Lineup 2018

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So the lineup is stronger if you remarketed one of the subs as a headliner, one of the headliners as a sub and replaced the 3rd down main with the NME headliner who is then potentially replaced by someone weaker - potentially as weak as a fourth down NME act?

This is fucking stupid, just stop.

Basically all his post shows is that other than FOB and KOL being naff headliners the lineup is fine.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Basically all his post shows is that other than FOB and KOL being naff headliners the lineup is fine.

But Florence w/o a new album isn't as strong as Kings of Leon is as a booking, and Paramore for Fall Out Boy seems like much of a muchness for most people as well because of how little interest there'd be in either. When the poster I made did the rounds, I recall Florence was routinely the one that went down the worst and of course when that podcast thing did a fake with Paramore on it, that went down like hot sick as well. I think the weight of expectation of Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys was the main thing that brought this lineup down; if neither were touring it'd probably have gone down fine.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But Florence w/o a new album isn't as strong as Kings of Leon is as a booking, and Paramore for Fall Out Boy seems like much of a muchness for most people as well because of how little interest there'd be in either. When the poster I made did the rounds, I recall Florence was routinely the one that went down the worst and of course when that podcast thing did a fake with Paramore on it, that went down like hot sick as well. I think the weight of expectation of Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys was the main thing that brought this lineup down; if neither were touring it'd probably have gone down fine.

hello again fall out boy is better than arctic monkeys and foo fighters put together can someone tell me why they have replaced them with paramore

• Downvote 4

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So the lineup is stronger if you remarketed one of the subs as a headliner, one of the headliners as a sub and replaced the 3rd down main with the NME headliner who is then potentially replaced by someone weaker - potentially as weak as a fourth down NME act?

This is fucking stupid, just stop.

Travis Scott is rap and up-and-coming and putting out new interesting music. As I said he doesnt need to be bumped up but it would make Paramore look better.

Panic imo shouldnt have been bumped up that much especially given the response to thei new stuff. Heck, just earlier people were saying that they basically are just a glorified sub.

I think there is too much 00's indie rock, so wanted to remove someone. I also didnt like the run of Wombats into The Kooks which seemed a bit samey. Plus as this was the coheadline day, whoever was 3rd is getting the better looking 3rd down slot, and imo Wolf Alice would be the best for that slot (tho a case could be made for Dua too). Plus MGMT I think would go down better in the tent. Also, I think Don Broco is vastly underestimated in their current slot, as do you as I know you were predicting them higher.

Florence would add more female representation, and unlike KoL is still relevant and getting bigger with each album 

I was aiming to change the lineup minimally by only changing a couple of acts to realistic alternatives than going "hey lets change it massively to a bunch of other acts". I have previously mentioned that later in the night is my issue, so of course for me moving acts like Don Broco later would obviously be beneficial.

I don't understand why everyone is so cranky all of a sudden. Sorry for sharing what I think would be a more balanced lineup, can't help how "fucking stupid" I am, Cribs to headline the pit amirite......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Travis Scott is rap and up-and-coming and putting out new interesting music. As I said he doesnt need to be bumped up but it would make Paramore look better.

Panic imo shouldnt have been bumped up that much especially given the response to thei new stuff. Heck, just earlier people were saying that they basically are just a glorified sub.

I think there is too much 00's indie rock, so wanted to remove someone. I also didnt like the run of Wombats into The Kooks which seemed a bit samey. Plus as this was the coheadline day, whoever was 3rd is getting the better looking 3rd down slot, and imo Wolf Alice would be the best for that slot (tho a case could be made for Dua too). Plus MGMT I think would go down better in the tent. Also, I think Don Broco is vastly underestimated in their current slot, as do you as I know you were predicting them higher.

Florence would add more female representation, and unlike KoL is still relevant and getting bigger with each album 

I was aiming to change the lineup minimally by only changing a couple of acts to realistic alternatives than going "hey lets change it massively to a bunch of other acts". I have previously mentioned that later in the night is my issue, so of course for me moving acts like Don Broco later would obviously be beneficial.

I don't understand why everyone is so cranky all of a sudden. Sorry for sharing what I think would be a more balanced lineup, can't help how "fucking stupid" I am, Cribs to headline the pit amirite......

grow a pair

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nice, my mates housemate used to be in a band with him at school. Small world.

Are you sure he wasn't in Alfie's band?

36 minutes ago, Jeremy F 2000 said:

if you mean fall out boy there not a bad headliner there great I can't believe they've replaced them with paramore

Bring back jj200 ffs.

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I basically meant the fact that the only significant change Matty made was those two headliners shows that the whole thing is as good as usual other than those two (not that swapping them for those two specific acts was a vast improvement).

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Calm down man it's a festival forum.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Are you sure he wasn't in Alfie's band?

Bring back jj200 ffs.

Yeah I basically meant the fact that the only significant change Matty made was those two headliners shows that the whole thing is as good as usual other than those two (not that swapping them for those two specific acts was a vast improvement).

Calm down man it's a festival forum.

what???? bring back fall out boy

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Apologies, I might have gone a bit far. But honestly I don't see how it's improving the lineup or anything. You're just moving shit around based on rules that the festival obviously doesn't adhere to and replacing acts with weaker acts and, Christ, nobody cares about the difference between third down below a coheadliner and third down below a normal headliner, or whether an act plays second-last at both sites as a coheadliner or a sub - It makes no difference to anyone's actual enjoyment of the festival. 

Just now, Properbigfan said:

Good to hear! Reckon it will be as good this time round?

Can't see any reason why it shouldn't be. I didn't hear any bad reviews coming from his London shows. You'll be able to end your night with Kendrick too, and not have to deal with the crushing disappointment of The Libertines following on. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

anyone have any ideas of who is to still be announced (more rock/ Indie themed wise)?? xXx

Your guess is as good as anyone’s. I think indie rock names will be in the minority across the missing main stage acts, as a lot of the remaining spaces seem to be on the Dance Stage. The Introducing stage will be full of indie bands though, naturally.

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

anyone have any ideas of who is to still be announced (more rock/ Indie themed wise)?? xXx

arctic monkeys are getting announced tomorrow i hear (well tomorrow +38 mins)

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Personally, I'm really anticipating the Jack Rocks/This Feeling stage (or whatever it'll be called this year) always some class indie, rock and punk bands on there. I'm sure you'd like quite a few of them if they're similar to last couple years.