Lineup 2018

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's unnecessarily annoying me that you posted this as a screenshot rather than just copying and pasting it.

:lol::lol::lol: me too! When I copy and paste it seems to bring it in, in a much larger font which may have annoyed you even more. I was on my phone and as far as I can tell the button to reduce the size isn't there.

If you see a guy at Mad Cool handing print outs with the word "Hello" on rather than just talking, come and introduce yourself!

22 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

:lol::lol::lol: me too! When I copy and paste it seems to bring it in, in a much larger font which may have annoyed you even more. I was on my phone and as far as I can tell the button to reduce the size isn't there.

If you see a guy at Mad Cool handing print outs with the word "Hello" on rather than just talking, come and introduce yourself!

Ah yeah every time I copy and paste my predictions over it gives it a weird sized font but luckily it's just like one size smaller or something so I just leave it.

Haha ffs, will do.

Genuinely think we'll be seeing a lot of BROCKHAMPTON at future fests. But tbf I really wouldn't mind seeing them working their way up the lineup over the next few years.

I was going to try and make a pun about saturation but I'm going to spare you.

Edited by TheWaters

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There has always been crossover acts playing that stage, though, whether that be HO99O9 or Carpenter Brut last year. I don’t see the issue when you have some rappers playing the dance tent; it’s no different. 

Papa Roach are a solid academy band and sell out Brixton whenever they come over. I don’t think too many people would scratch their heads if they were to headline second at DL. NOFX and Sum 41 have done so in recent years. 

You might not see Broco going anywhere but they are only going one way. Just look at their growth over the past 5/6 years. I’m sat looking at the 2012 lineup poster I have on my wall and they were playing the FR tent. Now they’ve got a Top 5 album, they’ve sold out multiple UK tours and sold out Ally Pally. 

They have said that the NME Stage is their favourite stage to play so that might be why they’re there. I don’t think anyone can say that they didn’t expect Broco to be quite a lot higher. Whilst third might have been a stretch, they’re comfortably big enough to play fourth down Main. 

I think rappers playing a dance stage is different as rappers play dance festivals.

Sum 41 were on a comeback though tbf, I do agree Don should be higher than 5th down NME mind. 

London is a bit different though as it's hugely populated and of course easier to sell out....I live in Northants and would rather travel to London if not the extra prices as I can park the car round from the station and buy my tickets early for the train at a return for £16-18. It's just more convenient as by the time you pay Birmingham parking it's cost £26/27 quid for fuel as well and driving there is shit. Always roadworks!

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

London is a bit different though as it's hugely populated and of course easier to sell out....I live in Northants and would rather travel to London if not the extra prices as I can park the car round from the station and buy my tickets early for the train at a return for £16-18. It's just more convenient as by the time you pay Birmingham parking it's cost £26/27 quid for fuel as well and driving there is shit. Always roadworks!

k den

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

I doubt Deaf Havana will move down that much. Maybe 1 but I struggle to see Sigrid/Brockhampton/Playboy Carti moving that far down

Yeah pretty sure they'll end up playing there. Even if they're a bit small for it it makes sense as an option for Panic fans after their set. Panic > Deaf Havana > Pendulum/Papa Roach. As Dental said a few times, shifting them down one slot and having them clash with Panic wouldn't make much sense even if it's more in line with how big they are.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah pretty sure they'll end up playing there. Even if they're a bit small for it it makes sense as an option for Panic fans after their set. Panic > Deaf Havana > Pendulum/Papa Roach. As Dental said a few times, shifting them down one slot and having them clash with Panic wouldn't make much sense even if it's more in line with how big they are.

Moving the acts back a slot would also clash Sigrid with Dua Lipa which is something they'd probably want to avoid.

Edited by TheWaters

6 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

So maybe *if anything* we see a NME sub added and the secret set happens to be then but I don't reckon we see anything 

Ideally they will just boot Deaf Havana off the lineup once they give them a listen and realise how bad they are.

Then again they'd have to boot 99% of the lineup off the bill if they did that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ideally they will just boot Deaf Havana off the lineup once they give them a listen and realise how bad they are.

Then again they'd have to boot 99% of the lineup off the bill if they did that.

Yeah but for the slot they're in, Deaf Havana are *really* bad.

Pendulum is a massive booking, the trio of them, Wolf Alice and Skepta is such a strong set of NME headliners!

Compared to YMA6/Flume/HAIM; Jack Ü/TDCC/1975; Limp Bizkit/Rebel Sound/Deadmau5; Courteeners/Bombay Bicycle Club/Disclosure; Skrillex/alt-J/Phoenix; Maccabees/At The Drive-In/Justice; The Streets/Beady Eye/Jane's Addiction; Pendulum/Klaxons/LCD Soundsystem; I think this year's trio is the best of this decade.