Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Does someone being at wireless make them less or more likely for R&L say if they were an American rapper? Also where does it say who’s exclusives?

Their tweet links to an article on the announcement.

Same as any other festival around that time tbh, a lot of them won't still be over in August.

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Does someone being at wireless make them less or more likely for R&L say if they were an American rapper? Also where does it say who’s exclusives?

Id maybe say less likely as they are doing early summer festivals rather than late? Late summer they may go off to somewhere else (not UK)

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fickle Friends 6th down lmao I know who made that. And a while ago too, seeing as Brand New is there.

2 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Nah, headliners are gonna be Brand New, Lost Prophets and Rolf Harris of course!

BuT sKypE wAs InVeNtEd In 2003 BrO

Edited by justanothername

29 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Had Stormzy, J Cole and Wiz Khalifa down for this but didn't really know if Wiz was a big enough thing. Wouldn't have expected DJ Khaled to be, either.

When Travis Scott announced some European date in July I at first thought he was more likely to come over before that for Wireless than to stick around after for R&L. Ended up changing my mind because I couldn't think of any other options for R&L. Think that's looking very likely now, especially with that person's friend's auntie's info.

DJ Khaled European festival exclusive for Wireless.

Someone on the Sziget thread said that this is a partial leak of the acts playing (tho tbh, the account only has 2 posts, and he claims he has been told by a friend so who knows if it's true, it just sounds reasonable)

Kendrick Lamar, Kygo, Muford & Sons, Liam Gallagher, Bastille, The Kooks, Wolf Alice, Blossoms, Gorogl Bordello, Clean Bandit, Kaleo, , Zara Larsson, Lykke Li, Parov Stelar

I guess the bold ones are all in with a shot?

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Kasabian was a UK festival exclusive at Reading, they just also happened to be headlining TRNSMT too

Are you sure they weren't listed as a City of Leeds/ Town of Reading Exclusive between the dates of August 15th - 30th? Because they should have been. 

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Quit digging!

A lot of people thought they'd be announced for festivals today, I'm just saying they haven't been :lol:

I wasn't digging?? I was asking what your thoughts were on the comment you put?? I honestly rather foos so im not that bothered about AM but was just asking. Chill out

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

BuT sKypE wAs InVeNtEd In 2003 BrO

What? Shut up.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

J-Hus and PARTYNEXTDOOR announced as non-exclusives who a lot of us had on predictions.

Big Sean too but idk if he's likely or not.

J Hus is already at some UK festivals so that’s not a surprise. Is kind of odd to me that he’s lower down than acts that played 5th last year, however.

Maybe I’ve been overestimating him but he did sell out a pretty sizeable academy tour, sell a bundle of albums and get nominated for everything so I choose to think Wireless underestimated him. :P

27 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Arcade Fire are back in Europe in August.

Oya Festival

This was announced before Christmas - they seem to have announced festivals almost exclusively in countries they don’t have arena dates so we put them aside for R+L. Really good line up they’ve got coming together there though, shame Norway is so expensive.

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Someone on the Sziget thread said that this is a partial leak of the acts playing (tho tbh, the account only has 2 posts, and he claims he has been told by a friend so who knows if it's true, it just sounds reasonable)

Kendrick Lamar, Kygo, Muford & Sons, Liam Gallagher, Bastille, The Kooks, Wolf Alice, Blossoms, Gorogl Bordello, Clean Bandit, Kaleo, , Zara Larsson, Lykke Li, Parov Stelar

I guess the bold ones are all in with a shot?

Mumford & Sons are still touring?

15 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Quit digging!

A lot of people thought they'd be announced for festivals today, I'm just saying they haven't been :lol:

I don't think people thought it would be these festivals though right? I know people though it would be this week, but they're rumoured for stuff like NOS, Mad Cool, TRNSMT in early summer, not Sziget/Flow/etc. (which is end of the summer) or something like Wireless which aint AM's scene (unless they're taking a really weird change lmao)

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Mumford & Sons are still touring?

Apparently so, just hoping they ain't booked as a random sub lmao (IDEK if they would take that nowadays)

From that longer lineup reveal, as well as the ones from above, I guess we can expect to see Cigarettes After Sex (guess on the NME this year?) , Nothing But Thieves, Slaves, Everything Everything, Lemaitre (Dance tent), Above And Beyond (Dunno where I would place them though. NME headliner potentially instead of Kygo?). Would love to see Jay Hardway booked for the Dance tent too but I doubt it as he aint deep house lmao