Lineup 2018

This has probably already been said, but it’s 303 pages to look back through...do we know the reason why reading and leeds are announcing acts so late this year? obviously we usually get an announcement early December and the wait i originally assumed was because of arctic monkeys, but if they’re not playing (which has been the main suggestion that it’d be foos instead) then what’s with the wait? 

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

This has probably already been said, but it’s 303 pages to look back through...do we know the reason why reading and leeds are announcing acts so late this year? obviously we usually get an announcement early December and the wait i originally assumed was because of arctic monkeys, but if they’re not playing (which has been the main suggestion that it’d be foos instead) then what’s with the wait? 

new PR company 

Edit: and no glastonbury maybe? i'm unsure why the wait but the new PR company is probably the reason.

Edited by RedBalloon

2 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

new PR company 

Edit: and no glastonbury maybe? i'm unsure why the wait but the new PR company is probably the reason.

New PR company probably means there is a new release schedule. This means we are unlikely to get the normal 3 announcements before we get the poster. Instead we may just get a 3 headliners announced in one go, then the poster. We may get a big announcement (like the usual third announcement) then the poster. We may just get the poster all in one go first time.

Looks like Big Shaq might make an appearance at Wireless, so guess it could happen at R&L too. I'm fully expecting Michael Dapaah to be given a slot on the Alternative Stage one day and still think the special guest opener thing could happen.

No schoolboy Q on that wireless announcement, makes him more likely for R+L and he's played the festival before. Could see him playing 3rd NME or something on Kendricks day and them both bringing eachother out for collard greens maybe. Supposed to have music out this year if I'm correct as well. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

No schoolboy Q on that wireless announcement, makes him more likely for R+L and he's played the festival before. Could see him playing 3rd NME or something on Kendricks day and them both bringing eachother out for collard greens maybe. Supposed to have music out this year if I'm correct as well. Thoughts?

Would imagine he'd probably be NME sub at least now. I guess there's a possibility, but I'm not too sure. There seems to be a fair amount of big hip hop/grime acts rumoured to take some of the big slots; Kendrick, Travis, J Hus, maybe Krept & Konan too. They don't normally have that many in big slots so if they're all there I can't see Schoolboy Q being booked as well.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Would imagine he'd probably be NME sub at least now. I guess there's a possibility, but I'm not too sure. There seems to be a fair amount of big hip hop/grime acts rumoured to take some of the big slots; Kendrick, Travis, J Hus, maybe Krept & Konan too. They don't normally have that many in big slots so if they're all there I can't see Schoolboy Q being booked as well.

I’d been thinking about it the other day, if they were to have Kendrick headline, surely he’s could do it as a Black Hippy set? Get Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock on stage and you’ve got Black Hippy. Just a thought.

not saying it’s gonna happen but if they didn’t want to take up another high slot with Q they could have him there with Kendrick.

Edited by TheWaters

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They’re also set to bring Rolling Loud festival to London this year which will eat up a lot of hip hop options.

Just now, TheWaters said:

I’d been thinking about it the other day, if they were to have Kendrick headline, surely he’s could do it as a Black Hippy set? Get Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock on stage and you’ve got Black Hippy. Just a thought

But most people would want to hear his tracks over Ab Soul’s stoned rambling.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

But most people would want to hear his tracks over Ab Soul’s stoned rambling.

You’ve got a point.

Also Stormzy making an appearance and not being an exclusive could set him up perfectly for R&L? Where else could he play besides maybe TRNSMT?

Just now, TheWaters said:

You’ve got a point.

Also Stormzy making an appearance and not being an exclusive could set him up perfectly for R&L? Where else could he play besides maybe TRNSMT?

I dunno. There’s a new festival coming in Scotland, maybe he could do Creamfields again... wherever he ends up I would say R+L is a bit of an outside shout now because it would cannibalise sales for Wireless and they don’t particularly need him at R+L to move tickets.