Lineup 2018

39 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

This thread is going to be pretty dead until the next announcement isn't it? Feel like no one's really bothering anymore because the announcement was so disappointing haha.

Plus I have no clue what to expect. This year seems to have so many changes (new announcement, weaker headliners but maybe stronger NME headliners, 50% rap which I have no clue about placements, pop acts being booked, bizzare ordering choices like The Blaze being so high up etc.). The only thing that will help us now is the Pukkelpop announcement but that still aint for a while

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Plus I have no clue what to expect. This year seems to have so many changes (new announcement, weaker headliners but maybe stronger NME headliners, 50% rap which I have no clue about placements, pop acts being booked, bizzare ordering choices like The Blaze being so high up etc.). The only thing that will help us now is the Pukkelpop announcement but that still aint for a while

Yeah fair enough, out of interest when is the Pukkelpop announcement?

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Thats not how a B2B set works :P They're all on at the same time DJing

Ffs I literally thought that when typing whether they were at the same time or not, ignore that comment yeah they'll deffo be headlining the tent then haha.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

You could make the same argument about The Vaccines :P

Well yeah but these aren't hard and fast rules. It seems like the majority of the time they prefer to have acts returning to different stages.

Say they have Wolf Alice, CHVRCHES, Skepta, The Vaccines and The Wombats to fit into two 3rd main slots and 3 NME headline slots. Wolf Alice's management demand a slot headlining a stage so they're instantly put as NME headliners. Out of the remaining four acts, three of them last appeared on main and one last appeared on NME. They ideally want to put two of the first group (CHVRCHES, Skepta and The Vaccines) as NME headliners and the remaining one is 3rd down main along with The Wombats. They decide CHVRCHES and Skepta will work better in the tent than on main so The Vaccines end up having to play main again.

I'm not saying any of the above happened, but just because The Vaccines may be returning to the main stage that doesn't invalidate the point.

Just now, TheWaters said:

Yeah fair enough, out of interest when is the Pukkelpop announcement?

Ffs I literally thought that when typing whether they were at the same time or not, ignore that comment yeah they'll deffo be headlining the tent then haha.

Pukkelpop is usually end of February/start of March iirc

Also they are doing the exact same b2b at SW4 on the Saturday so they'll have to be on late if they're gonna make it in time

3 minutes ago, Garlic Dead said:

New to the forums guys.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the part of the Reading and Leeds wikipedia mentioning "MainStage A and B" is no longer on the site.

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah it was kind of assumed that a randomer had edited it, not someone official, haha.

20 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why would you care who's on the other stages when you could be watching The Wonderwhy live?

Actually, if Sugar We're Goin Down is being played on the main stage at the same time wtf do you do?

they don't play it live anymore so i'd obviously go to fob 

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah but these aren't hard and fast rules. It seems like the majority of the time they prefer to have acts returning to different stages.

Say they have Wolf Alice, CHVRCHES, Skepta, The Vaccines and The Wombats to fit into two 3rd main slots and 3 NME headline slots. Wolf Alice's management demand a slot headlining a stage so they're instantly put as NME headliners. Out of the remaining four acts, three of them last appeared on main and one last appeared on NME. They ideally want to put two of the first group (CHVRCHES, Skepta and The Vaccines) as NME headliners and the remaining one is 3rd down main along with The Wombats. They decide CHVRCHES and Skepta will work better in the tent than on main so The Vaccines end up having to play main again.

I'm not saying any of the above happened, but just because The Vaccines may be returning to the main stage that doesn't invalidate the point.

Knowledge or speculation? Would this also apply to outside the UK? (Thinking of Mad Cool)

48 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Knowledge or speculation? Would this also apply to outside the UK? (Thinking of Mad Cool)

We've heard that they're headlining NME here but that's all. I doubt any requests/requirements would carry over to Spain.

3 minutes ago, MattLD7 said:

When's the next announcement? Hoping this next one is half decent. 

Should be end of next month. Hopefully the panning of thr last announcement brings forward the next one.

2 hours ago, Mattd1205 said:

Complete speculation. I was just throwing out situations which could have led to those three being our NME headliners because some people seem to be finding it so difficult to wrap their heads around.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, undecided said:

I'd be pretty pissed if skepta clashed with main on the Sunday. Considering that I think at least half the crowd will be there it won't feel the same at main. 

I'm hoping for Skepta 3rd main and maybe J Hus headlining NME but I'm almost certain it will be Skepta on NME sadly. I really do believe Skepta could pull a crowd equal in size, if not bigger, against KOL so that's pretty dangerous.

Skepta will do well but let’s not go overboard. He will drag larger numbers out to Parklife and Lovebox than he will Reading. He’s gonna be over two years into this album cycle so I can see even fans who’ve paid to see him already dipping on his set.

And then on the other hand you have Kings of Leon, who are still a huge band. Not as current, granted, but they still ship numbers despite epitomising irrelevance and will be a decent seller for day tickets too - certainly wouldn’t underestimate the appeal of one or two enormous songs ten years ago. I think many weekend ticket holders will go see them as well, even if it’s just cos they wouldn’t pay to see them or get the opportunities to see them that they would with Skepta.

• Upvote 1