Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What? Shut up.

J Hus is already at some UK festivals so that’s not a surprise. Is kind of odd to me that he’s lower down than acts that played 5th last year, however.

Maybe I’ve been overestimating him but he did sell out a pretty sizeable academy tour, sell a bundle of albums and get nominated for everything so I choose to think Wireless underestimated him. :P

True but Migos have another album coming and seem to be getting bigger and bigger. If they were playing R&L this year instead I wouldn't have been surprised by them being 4th down, which is where I'm expecting J-Hus to be.

9 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Foos have announced more US tour dates in October. Starting to get worried that they may have actually booked off the whole of August for an actual break with no shows cos their schedule is so packed. But then again it's Dave grohl so he'd come over for anything.

They could kick it back off with R&L though? Dave has always said he loves this fest so might be a break then kicking it off with this fest to start off again1 Im hoping they are there otherwise im going to cri

25 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

You’ve got a point.

Also Stormzy making an appearance and not being an exclusive could set him up perfectly for R&L? Where else could he play besides maybe TRNSMT?

Stormzy played trnsmt last year so doubt he would play again. Reckon he's nailed on for reading- 3rd down main stage probably 

1 minute ago, Edduk98 said:

They could kick it back off with R&L though? Dave has always said he loves this fest so might be a break then kicking it off with this fest to start off again1 Im hoping they are there otherwise im going to cri

Yeah ofc I'm so hopeful that they do  and they probably still will

Edited by R Shah

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

True but Migos have another album coming and seem to be getting bigger and bigger. If they were playing R&L this year instead I wouldn't have been surprised by them being 4th down, which is where I'm expecting J-Hus to be.

True. Giggs too but I guess he might play higher than 4th now too.

Interesting some of the acts Wireless didn’t pick up. Joey Bada$$, Vince Staples and Action Bronson are in Europe around Wireless. Good ones, basically.

32 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

You’ve got a point.

Also Stormzy making an appearance and not being an exclusive could set him up perfectly for R&L? Where else could he play besides maybe TRNSMT?

Good call. Could also just be that BBC festival, though, but Big Weekend often got ignored by exclusives anyway so who knows.

This happened last year with Chance the Rapper, mind you, and he ended up playing nowhere else. Maybe they just don't claim exclusive unless they've specifically booked it as one.

Little bit off topic but: 

Catfish have a show announcement 8am tomorrow. If FR have changed release strategies for all the festivals , maybe they could have brought the latitude announcment forward as it is 1 month before r+l so why not. Hyde park announcements have also always been 8am, so maybe they're subbing the final headliner. Tomorrow's date in 2017 was the same day the killers were announced so who knows. With my very unlikely theory that AM are playing Hyde park it would be a good follow on if the trnsmt announcement does happen today at 5pm.

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Little bit off topic but: 

Catfish have a show announcement 8am tomorrow. If FR have changed release strategies for all the festivals , maybe they could have brought the latitude announcment forward as it is 1 month before r+l so why not. Hyde park announcements have also always been 8am, so maybe they're subbing the final headliner. Tomorrow's date in 2017 was the same day the killers were announced so who knows. With my very unlikely theory that AM are playing Hyde park it would be a good follow on if the trnsmt announcement does happen today at 5pm.

They’re probably playing forests like all the other shite bands do.

1 minute ago, festivalsaregood said:

Catfish announcement tomorrow will be All Points East in London. 

R&L is late announcing because they were slow to book stuff. Only booked the first headliner early this year. Nothing to do with the PR company. 

And your source is? Don't believe that.