Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Kendrick is up for best international group and Royal Blood is also nominated for something iirc

Congrats to Kendrick. Fully deserved, he is my favourite group.

Edit: But yeah was gonna say Royal Blood are probs up for something, too. Would probably work well for R&L to announce it just after BRITS if its headliners are gonna have a big presence there.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

They haven't revealed any headliners yet have they? They've gone back to the old way where they'd announce it all in one go. 

They could still do it Download style where they announce headliners across a week (like this week, payday) and then follow it up with announcing the rest of the poster later on. They could just give us an announcmenet like this first also:

2017-reading-festival-and-leeds-festival

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

They haven't revealed any headliners yet have they? They've gone back to the old way where they'd announce it all in one go. 

Looks that way, yeah. Kinda hoping we don't get any more solid info before it drops, because right now other than Kendrick (and probs Royal Blood) I don't have a clue what to expect.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Looks that way, yeah. Kinda hoping we don't get any more solid info before it drops, because right now other than Kendrick (and probs Royal Blood) I don't have a clue what to expect.

Well, by that point we should have Sziget and Pukkelpop announcments right?

Just now, MattLD7 said:

So is it likely we won't see any announcement until the Brit awards?

I've no idea really ... tho it definitely seems to be a possibility. 

After all, what other way would there be for R/L to get itself across to the mainstream as the premier festival in a non-Glasto year than via the BRITS?

And if all their headliners are up for awards, then it's perfectly perfect!

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Well, by that point we should have Sziget and Pukkelpop announcments right?

Yeah probably. R&L haven't shared too much with those, headliner-wise, recently though I don't think. Looks like last two years the only R&L headliner either of them has had is Kasabian at Sziget last year (they also had Major Lazer).

They both seem closer to V in their headliners. Reckon they'll both have Eminem this year. If so I think they probably won't have Kendrick, and Royal Blood/FOB/BMTH presumably couldn't headline there. Guess the only thing of interest would be whether either of them announce Foos or AM.

Actually I guess either of them announcing FOB/BMTH in non-headliner spots would still make them look likely for R&L.

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah probably. R&L haven't shared too much with those, headliner-wise, recently though I don't think. Looks like last two years the only R&L headliner either of them has had is Kasabian at Sziget last year (they also had Major Lazer).

They both seem closer to V in their headliners. Reckon they'll both have Eminem this year. If so I think they probably won't have Kendrick, and Royal Blood/FOB/BMTH presumably couldn't headline there. Guess the only thing of interest would be whether either of them announce Foos or AM.

Actually I guess either of them announcing FOB/BMTH in non-headliner spots would still make them look likely for R&L.

Royal Blood must be a similar size to people like The XX who headlined Pukkelpop last year tho right? I expect Kendrick could play there over Eminem (who I expect to do zombie V instead that weekend?)

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Grolh loves a big announcement, and they're playing.

Are you pretty sure that they'll be there then?

Edit - talking about R&L, not the BRITs

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

So J Cole, Stormzy and DJ Khaled headlining Wireless. 

BOOK KANYE.

Had Stormzy, J Cole and Wiz Khalifa down for this but didn't really know if Wiz was a big enough thing. Wouldn't have expected DJ Khaled to be, either.

When Travis Scott announced some European date in July I at first thought he was more likely to come over before that for Wireless than to stick around after for R&L. Ended up changing my mind because I couldn't think of any other options for R&L. Think that's looking very likely now, especially with that person's friend's auntie's info.

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Post Malone, Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Lil Uzi Vert all UK exclusive there too.

Shit then no Lil Uzi, fuck I was really hoping for him. Wasn’t expecting Post ore Rae too much tbf and obvs Migos played last year. Genuinely gutted about Uzi, was really hoping for him :/

Just caught up with the last few pages, R&L have got me for at least a day with Kendrick looking pretty DAMN. likely.

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

especially with that person's friend's auntie's info.

I don't know what this is but sounds like something that'd get posted on here pre-announcements :lol::lol: .

Edited by JSmurphy

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Just caught up with the last few pages, R&L have got me for at least a day with Kendrick looking pretty DAMN. likely.

I don't know what this is but sounds like something that'd get posted on here pre-announcements :lol::lol: .

Haha someone said the other day that their friend's auntie works for a record company. Told em one piece of info in the last year or two that turned out true (can't remember who it was) and has said this year that Travis Scott is booked for R&L. Seems likely anyway like.