Lineup 2018

Just now, mttJ said:

Well Travis Scott isn't mentioned anywhere as being a co-headliner yet his font size (I know...) is bigger than Courteeners who should technically be playing the same sub-headliner slot? Therefore two big font acts (still aware) for each day, leaving one left for the Sunday.

His management clearly wanted a bigger font size - this is a thing that happens. A thing that doesn't happen is that they announce an act who is actually a headliner but they don't publish that they're a headliner anywhere on their press.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

His management clearly wanted a bigger font size - this is a thing that happens. A thing that doesn't happen is that they announce an act who is actually a headliner but they don't publish that they're a headliner anywhere on their press.

Think my heads gone a little reading into font sizes a bit too much.

7 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Well Travis Scott isn't mentioned anywhere as being a co-headliner yet his font size (I know...) is bigger than Courteeners who should technically be playing the same sub-headliner slot? Therefore two big font acts (still aware) for each day, leaving one left for the Sunday.

Oh of course the old if we think 2 have coheadliners the other day should do as well. It ain't like we haven't had a year before thats had 2 sets of coheadliners is it...

(This is assuming of course Travis is coheadlining even though everything points to the fact that they aint and whoever this new PR company is is shit at Graphic Design)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh of course the old if we think 2 have coheadliners the other day should do as well. It ain't like we haven't had a year before thats had 2 sets of coheadliners is it...

(This is assuming of course Travis is coheadlining even though everything points to the fact that they aint and whoever this new PR company is is shit at Graphic Design)

Yeah my point was that he isn't coheadlining so it was a bit of a weird design. Not the former.

Also, I made this based off of the clashfinders for today (using data from both). Will try and do something like this semi-regularly cos I like stats and stuff.

Other interesting clashfinder facts:

- The Wombats are the most highlighted band for Leeds (29/66) and Sum41 is the second most (28/66)

- 54% of Reading responders highlighted Kendrick (72/135, over 20 more than the next most highlighted act)

- Sigrid and Travis Scott both sit at 9.95% of highlighters (20/201)

Obviously there is still a weighting on older acts as the announcement only just happened but still interesting

Capture.PNG

I'm really hapy with Travis Scott, La Dispute, Trophy Eyes, Don Broco,  Billy Talent, Stray From The Path, scarlxrd and Milk Teeth. 

Put that alongside Post Malone, Creeper, Underoath, Kendrick Lamar, Sum 41, BROCKHAMPTON, Beartooth, $uicideboy$, J Hus, Skepta and Diplo there's actual quite a lot. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It's still not even halfway complete yet.

Whilst True there can't be much more added to the top of the bill, We've got the Headliners, Sub and 3rd for main, At least the headliner for 2nd (how high up do we thing Diplo will play?), headliner for the dance stage, headliner for the FR stage, (at least) sub for the Pit, so best case I get somebody who appeals to me headlining the pit and somebody subbing FR stage, but chances of either happening are low IMO. Currently for the sunday there's 3 acts that I really like, one being Milk Teeth who I've already seen 4 times in the past 2 years, are seeing them in a month, and are already at Slam Dunk and Download which I already have tickets for, and then there's The Vaccines who are alright. For the rest of the line up we have Skepta, who I don't get, but fair enough it's not my thing, KOL who I hate, The Courteeners who have a special level in hell reserved just for their tripe and Hannah Wants and Tom Grennan who are eh and I saw Tom last year.

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I believe we've got all the headliners for all the stages now surely?

I think somebody in here earlier said that the press release had just Papa Roach and Underoath talked about as headliners, so it's giving me hope and I'm clinging too it haha.

17 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Whilst True there can't be much more added to the top of the bill, We've got the Headliners, Sub and 3rd for main, At least the headliner for 2nd (how high up do we thing Diplo will play?), headliner for the dance stage, headliner for the FR stage, (at least) sub for the Pit, so best case I get somebody who appeals to me headlining the pit and somebody subbing FR stage, but chances of either happening are low IMO. Currently for the sunday there's 3 acts that I really like, one being Milk Teeth who I've already seen 4 times in the past 2 years, are seeing them in a month, and are already at Slam Dunk and Download which I already have tickets for, and then there's The Vaccines who are alright. For the rest of the line up we have Skepta, who I don't get, but fair enough it's not my thing, KOL who I hate, The Courteeners who have a special level in hell reserved just for their tripe and Hannah Wants and Tom Grennan who are eh and I saw Tom last year.

Ah my bad. I wrongly assumed that you speculating about KOL day filling out meant you were after bands that'd make seeing KOL worthwhile. Probably not gonna improve enough to make it worth going for the day to see Milk Teeth and Don Broco and whoever then.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Ah my bad. I wrongly assumed that you speculating about KOL day filling out meant you were after bands that'd make seeing KOL worthwhile. Probably not gonna improve enough to make it worth going for the day to see Milk Teeth and Don Broco and whoever then.

I was thinking more so I can justify a weekend ticket haha, the saturday and sunday (for leeds) have somehow become pretty good for me, Underoath and Pendulum are 2 of my all time favourite bands, and there's good runs of bands elsewhere. Can't really justify a weekend ticket when one of the days is filled with stuff I don't like.

1 minute ago, KingPin said:

I was thinking more so I can justify a weekend ticket haha, the saturday and sunday (for leeds) have somehow become pretty good for me, Underoath and Pendulum are 2 of my all time favourite bands, and there's good runs of bands elsewhere. Can't really justify a weekend ticket when one of the days is filled with stuff I don't like.

Two day tickets and spend the money you save on a hotel? :P

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Two day tickets and spend the money you save on a hotel? :P

It's an option, I'll have to see, it also depends on what the group thinks, considering the rest of them have bought Kendal Calling tickets ontop of Slam Dunk and Download, and god knows why that's kinda naff too.

I'm going to guess given the lockup/pit closers and the main stage builds so far for FOB and KOL days that The Distillers are going under Sum 41 should they be booked and Papa Roach have The Pit given them an outside space for a reunion. Also as it's co-headliner it will still be kind of 4th down to them. I wanted one option to end the days not two. 

Have to say that it still looks a bit weak but the new announcement has made it look a lot better, that combined with the fact stage splits always make it look better anyway I feel. Kate Nash had got to be the most unexpected act there, but I have to admit I'd consider watching her set. I used to really like her first album. Having said that I obviously wouldn't miss Pendulum for it. And she'll get a tiny crowd against them and Kendrick.

Edited by thelemon