Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They'd have got an even smaller sub crowd than The National. Maybe smaller than Tame Impala even.

I don't know how small they got but I'm not denying that. I think because of their tour dates someone mentioned it as a possibility. Would've enjoyed sitting in watching Katy Perry, Paramore, Foos on the trot.

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't know how small they got but I'm not denying that. I think because of their tour dates someone mentioned it as a possibility. Would've enjoyed sitting in watching Katy Perry, Paramore, Foos on the trot.

Aye, I just think - even for a sub - Paramore would be massively out of place at Glastonbury. R+L seems to be the only festival they can function at, and Melvin's gone off 'em. :wacko:

Is R+L becoming harder and harder to predict? 

When looking at headliners 3 out of 4 this year were completely out of the blue and nobody was expecting Muse last year (nor Eminem until late on iirc), I wasn't on the forum in 2016 but I doubt Disclosure was topping people's predictions. 

14 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Is R+L becoming harder and harder to predict? 

When looking at headliners 3 out of 4 this year were completely out of the blue and nobody was expecting Muse last year (nor Eminem until late on iirc), I wasn't on the forum in 2016 but I doubt Disclosure was topping people's predictions. 

Yes because it's impossible to predict something that actually has negative quantities of quality.

Edit: A lot of people were predicting Muse because there weren't many options for a big rock band (but lots, myself included, thought they wouldn't play). And most people were predicting Disclosure to sub in 2016 and we heard from someone pretty early on that they were actually co-headlining.

Edited by Gucci Piggy
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, lyrically it's all about hayleys divorce which I'm sure most 16 year olds wont have experienced. Plus I feel like it's more appreciated by the Glasto Crowd (in the same vein as The National etc.). On top of the nostalgia factor of their older stuff for a lot of glasto goers

Lyrically it's shit. They did okay on the last album but I'm not even sure what they are doing now.

Tbf if you are in Tokyo the weekend before there is nothing saying you are going to be free. If they keep up sales I've no doubt they'll be booked again.

No one attended The National....100% like Nick Cave should have been Other sub/not booked 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Lyrically it's shit. They did okay on the last album but I'm not even sure what they are doing now.

Tbf if you are in Tokyo the weekend before there is nothing saying you are going to be free. If they keep up sales I've no doubt they'll be booked again.

No one attended The National....100% like Nick Cave should have been Other sub/not booked 

Maybe they actually wanna book a good, credible festival instead of filling those slots with Imagine Dragons and Catfish and the Bottlemen like you would.

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Maybe they actually wanna book a good, credible festival instead of filling those slots with Imagine Dragons and Catfish and the Bottlemen like you would.

Wouldnt be suprised if next year is something along the lines of ID/Catfish, 1975 and then like someone nowhere nears AM/Foos popularity (like KOL) like Blink 182 as the established rock headliner.

Assuming the festival keeps going in this more mainstream direction, my hope for the headliners for 2019 are 1975, Royal Blood and Green Day with Tame Impala, CHVRCHES and Catfish as subs.

Edited by R Shah

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Wouldnt be suprised if next year is something along the lines of ID/Catfish, 1975 and then like someone nowhere nears AM/Foos popularity (like KOL) like Blink 182 as the established rock headliner 

I was talking about Glasto but yeah The 1975 will probably headline next year and it'd be a great booking for the fest. Imagine Dragons won't headline; if they were gonna do so it'd have been this year.

9 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Assuming the festival keeps going in this more mainstream direction, my hope for the headliners for 2019 are 1975, Royal Blood and Green Day with Tame Impala, CHVRCHES and Catfish as subs.

That's no more mainstream than previous years.

14 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Wouldnt be suprised if next year is something along the lines of ID/Catfish, 1975 and then like someone nowhere nears AM/Foos popularity (like KOL) like Blink 182 as the established rock headliner.

Yeah if anything that lineup you've suggested is probably the least mainstream since 2015.

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

It's my hope for the headliners. Probably won't happen though.

Yeah I know, it's just you said you were taking into account that the festival is going more mainstream, which didn't reflect in your prediction/hope.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's probably just becoming harder and harder to book.

Are acts becoming more expensive or is there more at play in terms of exclusivity etc?

It does seem like £220 for blatant mediocrity is becoming increasingly excessive. Ultimately though, it will shift tickets so my opinion on the lineup is pretty irrelevant.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Are acts becoming more expensive or is there more at play in terms of exclusivity etc?

It does seem like £220 for very mediocrity is becoming more excessive. Ultimately though, it will shift tickets so my opinion on the lineup is pretty irrelevant.

Yes. Probably will get more expensive soon as well. But more so that barely any bands come over in August anymore really.

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The fact they booked Catfish two years in a row makes your whole comment pointless! ROTFL! They weren't big enough for that then either. 

End of the day the opinion on here isn't usually the vast one out there and I'm fairly sure the vast majority saw The National under Foos and thought very strange, in fact a lot were worried they wouldn't enjoy as people just waited for Foos......turned out it seems people just left and returned for Foos.

5 minutes ago, BeardGlasses said:

I just don’t feel like I’ll get my moneys worth for £220 + extras for this festival right now. I always thought if they reduced the number of stages they would have a larger budget to attract a smaller number of better quality acts

If they reduce the stages they also reduce the amount of people they can let in

2 minutes ago, Aech said:

Not really, no.

I mean either that or they'd have to upgrade the stage sizes. The capacity of the stages aint that big, NME before it got shrunk held 20k, but is now signifiacntly less (I'd guess like 12k). COnsidering there are potentially 90 k people on site...

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

If they reduce the stages they also reduce the amount of people they can let in

Obviously it would take a lot of organising/ effort/money and just wouldn’t happen. But many festivals around Europe pull off 3 or 4 stages with similar capacity