Lineup 2018

13 minutes ago, Aech said:

Keep in mind that is a very small sample, but probably.

73 Highlight sets apparently but I have no idea how accurate that number is. But bearing in mind Clashfinder is used mostly by rock fans (hip-hop/rap and electronic acts usually get lower highlight numbers) Brockhamptons and Kendricks count is very respectable imo

Edited by Mattymooz

On 16/02/2018 at 4:04 PM, KVShinedown said:

So my biggest problem with the lineup is the amount of lazy, repeat bookings and the courteeners are the epitome of this. If you haven't seen them at Reading it's certainly not from lack of opportunity! They've released no new music since they last played and to the best of my knowledge have never played anything larger than an academy outside the northwest, they really don't deserve to sub when compared with some other acts that havent played for years and have recently released quality records (tame impala spring to mind). I'd be interested to see how much of that lineup have played the festival in the last 2 or 3 years, I reckon its a good chunk of it. 

Tame Impala headlining instead of FOB would have made the announcement miles better.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

73 Highlight sets apparently but I have no idea how accurate that number is. But bearing in mind Clashfinder is used mostly by rock fans (hip-hop/rap and electronic acts usually get lower highlight numbers) Brockhamptons and Kendricks count is very respectable imo

Brockhampton share more fans with King Gizzard and Death Grips than they do anyone on the Wireless line up.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, thelemon said:

Is it true that R&L would be BROCKHAMPTON first UK shows? I even heard first shows outside the states? Surprised they've not made a point of that in their marketing tbh

Pretty sure it is their first UK shows, yeah! Unless they have some unannounced shows before hand 

Fall Out Boy / Travis Scott / The Wombats / Post Malone

Wolf Alice

Kendrick Lamar / Panic! at the Disco / Dua Lipa

??? (CHVRCHES?)

Kings of Leon / Courteeners / The Vaccines / J Hus

Skepta

*The Wombats and The Vaccines swap days (probably due to conflicting commitments elsewhere or something)*

*Travis Scott drops out and Post Malone is bumped up to sub (he probably overtook The Vaccines in popularity in this time)*

Please stop saying weird things Mattymooz, especially about what act The Vaccines' fans will prefer to watch if they turn up early to their set.

53 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fall Out Boy / Travis Scott / The Wombats / Post Malone

Wolf Alice

Kendrick Lamar / Panic! at the Disco / Dua Lipa

??? (CHVRCHES?)

Kings of Leon / Courteeners / The Vaccines / J Hus

Skepta

*The Wombats and The Vaccines swap days (probably due to conflicting commitments elsewhere or something)*

*Travis Scott drops out and Post Malone is bumped up to sub (he probably overtook The Vaccines in popularity in this time)*

Please stop saying weird things Mattymooz, especially about what act The Vaccines' fans will prefer to watch if they turn up early to their set.

That just seems like such a weird order to book acts for, but then again everything about the lineup has been weird so far...

Edited by Mattymooz

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That just seems like such a weird order to book acts for, but then again everything about the lineup has been weird so far...

I don't get what's weird about any of it other than I'd have expected J Hus to be 3rd instead of The Wombats. But weren't you one of the people saying The Wombats coukd be 3rd down? Loads of people were so it can't be that surprising.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't get what's weird about any of it other than I'd have expected J Hus to be 3rd instead of The Wombats. But weren't you one of the people saying The Wombats coukd be 3rd down? Loads of people were so it can't be that surprising.

I expected them to be 3rd down but not over Skepta/J Hus/CHVRCHES/Wolf Alice etc. but more as the weaker 3rd down (though changed my mind later with everyone that Hunna are most likely for that slot tbh)

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I expected them to be 3rd down but not over Skepta/J Hus/CHVRCHES/Wolf Alice etc. but more as the weaker 3rd down (though changed my mind later with everyone that Hunna are most likely for that slot tbh)

The only one of those acts they're "over" is J Hus, and we always get a few surprising placements.

We can argue all we like about where abouts on main stage an NME headline slot is equivalent to but the fact is they're different stages and there aren't directly equivalent slots. Maybe they thought Wolf Alice, CHVRCHES and Skepta are more suited to a headline set (I'd agree); maybe they thought their music/show would work better in a tent/in the dark.

Plus if those three are the NME headliners they seem to have gone a bit bigger than in previous years. Maybe from now on NME headliners will tend to be acts that would be 2nd/3rd down main if they were to play that stage.

Also CHVRCHES and Skepta were on main stage last time they played whilst The Wombats were on NME. We've seen that they usually prefer having acts return to different stages rather than the same one.

4 minutes ago, ollieg99 said:

I will be quite disappointed if Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii are headlining the Dance Tent. Just feel like a better , more well known act out there and reachable.

Yeah there are plenty about that could easily do it, really hoping it's sub for them. Imagine Slushii closing it. Jesus Christ.

30 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Also CHVRCHES and Skepta were on main stage last time they played whilst The Wombats were on NME. We've seen that they usually prefer having acts return to different stages rather than the same one.

You could make the same argument about The Vaccines :P

6 minutes ago, ollieg99 said:

I will be quite disappointed if Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii are headlining the Dance Tent. Just feel like a better , more well known act out there and reachable.

I mean, Netsky playing solo would headline that stage nowadays surely, and Jauz is pretty big too nowadays (I had him 4th down on the Dance stage).

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

You could make the same argument about The Vaccines :P

I mean, Netsky playing solo would headline that stage nowadays surely, and Jauz is pretty big too nowadays (I had him 4th down on the Dance stage).

Tbf as long as Netsky is the last on of those three i'd be happy.