Lineup 2018

Paramore last night were sick except that they played some song from the drummer's other band or some shit that Hayley didn't even sing. In the encore. Killed the atmosphere dead for Hard Times so hope they don't keep that up in future, but I really hope R&L book them.

6 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Paramore for BST 2018 with the likes of 21 Pilots, Jimmy Eat World etc on the undercard to wheel in all variations of emo

Who is repping the Twinkle Daddies and Skramz though? Algernon Cadwallader reunion and pg.99 plz

Also Paramore smashed it last night. Agreed with @Odessa about the stupid cover from Zac Farro in the middle of the encore. They've got quite a few of popular songs they didn't play like The Only Exception, crushcrushcrush and Ignorance but they do that instead. Still enjoyed it loads though. Though the when the crowd kept screaming in between songs did make my ears hurt :P

Edited by justanothername

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Also Paramore smashed it last night. Agreed with @Odessa about the stupid cover from Zac Farro in the middle of the encore. They've got quite a few of popular songs they didn't play like The Only Exception, crushcrushcrush and Ignorance but they do that instead. Still enjoyed it loads though. Though the when the crowd kept screaming in between songs did make my ears hurt :P

Yeah, no Ignorance, how mad is that? I loved all the new stuff live, especially Fake Happy and Rose-Colored Boy. 

10 hours ago, Odessa said:

Paramore last night were sick except that they played some song from the drummer's other band or some shit that Hayley didn't even sing. In the encore. Killed the atmosphere dead for Hard Times so hope they don't keep that up in future, but I really hope R&L book them.

I really enjoyed the new stuff live too, although I still don't understand the decision to make it an all seated gig (not that it stopped anyone rushing forward). I was hoping for a little more for the RAH other than 18 songs, they're a bigger band than that and with 5 albums could easily fill a 25 song set list of hits.

35 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

I really enjoyed the new stuff live too, although I still don't understand the decision to make it an all seated gig (not that it stopped anyone rushing forward). I was hoping for a little more for the RAH other than 18 songs, they're a bigger band than that and with 5 albums could easily fill a 25 song set list of hits.

It was a normal setup at the Apollo so we were standing. Yeah I felt like 18 songs was the bare minimum they should have been doing but not so low that I'd hold anything against them for it. Arena tour will likely have a few more songs, but I'll likely give that a miss unless the support is up my street, not a band I'm into enough to regularly fork out £40+.

Also has anyone considered The Libertines? Supposed to have a new album out in the near future, and if so they'll be doing the circuit. With Glastonbury being off next year, V Festival not really being an Indie/Rock fan friendly festival as much as it used to be these days, and them being R&L favourites, it wouldn't surprise me if they got them back. Three years since they last headlined, like with Biffy.

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Royal Blood/SOAD co headline, anyone?

Would be fucking brilliant but unlikely

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

Also has anyone considered The Libertines? Supposed to have a new album out in the near future, and if so they'll be doing the circuit. With Glastonbury being off next year, V Festival not really being an Indie/Rock fan friendly festival as much as it used to be these days, and them being R&L favourites, it wouldn't surprise me if they got them back. Three years since they last headlined, like with Biffy.

They'd probably need to get demoted to sub. Their album was w*nk, the crowd wasn't great in 15, and are now playing tiny festivals.

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Would be fucking brilliant but unlikely

They'd probably need to get demoted to sub. Their album was w*nk, the crowd wasn't great in 15, and are now playing tiny festivals.

Yeah they looked pretty crap in 2015, but I can't see them going back down to subbing. A new album would generate enough hype.

Also I do think SOAD could play next year, as they too have a new album on the cards. Realistically they'd sub again but with a new album they could get promoted to headlining.

They didn't headline anywhere else in 2015, although of course the Glastonbury show was a last minute thing. Like Biffy though, they're something of a "Reading and Leeds band."

Just a thought for a choice for the "Indie friendly" headliner if the other two are Paramore and Royal Blood though.

2 hours ago, VCK said:

They didn't headline anywhere else in 2015, although of course the Glastonbury show was a last minute thing. Like Biffy though, they're something of a "Reading and Leeds band."

Just a thought for a choice for the "Indie friendly" headliner if the other two are Paramore and Royal Blood though.

Biffy just headlined Download Festival and have also headline Soni, T and IOW, as well as TRNSMT this year. They aren't a Reading and Leeds band, they are a bonafide headline act in the UK. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VCK said:

If Royal Blood and Paramore are headlining outright I'd expect an established headliner as the other one such as: Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys or Gun N'Roses. The Libertines just aren't big enough to headline (they weren't really in 2015 either). I think they'd take a sub slot in a couple of years time. 

Just now, CRW5252 said:

If Royal Blood and Paramore are headlining outright I'd expect an established headliner as the other one such as: Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys or Gun N'Roses. The Libertines just aren't big enough to headline (they weren't really in 2015 either). I think they'd take a sub slot in a couple of years time. 

Agreed, I'm pretty sure at this point that if Paramore is one day and RB is either headlining or co-headlining the next day then the other slot is for either Arctics, Foos or Killers. I think foos is less likely if RB is soloheadlining and tbh I could easily see them do TRNSMT and BST next year anyways (or tbh just arenas with the new album coming out). Arctics and Killers are my top 2 picks for that last slot

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy just headlined Download Festival and have also headline Soni, T and IOW, as well as TRNSMT this year. They aren't a Reading and Leeds band, they are a bonafide headline act in the UK. 

Not to discredit Biffy, but Download has had headliners in the past who wouldn't headline elsewhere, such as The Offspring, Lostprophets and maybe System Of A Down. They're also only subbing Glastonbury this weekend. They headlined Sonisphere before they really became headline sized, and played 3rd at Glastonbury that year.

The Libertines could probably headline TITP and Isle Of Wight, for what it's worth.

As I said though this is just an idea and I don't know if they'll be around next year, but I can't see them being knocked down to subbing just a few years after headlining.

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I suppose, but which established headliner would be out there that would appeal to a more Indie crowd? The Stone Roses maybe, if they're still touring next year. Kings of Leon, ditto, and would they have both Arctic Monkeys and Paramore headline again?

Secretly hoping for another Pulp reunion in time for 2018! They probably would outright headline this time around too.

Edited by VCK