Lineup 2018

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Foos are looking 99% nailed on.

Royal Blood are probably either gonna headline outright or coheadline (I think they'll coheadline with Paramore).

Then the third is a bit more up in the air. Main names getting thrown about are Kendrick, Arcade Fire and Arctics. Personally think it will be Kendrick but AF wouldn't surprise me too much. Don't think there's much chance of AM but could be wrong.

TBH I think Kendrick is way more likely than Royal Blood imo

25 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just noticed that Pixies are down as efest strong rumour,when did that happen?

since they were tweeting old R&L lineups. as far as I'm aware, that's the only hint that they might be playing. SR is a bit of an overstatement imo, I'd say they're a possibility but wouldn't say they're a strong rumour.

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I think Kendrick is way more likely than Royal Blood imo

I'll be more surprised if Kendrick plays and Royal Blood don't than the other way round. Think they'll both headline though tbh, just think Royal Blood seem to be more likely at this point.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'll be more surprised if Kendrick plays and Royal Blood don't than the other way round. Think they'll both headline though tbh, just think Royal Blood seem to be more likely at this point.

I mean, given the fact that Eminem is nailed on for V fest at this point, Kendrick basically only has R+L left (whereas Royal Blood has loads of other options)

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, given the fact that Eminem is nailed on for V fest at this point, Kendrick basically only has R+L left (whereas Royal Blood has loads of other options)

That's assuming of course that Kendrick is gonna be playing European fests at all. Don't get me wrong, I think he's likely to play, but Royal Blood being the most successful British rock band in the last few years means R&L are gonna push them and book them when they can. Seems like they've played the long game, letting other fests get them last year, waiting for them to (co)headline exclusively this year.

Just to reiterate, I think the headliners will be Paramore / Royal Blood, Foos, Kendrick. I'd just put money on Royal Blood before I'd put money on Kendrick at this point.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

since they were tweeting old R&L lineups. as far as I'm aware, that's the only hint that they might be playing. SR is a bit of an overstatement imo, I'd say they're a possibility but wouldn't say they're a strong rumour.

Efests usually need a bit more info than that to make it SR

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Neil said that's the only reason. I don't think it will happen

uggg. I said it was the reason, but it's not quite the only reason.

Over the years I've come to know a little of what goes on around the pixies, so i'm mixing that into them having tweeted.

Ultimately i'm guessing that the tweeting means something, but i do think it means something.

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Frequency Festival Announcement: Gorillaz, Macklemore, Kygo, Kaleo, Casper, Timmy Trumpet, Lost Frequencies, Jamie Lawson, Dimension, Dj Hype B2B Hazard, Jauz, Krewella, Kungs, Netsky, Seven Lions, Sigala

Not a lot for R+L from this tbh.

Yeah that festival seems to have changed a lot.

57 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Catfish and the bottle men have just announced some uk gigs next may and july!!!!!! Hope this Means they are playing reading!!!!! (sub with royal blood maybe??)

If you mean sub Royal Blood I think that's fair don't know why that's a bad thing?? could sub anywhere, doubt they could push co headline quite yet. That Newcastle show is great though, Everything Everything and Little Comets as support is brilliant. 

Understand they're not everyone's cup of tea but they don't half put on a show when they're live.

I reckon they could sub someone like Foos. But yeah, NME headliner seems to be the best placing if they do play.

Edit: Talking about Pixies here

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Doubt it, NME headliner is probably max they'd achieve now or 3rd down maybe. Not many of today's audience will have any clue who they are which is sad.

Shit, didn't realise they'd dropped that much in popularity. They'd be a great alternative to someone like Kendrick 

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Shit, didn't realise they'd dropped that much in popularity. They'd be a great alternative to someone like Kendrick 

Just a lot of new gen of R+L audience are now born late 90's/ early 2000's and the height of their popularity was probably early/mid 90's. New stuff isn't bad and could be the nostalgia factor for this year so it is possible they're being underestimated a little bit. 

Agreed that they would benefit being the alternative to kendrick though.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Understand they're not everyone's cup of tea but they don't put on a show when they're live.

No you're right they don't. Terrible on record, terrible live, just an awful band. The epitome of white mediocrity.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Downvote 1