Lineup 2018

I don't think that the lineup is objectively "weak", just fucking boring. Other than Wolf Alice the marquee indie names are KOL, Vaccines, Courteeners, Wombats and Kooks. That's shite. Then the marquee rock names are FOB, Panic, Sum 41 and I guess Pendulum. It's not normally that beige is it?

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't think that the lineup is objectively "weak", just fucking boring. Other than Wolf Alice the marquee indie names are KOL, Vaccines, Courteeners, Wombats and Kooks. That's shite. Then the marquee rock names are FOB, Panic, Sum 41 and I guess Pendulum. It's not normally that beige is it?

Yeah a lot of the bookings are pretty uninspiring, but aside from Wolf Alice I'm not really sure what other indie names they could have got of similar size and calibre that wouldn't have been just as boring as KOL/Vaccines/Courteeners etc. I'm sure they could have done a bit better with the rock headliners as you say, but again I think it just shows the changing tides of what's popular just now. Pretty much all the better, most inspired big bookings are from non rock/indie acts (Kendrick, Travis, Dua Lipa, Post, Skepta etc.).

There's a fair few decent booking from the rock/indie genres lower down in the bill as well, it just seems to be the 'logo' names that are uninspiring.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah a lot of the bookings are pretty uninspiring, but aside from Wolf Alice I'm not really sure what other indie names they could have got of similar size and calibre that wouldn't have been just as boring as KOL/Vaccines/Courteeners etc. I'm sure they could have done a bit better with the rock headliners as you say, but again I think it just shows the changing tides of what's popular just now. Pretty much all the better, most inspired big bookings are from non rock/indie acts (Kendrick, Travis, Dua Lipa, Post, Skepta etc.).

There's a fair few decent booking from the rock/indie genres lower down in the bill as well, it just seems to be the 'logo' names that are uninspiring.

Yeah I guess so. The main one coming to mind is Vampire Weekend, and I guess Arcade Fire but I don't blame them for passing on that.

14 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah I guess so. The main one coming to mind is Vampire Weekend, and I guess Arcade Fire but I don't blame them for passing on that.

And Vampire Weekend are exclusive to EOTR. There's probably one or two indie names they could have booked instead to make it stronger, but in reality the pool of acts doesn't seem like it was that great to begin with.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

And Vampire Weekend are exclusive to EOTR. There's probably one or two indie names they could have booked instead to make it stronger, but in reality the pool of acts doesn't seem like it was that great to start with.

I'd have thought they could beat EOTR to them if they wanted.

Aight here's the best possible balanced R+L 2018 lineup that's completely feasible

Arcade Fire / Vampire Weekend / Skepta / The Streets

Panic! At the Disco

Kendrick Lamar / Tame Impala / Courteeners / Enter Shikari

The Kooks

Paramore / Travis Scott / Prophets Of Rage / The Gaslight Anthem

Wolf Alice

Go on, find me someone who'd complain about that :ph34r:

Just now, Steve1000 said:

I'd have thought they could beat EOTR to them if they wanted.

Maybe. I'm really no expert on how exclusivity deals work but I'd have thought that EOTR would actively pursue an exclusivity deal for a band like Vampire Weekend pretty early on compared to R&L. It wouldn't really be that detrimental to R&L if they booked Vampire Weekend instead of The Vaccines for example, where as EOTR probably has more pressure to get a quality headliner to shift more tickets.

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Aight here's the best possible balanced R+L 2018 lineup that's completely feasible

Panic! At the Disco

The Kooks

Wolf Alice

anyone got any idea   why prophets of rage weren’t booked

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Maybe. I'm really no expert on how exclusivity deals work but I'd have thought that EOTR would actively pursue an exclusivity deal for a band like Vampire Weekend pretty early on compared to R&L. It wouldn't really be that detrimental to R&L if they booked Vampire Weekend instead of The Vaccines for example, where as EOTR probably has more pressure to get a quality headliner to shift more tickets.

Yeah probably. Tbh I'm not saying they should change the lineup, they obviously know better than me what brings in the punters. Just having a complain.

7 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

anyone got any idea   why prophets of rage weren’t booked

Was gonna say because they're a bit shit and then realised that'd mean they'd fit in nicely on the lineup, so idk tbh.

17 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Panic! At the Disco

The Kooks

Wolf Alice

I think it could be done with far fewer changes than that:

FIXED.thumb.png.b7202b0264095cd233a1c845a04dc774.png

- Paramore to replace FoB

- Travis bumped up to coheadline (or could sub tbh)

- Wolf Alice moved to 3rd down

- MGMT (or any other indie act about that size, Vampire Weekend/The Streets/Jungle/Friendly Fires etc. or heck, bump Don Broco up)

- Panic bumped down to sub

- Florence to replace KoL

I think it breaks up the 00's rock enough, shouldn't cost too much extra as lineup is changed a small amount, adds more female representation etc. Sure it mostly aint for me still, but I think the lineup would seem a lot stronger

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Probably because none of Public Enemy, Cypress Hill or Rage Against the Machine are popular amongst R&L's clientele. Sad truth is they'd go down worse than any of the acts R&L have booked in the slots they'd occupy.

I don't know but I'd have thought that Rage are an impactful enough band that a teenager getting big into rock and alternative is likely to come across. Korn aren't as big or as cool but went down alright.

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think it could be done with far fewer changes than that:- Paramore to replace FoB

- MGMT (or any other indie act about that size, Vampire Weekend/The Streets/Jungle/Friendly Fires etc. or heck, bump Don Broco up)

I think it breaks up the 00's rock enough, shouldn't cost too much extra as lineup is changed a small amount, adds more female representation etc. Sure it mostly aint for me still, but I think the lineup would seem a lot stronger

I don't like that lineup so you're wrong :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think it could be done with far fewer changes than that:

FIXED.thumb.png.b7202b0264095cd233a1c845a04dc774.png

hello I'm new here I would like to know if this is the new lineup and if so where is fall out boy I really wanted to see them....... thank you also does anyone know if you need Id to get in because I might sell my ticket if paramore are playing instead of fall out boy...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

So the lineup is stronger if you remarketed one of the subs as a headliner, one of the headliners as a sub and replaced the 3rd down main with the NME headliner who is then potentially replaced by someone weaker - potentially as weak as a fourth down NME act?

This is fucking stupid, just stop.

1 minute ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Aww thank you!! Been busy writing and recording!!! What do u guys think of the new announcement? Idk anyone on it!! xXx

Hope the recordings going well. Check out Death From Above and Rex Orange County from the new announcement, both really good additions imo.

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Hope the recordings going well. Check out Death From Above and Rex Orange County from the new announcement, both really good additions imo.

Yea Rex is the only one I knew, the sax player in ROC is in my big band xXx