m here.

Arctic Monkeys to headline.
It's an interesting suggestion and one I haven't seen raised in this thread until now ... ;). In all seriousness though it's looking unlikely at this juncture. We've had a couple of pointers that they might have other plans in the UK this summer. Nothing concrete but there are a few other names which seem much safer bets.

Two of Paramore, BMTH & Catfish to joint headline one day. 
The first two you mentioned were two of the many front-runners in our discussions of 2018 headliners. Paramore's chances sadly seemed to have faded post-After Laughter.  All is quiet in the BMTH camp but I do think it'd only take an image announcing their return on Facebook to have them as a real possibility. Catfish seem to have their hands full headlining mid-tier UK festivals so I'd be shocked if they were booked as a headliner. 

The Streets to be there, and be high up the billing on either the main stage (2nd/3rd) or NME (maybe even headlining). 
I don't see The Streets to be particularly relevant for the majority of R&L attendees. I'd be there if it went down tho. If they play, NME headliner I think.

Sigrid, Clean Bandit & Alma to be very high on the NME stage
I don't listen to these but that sounds about right. 

Chase & Status to return 
Chase & Status are performing at SW4 in London during the Sunday of R&L which casts a few doubts over that. Do people even listen to these guys? Can't go wrong with More Than Alot and No More Idols but everything proceeding that has been painful. 

Steflon Don to play the Main Stage.
Sure?

Drake to headline. After his appearance last year it kinda make sense. Melvin Benn has said he can see a Grime headliner in the next few years. So why not Drake with guest spots from Skepta &/or Giggs thrown in this year?
Drake would draw a huge crowd at R&L and again, like Paramore and Bring Me The Horizon, had been routinely suggested as a potential headliner. I guess since the Royal Blood (+ Imagine Dragons?), Foo Fighters and Kendrick Lamar consensus started to grow Drake's been sidelined a little. Stormzy or Skepta to reach headliner status in 2019 seems a shout ^_^.

On 06/02/2018 at 1:04 AM, tbrock said:

I'm the same way but with 2000 Trees rather than Parklife. I've had my finger on the trigger to buy for five days now, and if Leeds wants my money they'd better go soon!

The 2000 trees lineup is fucking brilliant, wasn’t gonna go at all this year because of Reading, but even just with the first announcement i was sold. If you’re into rock music, check out every single one of those bands 

3 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

The 2000 trees lineup is fucking brilliant, wasn’t gonna go at all this year because of Reading, but even just with the first announcement i was sold. If you’re into rock music, check out every single one of those bands 

Couldn’t agree more, other than ATDI. I won’t be watching the whole of their set.

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

Catfish probably won't be at reading because it looks like they're playing loads of smaller festivals with rival promoters- boardmasters, y not, APE, this is tomorrow, and a show at Cardiff castle too. New album should be out before July I reckon so expect a winter arena tour. Reckon they'll be pushed up to bigger venues like the o2, Manchester arena etc this time 

fyi they're playing benicassim which is run by the same people who run reading. They'll play