Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

They have loads of shows booked in the summer with Weezer. All in the US and Canada. The last one is on the 12th August which gives them time to come down to Europe for a few shows late summer.

he was talking about Green Day, not Pixies

5 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

They have loads of shows booked in the summer with Weezer. All in the US and Canada. The last one is on the 12th August which gives them time to come down to Europe for a few shows late summer.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

he was talking about Green Day, not Pixies

Yeah, Green Day.

Pixies very unlikely to me regardless of their tour dates.

12 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Hey guys, new to the forums but I've been following for a while now, here's a bit of an update to Dental's design of what I think the probable lineup is.

draft.jpg

Definitely improved the design, I don't fw the draft sign tho cos its not a draft.

Paramore over Fall Out Boy is an improvement. All Time Low over Panic at the Disco is probably a step back tho, if I had to choose. I feel pretty confident we're gonna get Fall Out Boy in some capacity tho considering they were not in contention a week ago and now we've had a couple of rumours from decently sourced people here that they're gonna play.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Definitely improved the design, I don't fw the draft sign tho cos its not a draft.

Paramore over Fall Out Boy is an improvement. All Time Low over Panic at the Disco is probably a step back tho, if I had to choose. I feel pretty confident we're gonna get Fall Out Boy in some capacity tho considering they were not in contention a week ago and now we've had a couple of rumours from decently sourced people here that they're gonna play.

The draft is just something I do whenever I work on anything in Photoshop, just forgot to remove it, oops.

I'd much prefer Paramore over Fall Out Boy having seen them when they played Reading in 16', any true substance behind the 2 main stages too?

Just now, Bandit Tom said:

The draft is just something I do whenever I work on anything in Photoshop, just forgot to remove it, oops.

I'd much prefer Paramore over Fall Out Boy having seen them when they played Reading in 16', any true substance behind the 2 main stages too?

Dunno if it's true but it's something we've heard from a guy who's provided correct and incorrect info in the past. Might not necessarily mean we get two headliners each night but it's the sort of thing Reading might do to try and market them both as headliners.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Dunno if it's true but it's something we've heard from a guy who's provided correct and incorrect info in the past. Might not necessarily mean we get two headliners each night but it's the sort of thing Reading might do to try and market them both as headliners.

Quite like the idea, honestly.

1 minute ago, shammie1 said:

Interesting idea but could result in some awkward clashes

I think if they had two main stages they'd be side-by-side, and while there's a band setting up there's another playing on the next stage. It's how some European festivals do it and also how Reading used to do it, and also I don't know how they could fit two main stages in the arena without nuking all the other stages.

When I put that poster together I wasn't plotting the acts against one another bc I don't know who would go see Imagine Dragons if Foo Fighters were on - you'd expect every Imagine Dragons fan to be a bigger Foos fan wouldn't you? :lol:

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When I put that poster together I wasn't plotting the acts against one another bc I don't know who would go see Imagine Dragons if Foo Fighters were on - you'd expect every Imagine Dragons fan to be a bigger Foos fan wouldn't you? :lol:

I’m still yet to meet someone who considers themselves an Imagine Dragons fan. Seems like most people see them for the average to mediocre band they are...

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fuck sake who's said FOB other than Dan? Thought it had just come from him.