Lineup 2018

Seeing Frank Turner in Sheffield tonight, first time seeing one of his proper live shows despite the fact I've seen him three times at different festivals. Would be disappointed if he doesn't make an appearance at all at Leeds festival, he always adds something great to the day whenever I've seen him. And his new songs are sounding pretty decent as well. 

6 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Seeing Frank Turner in Sheffield tonight, first time seeing one of his proper live shows despite the fact I've seen him three times at different festivals. Would be disappointed if he doesn't make an appearance at all at Leeds festival, he always adds something great to the day whenever I've seen him. And his new songs are sounding pretty decent as well. 

I'll be there tonight too. His own live shows are always great. 

41 minutes ago, jj200 said:

i am surprised that they havn't annconed him yet maybe he's the first act on the saturday on main stage

Frank sold out Brixton. He isn’t  opening main stage unless it’s billed as a ‘special guest opener’. I could see him slotting in above Skindred once Slam Dunk is done. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Frank sold out Brixton. He isn’t  opening main stage unless it’s billed as a ‘special guest opener’. I could see him slotting in above Skindred once Slam Dunk is done. 

Skindred played Brixton, don't know if they sold it out but I'd have thought they're a bigger band. I'm hoping he does what Broco did last year.

45 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Skindred played Brixton, don't know if they sold it out but I'd have thought they're a bigger band. I'm hoping he does what Broco did last year.

Perform under a pseudonym on the Lock Up? Gallows did that in 2010 mate. 

I think it's possible but they might be looking at secret sets from bands who have just come back or are about to, rather than ones who have already played on this album circuit (although that's what Gallows did). Slotting in above/below Skindred seems more likely if he is gonna appear, but I don't think he necessarily will just based on that tweet.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Perform under a pseudonym on the Lock Up? Gallows did that in 2010 mate. 

I think it's possible but they might be looking at secret sets from bands who have just come back or are about to, rather than ones who have already played on this album circuit (although that's what Gallows did). Slotting in above/below Skindred seems more likely if he is gonna appear, but I don't think he necessarily will just based on that tweet.

Maybe Frank Carter's the new Frank Turner. Only needs 7 more years.

1 hour ago, bigfish said:

Mike Skinner (the streets) said last night that he might be announcing something big next week. What are we making of that? Any idea where and if the streets could fit into the lineup?

I WISH they'd play R&L but they won't :/. Definitely a new album on the way I'd say with the amount of singles recently.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I WISH they'd play R&L but they won't :/. Definitely a new album on the way I'd say with the amount of singles recently.

Sure there will be a new album, but he did say last night 'if you aren't seeing me at Brixton, keep an eye out next week' or something very similar, so really does hint at live dates. Wether this is reading or not is up to debate, but definitely live dates and an album coming up.

2 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Sure there will be a new album, but he did say last night 'if you aren't seeing me at Brixton, keep an eye out next week' or something very similar, so really does hint at live dates. Wether this is reading or not is up to debate, but definitely live dates and an album coming up.

Ahhh right okay. Hmm not really any UK fests with big enough slots left :/ It's either going to be a winter tour or his own little festival day thing I'd say.

Edited by TheWaters