Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

I saw Guns n roses for a bloody lot more than £130.

Do you think, by-and-large, the sort of people going to Reading and Leeds are paying upwards of £130 to see GNR? The camping experience is a bigger selling point than most of the bands anyway. Kids aren't gonna pay £130 just to see one day of bands. They'd go to festivals where they can camp and see three days of bands for the same price. 

Can't believe this rearrangement of bands has turned into doing away with the camping element that it thrives on and bumping the prices to turn away most of its crowd. Stop digging. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

I was piss taking about the grime thing. This isnt a pisstake, it's not funny.

It just seems weird you can't grasp the concept that they'd rather sell weekend tickets than day tickets. They aren't a BST type festival so would rather sell out weekend tickets than sell out each day individually 

52 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Here's a fucking good idea. The "Chance of?" thread. 

Maybe but I prefer discussing potential additions to peeps crying over the acts that have already been booked.

Tho I don't know why anyone asks the people of the forum for any indication on who might play. If they've visited or even heard of these boards, they'd know that what we think is likely isn't usually anything like the actual outcome.

Queen + Adam Lambert headlining TRNSMT. Gotta say that's an absoutrly fantastic booking. That festival is shaping up to be amazing. First weekend is very good for Indie fans, AM's comeback UK show (probably), Stereophonics are okay for a cheaper booking, LG is legendary, Killers are very good live and Queen are obviously phenomenal.

Queen obviously wouldn't fit reading but I feel just a few more people would wanna hear we will rock you, dont stop me now and the countless other hits more than sex on fire and use somebody. 

It's pretty awesome how TRNSMT have managed to get Radiohead, AM, Queen and the Killers in 2 years - all of whom are capable of instantly selling out arenas. Shame that it isn't a camping festival.

Edited by R Shah
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

cheeky lil shout for Gus Dapperton low on the radio 1 or on the festival republic stage. He is really on the rise at the moment and would be a welcome booking in my humble opinion in a lineup lacking fresher indie acts.

3 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

"Trnsmt got Queen and we got Lil Pump" Dudey Rhino genuinely comparing a 1xtra headliner to a main stage headliner. 

Hahaha as if. He could've easily said "Trnsmt got Queen and we got FOB" and it would've sounded equally as bad tbh.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bizarre that a dude who commits so much time to covering the festival thinks Queen + Adam Lambert are in any way a plausible booking for Reading.

I honestly feel like he just rants about who he likes then makes it about R&L as it's the only fest he visits. Still though, is a bit stupid to make the comparison or even consider it relevant.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bizarre that a dude who commits so much time to covering the festival thinks Queen + Adam Lambert are in any way a plausible booking for Reading.

The bizarre thing about it is that even with the other acts booked for the Queen day of Trsnmt all appeal to a far older demographic than Reading. He's really pushing the limits of how many videos you can make ranting about a mediocre festival lineup. 

Just did a quick count, he's made 10 videos specifically about the lineup (which was released 3 weeks ago)

Edited by jkerr4412

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm sure I'm way, way off, but why aren't they? I'm sure most people in attendance would know at least 7 songs or something and would probably be down for it. It would be a massive party.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

anyone else by any chance manage to get tickets for Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes' free gig in Dr. Martens Camden on Saturday night? So fucking buzzed to see them in a 60 capacity venue, especially considering they sold out Brixton Academy with a 5000 cap.

Have a great time, man. What a night that will be.