Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Had a dream last night that Marilyn Manson played so yeah.

do think they'd be a good NME headliner, with a closing set DJ (have Annie Mac in my prediction)

http://www.nme.com/news/music/arctic-monkeys-trnsmt-festival-speculation-2153309?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

thoughts? it's definitely possible, and would mean that they'd probably be available for R&L too.. could do a Kasabian and play both TRNSMT & R&L. I do think if R&L miss their chance with them this summer then they might miss them for this album tour and then it'll be another 5 years or so till they can get them again.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/arctic-monkeys-trnsmt-festival-speculation-2153309?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

thoughts? it's definitely possible, and would mean that they'd probably be available for R&L too.. could do a Kasabian and play both TRNSMT & R&L. I do think if R&L miss their chance with them this summer then they might miss them for this album tour and then it'll be another 5 years or so till they can get them again.

Yeah, if it's true I think they'll do R&L. The main issue with them doing R+L was if they were going to be touring or still working on the album, but if they're doing this and rumoured to do Coachella I think it's pretty likely they'll be around.

Then they'll do Glasto and arenas/stadiums in 2019

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's too soon for them to return to R+L if they're not yet sure of a new album. Having never played either, I'd say IOW and BST are better shouts, particularly if TRNSMT has them on around the same time.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It's too soon for them to return to R+L if they're not yet sure of a new album. Having never played either, I'd say IOW and BST are better shouts, particularly if TRNSMT has them on around the same time.

I guess it depends whether their new album is out or not before summer. Perhaps they have a preliminary release date which R&L know about and therefore could be booked.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Reckon they'd do stadiums instead of BST tbh but yeah fair point in general.

Doing stadiums to set up for an album tour is unlikely tho. Tbh I don't think they'll do BST but I needed to look like I had a clue where else they could be.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I guess it depends whether their new album is out or not before summer. Perhaps they have a preliminary release date which R&L know about and therefore could be booked.

Another booker said a couple of weeks ago that they don't have a preliminary date for the album yet.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Another booker said a couple of weeks ago that they don't have a preliminary date for the album yet.

Fair, tbh doing TNSMT, a couple of other festivals outside the UK and maybe a couple smaller exclusive gigs would be likely. Play some new tunes but mainly stuff that's already been released, then release the album around September/October time.

39 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fair, tbh doing TNSMT, a couple of other festivals outside the UK and maybe a couple smaller exclusive gigs would be likely. Play some new tunes but mainly stuff that's already been released, then release the album around September/October time.

That's similar to what they did last time (albeit with Glastonbury in the middle of a massive European festival run) so it should be possible in theory.

38 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Think Foos are still more likely than AM just now

Yeah definitely. Foos drawing a line under their three stadium dates suggests they're at a festival; IOW is doubtful bc of the dates and I'm sure Download announcement will go past with three other bands headlining so if Arctic Monkeys are to be at R+L then I'd expect it to be as well as and not instead of Foos.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Haven't VANT broken up now anyways?

yeah Mattie said its bc he wants to hit the mainstream with his music and try help make the world less shit or something and he couldnt do that with punk music as it isnt mainstream so hes gonna do a different project then come back to vant

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Why not? Subbed Download and have arena toured big enough

Korn subbed Download and played 3rd at R&L the following year. I seem to remember there were plenty of seating tickets available for their arena tours on the day too because I almost picked a few up. I wouldn't be massively surprised if they did sub, but right now I'm thinking that three of Catfish & The Bottlemen, Tame Impala, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers or Thirty Seconds to Mars to sub.