Lineup 2018

38 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Wait you think Wombats are third? So NME goes Diplo < J Hus < Skepta? Cause Diplo doing a cloaing set would mean Skepta aint even vs. a headliner

TBH I dunno whats so difficult about this either. Youre just saying you thinm Vaccines would be 3rd down main on the Friday rather than NME headliners on the Saturday which basically makes 0 difference (assuming you agree Don Broco is gonna be there and would just fill the other slot)

How does it make zero difference? It would be logical to assume that The Vaccines, having been pencilled in to play third down main, would have swapped with The Wombats and are still playing third down main, wouldn't it? And nothing has changed on the Saturday poster meaning that the potential/existing NME headliner on Saturday is still in place.

Unless they're a replacement (which I doubt because they are so obvious to play) then Don Broco would have to be fourth down Saturday or possibly Saturday's NME headliner held back, because we already had all the thirds on that Vaccines poster and Don Broco weren't one of them.

And for the record, I would predict that NME just goes Diplo then Skepta on Sunday. Putting Skepta (and J Hus) in a tent against the likes of Courteeners and Wombats would be reckless as they'd certainly attract a bigger crowd, based on the clientele they're trying to appeal to here.

Edited by dentalplan

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

How does it make zero difference? It would be logical to assume that The Vaccines, having been pencilled in to play third down main, would have swapped with The Wombats and are still playing third down main, wouldn't it? And nothing has changed on the Saturday poster meaning that the potential/existing NME headliner on Saturday is still in place.

Unless they're a replacement (which I doubt because they are so obvious to play) then Don Broco would have to be fourth down Saturday or possibly Saturday's NME headliner held back, because we already had all the thirds on that Vaccines poster and Don Broco weren't one of them.

And for the record, I would predict that NME just goes Diplo then Skepta on Sunday. Putting Skepta (and J Hus) in a tent against the likes of Courteeners and Wombats would be reckless as they'd certainly attract a bigger crowd, based on the clientele they're trying to appeal to here.

So where is J Hus playing on the Saturday then? 4th down main below Wombats? Surely not...

I don't think it makes logical sense that they would have just swapped Vaccines & Wombats as what would be the point? I assume there has been some reshuffle because someone dropped out (maybe the NME headliner on the Sat?) or someones album did better than expected and got bumped up or someones album did worse than expected and got bumped down.

"We've already had all the third downs" unless Vaccines aren't third down which is my whole point :P

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

So where is J Hus playing on the Saturday then? 4th down main below Wombats? Surely not...

I don't think it makes logical sense that they would have just swapped Vaccines & Wombats as what would be the point? I assume there has been some reshuffle because someone dropped out (maybe the NME headliner on the Sat?) or someones album did better than expected and got bumped up or someones album did worse than expected and got bumped down.

"We've already had all the third downs" unless Vaccines aren't third down which is my whole point :P

On Sunday that's where I think everyone has predicted him to play, yeah.

What I'm saying is we had all the third downs on the poster that Brockhampton shared with The Vaccines on it. Make a lineup out of that lot and you'll see as much. So Don Broco don't actually fit into the top three of the line up as it was. I imagine the change is due to scheduling of another festival overseas that The Vaccines are doing; either that or they've left the lineup all together.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

On Sunday that's where I think everyone has predicted him to play, yeah.

What I'm saying is we had all the third downs on the poster that Brockhampton shared with The Vaccines on it. Make a lineup out of that lot and you'll see as much. So Don Broco don't actually fit into the top three of the line up as it was. I imagine the change is due to scheduling of another festival overseas that The Vaccines are doing; either that or they've left the lineup all together.

I had Vaccines 4th down on it with that just in place of where Wombats are (with Wombats 4th down main on the Friday)

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I had Vaccines 4th down on it with that just in place of where Wombats are (with Wombats 4th down main on the Friday)

You said 12 hours ago that they wouldn't drop to 4th? And would Post be 5th down then?

I've said all I can say on that prediction, it and I think you get what I mean now. Things will probably become clearer for us when festivals over Reading weekend get announced.

Edited by dentalplan

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You said 12 hours ago that they wouldn't drop to 4th? And would Post be 5th down then?

I've said all I can say on that prediction, it and I think you get what I mean now. Things will probably become clearer for us when festivals over Reading weekend get announced.

Hmmmm... now things aren't quite adding up fml lol

Don Broco have a big fanbase but they're not really known outside of their specific scene, so it's hard to place them. Personally I see them as a fourth down because they'll get a decent crowd but once you hit the top three places that's when you start to see the bands with mainstream appeal, which Don Broco don't really have. I mean they don't have any crossover hits and unless you're into that type of rock music and those bands you're probably not going to have heard of them. Fourth seems more fair (or actually I'd give them third on a co-headliner day so they've got a prestigious spot but are essentially a place lower)but they'd likely want more as their tour sold well and tbh this year is so weak it wouldn't be so bad having them third down.

21 hours ago, VCK said:

Never got The Courteeners, never will. Can't help but feel that the fact they're from Manchester has helped boost their popularity because of the music press's hard on for that city, despite Oasis being the last genuinely great band to emerge from there, which was nearly 25 years ago now.

20 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Having seen Courteeners both up north and down south, they're twice as popular up north. They'd be a reasonable sub at Leeds for sure, but I don't quite feel they'd go down as well as Skepta in the sub slot at Reading. 

I think Courteeners & Skepta co-headlining would have been a better option. Courteeners closing Leeds & Skepta at Reading as the two are clearly more popular in different parts of the country.

I'd didn't think that much of The Courteeners at Leeds (I got dragged along) but the crowd was pretty barmy for them which made up for me not knowing many songs. I don't think they are as good as The Vaccines live.

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG