Lineup 2018

On 12/03/2018 at 7:13 PM, dentalplan said:

Heyyy just spotted that former mainstays The Joy Formidable have announced one of their rare visits back to Europe with a Swiss festival the weekend before R+L. Chuck em an early main stage spot on Saturday please.

I wonder what they're like now? They weren't great on the last tour... 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

It’s rather weird florence and the machine are playing one random European festival and nothing else

I think she'll pop up at one of the Beeb things. But yeah its a very light 'testing new material' run 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

It’s rather weird florence and the machine are playing one random European festival and nothing else

Hmm it’s three European festivals and then a Canadian one. She played only one or two festivals the year before How Big came out as well so I think, as Matt says, it’s just a brief few shows while she has very little to promote.

3 hours ago, MattLD7 said:

Longgggg shot but Jarvis Cocker has just announced some small shows this month and April. 

Is there any chance he could ever actually show up at R&L again, with or without Pulp. Their set in 2011 was insane. 

Id love to see pulp at reading and leeds

• Upvote 1

See Lovebox got Wu-Tang as a UK exclusive and it's more that likely the same with Gambino. Wireless got Stormzy & RAE SREMMURD. Bestival got Silk City. EOTR got Vampire Weekend. I'm sure this can be added to as I've probably missed some out.

I don't think anybody has been announced as an exclusive as of yet have they? I mean with the amount of money they have to spend on acts surely they could have ended up with some of these acts on an exclusive instead of them playing smaller fests and they wouldn't look out of place at all. Don't know if it is just me but exclusivity makes acts seem much more exciting.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

See Lovebox got Wu-Tang as a UK exclusive and it's more that likely the same with Gambino. Wireless got Stormzy & RAE SREMMURD. Bestival got Silk City. EOTR got Vampire Weekend. I'm sure this can be added to as I've probably missed some out.

I don't think anybody has been announced as an exclusive as of yet have they? I mean with the amount of money they have to spend on acts surely they could have ended up with some of these acts on an exclusive instead of them playing smaller fests and they wouldn't look out of place at all. Don't know if it is just me but exclusivity makes acts seem much more exciting.

I mean so far Panic and FoB are exclusives and I cant see them turning up anywhere else really so

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean so far Panic and FoB are exclusives and I cant see them turning up anywhere else really so

Definitely poor if they're gonna mark them as the main exclusives in the upcoming months.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

uweird

Maybe exciting wasn't the right word. It makes it more interesting if it's someone who you may not get to see for a significant amount of time/ever again.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

18 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Definitely poor if they're gonna mark them as the main exclusives in the upcoming months.

Maybe exciting wasn't the right word. It makes it more interesting if it's someone who you may not get to see for a significant amount of time/ever again.

Yeah understandable when it’s a special one-off kinda thing but the majority of those acts you listed are gonna be touring again next year, and are gonna be all around Europe as well in what I reckon will be something of a watershed year for people finding their festivals abroad.

Besides, even if R+L don’t name them as such, many of the acts are gonna at least be English festival exclusives. Including the headliners, which is commendable in a year where every other festival has one of Stereophonics, The Killers and Liam Gallagher headlining.

1 hour ago, TapeRecorder said:

St vincent is about close to reading as unlikely as that is

She's here for End of the Road, and doing three shows leading up to it, including Edinburgh on the Saturday of R&L weekend, not that she was likely in the first place.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Besides, even if R+L don’t name them as such, many of the acts are gonna at least be English festival exclusives. Including the headliners, which is commendable in a year where every other festival has one of Stereophonics, The Killers and Liam Gallagher headlining.

or simply just say Catfish and you've covered half the festivals honestly

5 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

According to the reading and Leeds app pendulum are a UK festival exclusive, but that’s all I seem to have noticed.

14 minutes ago, Pinkerton101 said:

According to the reading and Leeds app pendulum are a UK festival exclusive, but that’s all I seem to have noticed.

Maybe as a live act but there are a bunch of other DJ sets going on (tho as I have explained before, they are basically separate entities)