Lineup 2018

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

LL&D is a pretty patchy album imo. Some of the songs are great but the rest are really forgettable.

Glitterbug and Modern Glitch are a lot more consistent imo. Sure the highs aint as good as LL&D but every song is just really solid on both tbh.

Agreed on the new album though, not their best work

True, when I saw them for their anniversary tour there were some poor songs on that album that they played that none of the crowd really got in to. However, none of their subsequent music ever lived up to the likes of Moving to New York and Let's Dance to Joy Division apart from maybe Tokyo but I can definitely see where you're coming from. I remember them playing Leeds 2016 and the glitterbug songs seemed to go down really well in the tent but at Community it didn't feel the same on an open stage which makes me think they may struggle this year in terms of getting an enjoyable crowd.

Just now, Andre91 said:

Former R&L darlings Bloc Party playing Silent Alarm in full at Ally Pally in October. I know it’s only half of the original band but that’ll still be one hell of a show. 

I had a dream that they got the band back together for a secret set this year, not the same without Matt and Gordon although the replacements have done a pretty decent job. If you watch their sets from 2006 to more recently like 2015/2016 it's so sad to see how much energy Kele has lost in his performances, they're one band I wish I could go back and watch in their glory days. 

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

True, when I saw them for their anniversary tour there were some poor songs on that album that they played that none of the crowd really got in to. However, none of their subsequent music ever lived up to the likes of Moving to New York and Let's Dance to Joy Division apart from maybe Tokyo but I can definitely see where you're coming from. I remember them playing Leeds 2016 and the glitterbug songs seemed to go down really well in the tent but at Community it didn't feel the same on an open stage which makes me think they may struggle this year in terms of getting an enjoyable crowd.

When I saw them this last weekend I was quite surprised by how the crowd reacted to songs, obviously there was the biggest cheers for songs like Moving to New York and Kill the Director off the first album, but it seemed all of the Glitterbug songs they did, Pink Lemonade, Give me a Try and Emoticons seemed to get the crowd going just as much, which I thought was odd. Though obviously at a festival you've got more casual fans of theirs that will probably only know their major hits and maybe a couple of the newer songs. The new songs did sound really great live, Lemon to a Knife Fight, White Eyes and Turn were all great live. 

49 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

The Used have just announced their rescheduled European tour with Reading weekend free in between Europe and the UK dates. Would fit nicely with the theme of early 2000's rock bands currently announced.

Yeah, I just noticed that.

Would be a good addition for us rock fans

5 hours ago, Cammers said:

I was there too... I spent the whole of Bloxx trying to figure out whether the singer was a boy or a girl.

3 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

I did as well, still can't work it out. Wasn't a big fan of their voice at all, crowd didn't seem into them at all either which probably didn't help.

The lead singers a girl, her name is "Fi" or "Phe", can't remember what it's short for, they all work in my local in London, shame to hear they weren't well received as they're all a good laugh

3 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

I did as well, still can't work it out. Wasn't a big fan of their voice at all, crowd didn't seem into them at all either which probably didn't help.

Completely the opposite when I saw them in Coventry. Doors were late to open so Bloxx had started when there was only around 15 people in there. I was right near the front and although for the majority of their set it was a half full room everyone was loving it. The singer kept commenting on how strange it was to be playing to a half empty room but have one of the best atmospheres of the tour so far.

2 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

When I saw them this last weekend I was quite surprised by how the crowd reacted to songs, obviously there was the biggest cheers for songs like Moving to New York and Kill the Director off the first album, but it seemed all of the Glitterbug songs they did, Pink Lemonade, Give me a Try and Emoticons seemed to get the crowd going just as much, which I thought was odd. Though obviously at a festival you've got more casual fans of theirs that will probably only know their major hits and maybe a couple of the newer songs. The new songs did sound really great live, Lemon to a Knife Fight, White Eyes and Turn were all great live. 

Yeah the crowd were loving the hits and new songs and like you say, songs from Glitterbug. There were only three songs I can vividly remember the crowd not getting into and they were 1996, Techno Fan and Jump Into The Fog which are surprisingly some of the more well known ones. 

4 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Seeing Magic Gang next Saturday, saw them last year and they were decent, albeit an almost 100% crowd of underage kids on drugs/so smashed they couldn't stand. Hopefully a better crowd this time around, loving their debut album. 

Really enjoying the debut album from these guys. Maybe not as impactful as it would've been if half of it wasn't already out as singles or on EP's but they at least reiterate that they know their way around a pop song.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Oi oi!! Been readin the forum, just not as much since the line ups come out, think that’s the case for a lot of people. But yeah bois!! Been busy getting music recorded and out there!!! If ya guys got Spotify have a listen!!! xXx

https://open.spotify.com/track/0YQXtp6d5dR16sVp1Ro1yY?si=1qDRO_y9QB2UMuR8EiahPQ

sounding good alfie mate! keep it up dude. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Retro P said:

I feel like Royal Blood are playing it very smart, not overexposing themselves in every field around unlike previously touted future headliners such as 2DCC and the Vaccines. Building anticipation up and focusing on being more established globally and setting themselves up instead of taking the easy dollar and playing everywhere over here which many up and coming bands find hard to resist. 

in defense of 2dcc, they are community exclusive this year and only did two fests last year + y not which was cancelled and a tour about a year and a bit of ago, by the next time they are in the runnings for headliner they should be fine keeping at this rate. Just hope they manage to go back to the Tourist History quality

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah the crowd were loving the hits and new songs and like you say, songs from Glitterbug. There were only three songs I can vividly remember the crowd not getting into and they were 1996, Techno Fan and Jump Into The Fog which are surprisingly some of the more well known ones. 

Thats really strange, I saw them at the hippodrome for that launch show and Jump into the Fog is a big one. Techno and 1996 not so much. I 'm happy for the setlist seeing them at ally pally next tuesday! I agree with not being too happy about the new album.

I'd say it goes Glitterbug, LL&D then BPWRYL tied with Modern Glitch (although modern glitch is carried VERY heavily by Tokyo) I like how Glitterbug has basically all good songs for me at least (including the two bonus tracks, Flowerball is one of my favourites of theirs shame they'll never play it live tbh) the only two i don't like are Isobel and Curveballs (curveballs is okay though. LL&D definitely has the hits on just half of the album is garbage imo

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Really enjoying the debut album from these guys. Maybe not as impactful as it would've been if half of it wasn't already out as singles or on EP's but they at least reiterate that they know their way around a pop song.

What do you think of the album versions of the singles compared to the original versions out of curiosity? I'm a fan of the album I just wish the singles were the original versions 

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thats really strange, I saw them at the hippodrome for that launch show and Jump into the Fog is a big one. Techno and 1996 not so much. I 'm happy for the setlist seeing them at ally pally next tuesday! I agree with not being too happy about the new album.

Yeah it was weird I was fully expecting the crowd to be as excited as for the other hits but they never really picked up.

The new album really isn't good imo. The singles are alright but don't like much else. Thankfully, the new songs are good live atleast,

3 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

IMO there classics include:

LL&D has Let's Dance To Joy Division, Moving To New York and Kill The Director (which are literally the only 3 songs I ever listen to on their album)

Modern Glitch had Tokyo, Techno Fan, 1991 and Jump into the Fog that I think most people would recognise (+Anti D)

Glitterbug had Greek Tragedy and Your Body Is A Weapon (plus lot's of solid songs like Give Me A Try, Emoticons and Pink Lemonade)

BPWRYL only really has Turn (plus probably Lemon To A Knife Fight, White Eyes and I Don't Know Why You Like Me But I Do)

Assuming they get 45 minutes (about 9 or 10 songs) I'd go with a tracklist something like this:

1. Moving To New York

2. Lemon To A Knife Fight

3. Jump Into The Fog

4. I Don't Know Why You Like Me But I Do (or some other album track from the new album)

5. Give Me A Try

6. Tokyo

7. Let's Dance To Joy Division

8. Greek Tragedy

9. Techno Fan

10. Turn

Thats 2 from LL&D, 3 from Modern Glitch, 2 from Glitterbug and 3 from the new album

59 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO there classics include:

LL&D has Let's Dance To Joy Division, Moving To New York and Kill The Director (which are literally the only 3 songs I ever listen to on their album)

Modern Glitch had Tokyo, Techno Fan, 1991 and Jump into the Fog that I think most people would recognise (+Anti D)

Glitterbug had Greek Tragedy and Your Body Is A Weapon (plus lot's of solid songs like Give Me A Try, Emoticons and Pink Lemonade)

BPWRYL only really has Turn (plus probably Lemon To A Knife Fight, White Eyes and I Don't Know Why You Like Me But I Do)

Assuming they get 45 minutes (about 9 or 10 songs) I'd go with a tracklist something like this:

1. Moving To New York

2. Lemon To A Knife Fight

3. Jump Into The Fog

4. I Don't Know Why You Like Me But I Do (or some other album track from the new album)

5. Give Me A Try

6. Tokyo

7. Let's Dance To Joy Division

8. Greek Tragedy

9. Techno Fan

10. Turn

Thats 2 from LL&D, 3 from Modern Glitch, 2 from Glitterbug and 3 from the new album

Probably would say cut Techno/Jump into the fog and add kill the director. I imagine the new album song would be cheetah tongue, lethal combination or black flamingo they seem to be the most popular 3 (excluding lemon and turn)

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Probably would say cut Techno/Jump into the fog and add kill the director. I imagine the new album song would be cheetah tongue, lethal combination or black flamingo they seem to be the most popular 3 (excluding lemon and turn)

I had picked IDKWYLMBID because it's a bit slower, but I guess Lethal Combination also ticks that box (tbh I just hate Black Flamingo and Cheetah Tongue and assumed they'd done better as they were singles before the album was out)

5 hours ago, Lukie74 said:

What do you think of the album versions of the singles compared to the original versions out of curiosity? I'm a fan of the album I just wish the singles were the original versions 

I didn’t notice much of a difference if I’m honest. Will check it out when I can.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

in defense of 2dcc, they are community exclusive this year and only did two fests last year + y not which was cancelled and a tour about a year and a bit of ago, by the next time they are in the runnings for headliner they should be fine keeping at this rate.

I really don’t think Two Door are about to headline R+L. I wanna say it won’t happen but their upwards fall resembles two of this year’s headliners, but really it shouldn’t be happening.

15 hours ago, Lukie74 said:

They're quite different, but I think I prefer the album versions. They feel like slightly sped up versions of singles which is always good. Not sure if they'll keep to the album versions live or not. There's a couple of songs I'm surprised were on the EP's that haven't made the album, but then again they could have made a full album just from the EP's.

15 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah it was weird I was fully expecting the crowd to be as excited as for the other hits but they never really picked up.

The new album really isn't good imo. The singles are alright but don't like much else. Thankfully, the new songs are good live atleast,

I'm still loving the album, it's got some of their best songs for ages I think, but then again I don't really like Glitterbug at all which makes me some sort of outlier. Really like the singles and Lethal combination and I'm really liking I Only Wear Black, just good fun tunes for me.

Anyone listened to Fickle Friends debut album? It's pretty decent, not my usual sort of music but I'm really into it. Tried to see them at YNOT last year but they were on the day that got pulled... Hopefully they won't be clashing at Leeds and I can go see them, I imagine they put on a good show, I've heard some good things about them.  

20 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I know its a bit random and not sure if its been mentioned as i haven't been on the forums recently, but Foos are rumoured for Rize Fest if anyone is interested. 

Rize have announced both their headliners and they’re some way short of the Foo Fighters. Did you make this up?

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I know its a bit random and not sure if its been mentioned as i haven't been on the forums recently, but Foos are rumoured for Rize Fest if anyone is interested. 

This is clearly bollocks. Their website is quite clear that it’s a two day festival, and the two headliners (Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher) have been announced