Lineup 2018

Anybody manage to get Bloc Party tickets? Bit gutted I didn't manage to get one but £35 + travel etc. did seem a bit steep considering it's only half of the original band that made the album. Not the most extortionate pricing I've seen but still. Does seem like ticket prices are ever increasing and as someone who used to go to a lot of gigs but doesn't necessarily have that money to burn anymore it's very saddening. 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Anybody manage to get Bloc Party tickets? Bit gutted I didn't manage to get one but £35 + travel etc. did seem a bit steep considering it's only half of the original band that made the album. Not the most extortionate pricing I've seen but still. Does seem like ticket prices are ever increasing and as someone who used to go to a lot of gigs but doesn't necessarily have that money to burn anymore it's very saddening. 

Got tickets for Brussels. £45 quid return flights.

Weekend away there will be cheaper than a weekend in London for me.

25 minutes ago, Vik Vinegar said:

Got tickets for Brussels. £45 quid return flights.

Weekend away there will be cheaper than a weekend in London for me.

That's a good idea actually but I'll probably just leave it now, if it was 5 years ago I would've done anything to have saw them live.

Top username btw.:D

So, I remember someone asking about going to gigs alone a while ago, pretty sure it was on here.

I'm really wanting to go see Don Broco in Sheffield but the friends and girlfriend either said, "Nah not for 20 quid" or don't like them all. Seriously like this band and half tempted to go alone, though I dunno if I'd enjoy it quite as much. What are people's thoughts?

9 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

So, I remember someone asking about going to gigs alone a while ago, pretty sure it was on here.

I'm really wanting to go see Don Broco in Sheffield but the friends and girlfriend either said, "Nah not for 20 quid" or don't like them all. Seriously like this band and half tempted to go alone, though I dunno if I'd enjoy it quite as much. What are people's thoughts?

Swear @TheWaters went to see broco not too long ago and he was asking the same question but it could be someone else. 

Depends what kind of person you are really. If you enjoy getting close to the front and joining mosh pits etc, then there's no reason you shouldn't go on your own as there's very rarely a gig where the crowd are looking to be antagonistic and tend to be pretty friendly amid the hysteria.

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Swear @TheWaters went to see broco not too long ago and he was asking the same question but it could be someone else. 

Depends what kind of person you are really. If you enjoy getting close to the front and joining mosh pits etc, then there's no reason you shouldn't go on your own as there's very rarely a gig where the crowd are looking to be antagonistic and tend to be pretty friendly amid the hysteria.

I'm not normally one for the mosh pits, last time stood up on the balcony away from the crowd, but if I was to go alone  I reckon down at the front in the mosh pits would probably be the best bet.  I was seriously contemplating it, but then again I could just wait till I go to Leeds and drag whoever along to them. 

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

That's a good idea actually but I'll probably just leave it now, if it was 5 years ago I would've done anything to have saw them live.

Top username btw.:D

Did you not go to this 5 years ago then?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/bloc-party-earls-court-london-8510140.html

1 hour ago, TheDHolford said:

I went solo to their Cardiff show and had a great time. Such a fun band live.

33 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Im a bit too young to have gone to see them in their 'glory days'. Matt left the band when I was 13 and Gordon when I was 15 and London is the other side of the country which when you're that young isn't really doable and I didn't really start going to live events till I was at least 16 anyway.

Ultimately, I think once Matt left the bands sound as well as live performances took a nosedive, which is why I said I'd really have loved to see them at least 5 years ago, not that it was necessarily possible. 

4 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Im a bit too young to have gone to see them in their 'glory days'. Matt left the band when I was 13 and Gordon when I was 15 and London is the other side of the country which when you're that young isn't really doable and I didn't really start going to live events till I was at least 16 anyway.

Ultimately, I think once Matt left the bands sound as well as live performances took a nosedive, which is why I said I'd really have loved to see them at least 5 years ago, not that it was necessarily possible. 

I saw them on a whim on their last tour with the new band and it was pretty average, defo wouldn't bother seeing them again unless at a festival or whatever.

Saw them in 2012 with the proper band and it was great.

4 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

So when you were saying about having used to have gone to a lot of gigs and now the escalating prices are diminishing that, you mean completely over a 24-month timeframe? :P

I think they only cost a little bit more than their gigs in London in 2016 and 2017, but they were accounting for a higher level of demand. And they were right to, as it goes.

2 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

I'm not normally one for the mosh pits, last time stood up on the balcony away from the crowd, but if I was to go alone  I reckon down at the front in the mosh pits would probably be the best bet.  I was seriously contemplating it, but then again I could just wait till I go to Leeds and drag whoever along to them. 

Yeah it was me I was asking about going to see Broco alone a while back, I went and I loved it. Honestly one of the best gigs I’ve been to this year. Was in the mosh pit the whole time and got talking to plenty of people. Go for it alone mate you’ll love it.

3 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

I always go to loads of gigs alone, regardless if i'm seated or standing, got a few lined up this year that i'm going alone too, Skindred, WCAR, Clutch!

2 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Am I right in thinking that all of the stage headliners have been released in that last poster? And so any somewhat 'big' acts are quite unlikely due to pretty much every big space having been filled with mostly disappointing names...?

Well, the spaces to be filled on Main and maybe NME will likely have names that are bigger than eg. Underoath or Tom Grennan, so no that's not necessarily right. I wouldn't honestly be surprised if there was another stage headliner just squeezed in ahead but there's no reason to expect as much I guess.

9 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

So gutted. They better announce a second date. 

I’m planning on buying tickets shortly and am reading up on the payment instalment plan. If I’m reading it correctly you pay the first 25% on the day you order, then it’s 3 instalments of 25% on the 1st of each month following this, but skipping one month. 

So so am I right in saying:

buy this weekend:

25% today

1st May

1st June

1st July

buy next weekend:

25% when bought

25% 1st June

25% 1st July

25% 1st August

or am I reading it wrong? 

6 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I’m planning on buying tickets shortly and am reading up on the payment instalment plan. If I’m reading it correctly you pay the first 25% on the day you order, then it’s 3 instalments of 25% on the 1st of each month following this, but skipping one month. 

So so am I right in saying:

buy this weekend:

25% today

1st May

1st June

1st July

buy next weekend:

25% when bought

25% 1st June

25% 1st July

25% 1st August

or am I reading it wrong? 

25%+ service charges and delivery fees in first pavement then 25% each month.

If you buy this month yeah you’ve got the dates right because I started my instalment plan last week and that’s how it’ll be paid.

I believe this month is the last month for it isnt it? I may be making that up but I’m sure someone said it was? 

Edited by TheWaters

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

25%+ service charges and delivery fees in first pavement then 25% each month.

If you buy this month yeah you’ve got the dates right because I started my instalment plan last week and that’s how it’ll be paid.

I believe this month is the last month for it isnt it? I may be making that up but I’m sure someone said it was? 

If this is indeed the case, what’s the odds on them still selling tickets at the end of June?

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well, the spaces to be filled on Main and maybe NME will likely have names that are bigger than eg. Underoath or Tom Grennan, so no that's not necessarily right. I wouldn't honestly be surprised if there was another stage headliner just squeezed in ahead but there's no reason to expect as much I guess.

could george ezra be added on the lineup for saturday on main

20 minutes ago, jj200 said:

could george ezra be added on the lineup for saturday on main

Nah, reckon he'd be headlining R1 or third down on main if he ever did play. Headlining Boardmasters and Truck Festival alongside the likes of Courteeners and Catfish and the Bottlemen. 

Edit: If the slot below Dua Lipa is technically third down then I guess there would be a slim chance but I'd be surprised to see two pop acts in a row in prominent main stage slots. 

Edited by frontsidecab