Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah seems like Kendrick is closing both sites.

Thought that might be the case, which kind of defeats the whole point of "co-headline", aside from a probably slightly longer set from Panic than maybe a sub slot would give. 

2 hours ago, Lukie74 said:

I think it's because Summer Sonic (albeit the other side of the world) shows they're around late summer so people assume they couldve been pickings for R&L now

I see your point. Even if they weren't playing any gigs, they'd have done R+L if they got the call I'm sure; they've done the festivals in the middle of US tours and randomly out of the blue before. I can't imagine Paramore instead of Fall Out Boy would have improved things to the wider world though - we already got a taster of how people weren't bothered about them on that fake made by Soundcheck Podcast.

Edited by dentalplan

FYI - new additions to Rock am Ring /Park:

PVRIS, Antilopen Gang, Seasick Steve, Nothing More, Andrew W.K., 6ix9ine, Mantar, Don Broco, Thy Art is Murder, Scarlxrd, Giant Rooks und The Night Game 

I guess it makes all US bands announced unlikely for RandL

2 minutes ago, Ferda said:

FYI - new additions to Rock am Ring /Park:

PVRIS, Antilopen Gang, Seasick Steve, Nothing More, Andrew W.K., 6ix9ine, Mantar, Don Broco, Thy Art is Murder, Scarlxrd, Giant Rooks und The Night Game 

HAHA As if 6ix 9ine is playing. Jesus Christ, makes me feel lucky we ended up with Lil Pump and not 6ix 9ine.

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see your point. Even if they weren't playing any gigs, they'd have done R+L if they got the call I'm sure; they've done the festivals in the middle of US tours and randomly out of the blue before. I can't imagine Paramore instead of Fall Out Boy would have improved things to the wider world though - we already got a taster of how people weren't bothered about them on that fake made by Soundcheck Podcast.

I think Paramore would have fared slightly better but not loads. Would have looked good from the diversity stance and they've had a longer time off

Nah, not having that. Paramore were a bigger and better pop punk band and they're a bigger and better pop band. Honestly, I don't know how FOB thought dubstep was the right direction. No ones listened to that shit in years. So now rock fans don't listen to them, pop fans don't listen to them and electronic fans don't listen to them. Or I like to think that's how it is, but why Paramore aren't playing I don't know.

If FOB were on the Soundcheck Podcast one I'm sure it would have been even worse received.

I like Paramore a lot more but I think Fall Out Boy at least have a stronger nostalgia factor and a firmer place in music history than Paramore, on top of playing the same venues as them. Can’t really get down with Paramore being ‘much bigger’ when anyone of a certain age can name a couple of Fall Out Boy songs whereas with Paramore it’s not really the same. Someone’s obviously buying tickets and going to watch them, even if their album sales are declining (see: any rock band over a long enough period when people cut their losses and carry on listening to the old stuff).

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I like Paramore a lot more but I think Fall Out Boy at least have a stronger nostalgia factor and a firmer place in music history than Paramore, on top of playing the same venues as them. Can’t really get down with Paramore being ‘much bigger’ when anyone of a certain age can name a couple of Fall Out Boy songs whereas with Paramore it’s not really the same. Someone’s obviously buying tickets and going to watch them, even if their album sales are declining (see: any rock band over a long enough period when people cut their losses and carry on listening to the old stuff).

You may be right. Reading some of the older threads, it's weird how everyone's clamouring for Paramore to headline now.

Part of me wonders if Paramore would be better for something like Glastonbury nowadays (subbing maybe?). I feel like they cater towards a slightly older audience and Glasto fans would probably appreciate their After Laughter stuff more. Doubt they'll be booked though

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Part of me wonders if Paramore would be better for something like Glastonbury nowadays (subbing maybe?). I feel like they cater towards a slightly older audience and Glasto fans would probably appreciate their After Laughter stuff more. Doubt they'll be booked though

After Laughter is not for an old audience....it's for when you've just turned 16.

17 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

You may be right. Reading some of the older threads, it's weird how everyone's clamouring for Paramore to headline now.

Because at the time of those older threads people thought Paramore was as bad as the headliners were gonna get.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

The thing I dont understand is paramore and FOB both have a similar fanbase  - one coheadlined in 2014 and one coheadlined in 2016. Theyve both had/have arena tours playing the same(ish) venues in January and March so lets just say theyre the same level. The obvious booking is paramore. When they were booking artists, I imagine paramore had summer sonic om 18th and 19th and nothing immediately after. Surely they mustve at least tried for paramore? 

The other thing that I cant understand even more is this - say they tried and couldnt get paramore. They already have panic at the disco appealing to the 'emo' crowd. If they want a cheaper headliner because of KOL and Kendrick, there are so many other options other than fall out boy who headlined literally 2 years ago. Royal blood obviously. Tbh even Catfish would probably be better than FOB. At least try for the 1975. Stereophonics would've even been better. Imagine Dragons are slightly better than FOB in my opinion. Try for bmth at least. Bump 30STM up to headliner level.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

After Laughter is not for an old audience....it's for when you've just turned 16.

I mean, lyrically it's all about hayleys divorce which I'm sure most 16 year olds wont have experienced. Plus I feel like it's more appreciated by the Glasto Crowd (in the same vein as The National etc.). On top of the nostalgia factor of their older stuff for a lot of glasto goers

On 27/02/2018 at 10:02 PM, Alfie Clayton said:

Anyone know if seafret could play??? Xx

Stop putting kisses on your eFests post ffs.

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

No chance Paramore would be more appreciated at Glasto.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, lyrically it's all about hayleys divorce which I'm sure most 16 year olds wont have experienced. Plus I feel like it's more appreciated by the Glasto Crowd (in the same vein as The National etc.). On top of the nostalgia factor of their older stuff for a lot of glasto goers

Lool wtf. You've either got a massively inaccurate view of The National or a massively inaccurate view of Paramore.

The people who are into the likes of Paramore for nostalgic reasons aren't attending Glasto. They're the same people who are into Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy for nostalgic reasons. In terms of major festivals they'll all be at Download or R&L. Glasto books nothing in that vein and as a result you don't get people there clamouring for bands like Paramore.

• Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

After Laughter got moderate critical acclaim but you can't make that comparison at all.

Although I was hoping they'd sub Foos this year, would've been good telly for me.

Edited by Steve1000

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

After Laughter got moderate critical acclaim but you can't make that comparison at all.

Although I was hoping they'd sub Foos this year, would've been good telly for me.

They'd have got an even smaller sub crowd than The National. Maybe smaller than Tame Impala even.