Lineup 2018

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Having seen footage of Courteeners live it looks like an average indie band playing average songs and a load of teenagers going mental in the crowd.

Saw them at Echo Arena a few years back and you're spot on. Never have I ever seen more embarrassing mosh pits than that night. The whole crowd seemed disinterested until a song of st Jude came on and then obviously everybody loses their minds when 'not 19 forever' plays. Their light show wasn't impressive at all but I don't know if they've changed it since.

Can honestly say it's one of the worst gigs i've ever been to.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

36 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Having seen footage of Courteeners live it looks like an average indie band playing average songs and a load of teenagers going mental in the crowd.

Everything Courteeners have released since St Jude has been predominately average bar a couple of songs. I used to really over rate them based on their gigs but I've sort of seen the light on them now. If it wasn't for flares and smoke bombs they'd be nothing more than FR headliners 

37 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

He subbed it last year iirc (or maybe 3rd down). Just would have expected him to move to the NME...

I've tried filling in all the gaps for the top 2 stages too by basically trying to mould my old prediction around it

fullprediction2018filled.png

I’d have to get a day ticket for that FOB day. Creeper > Marmozets > Twin Atlantic > Don Broco > Post Malone > Underøath would be a great run and worth £70 for me. 

2 hours ago, Bacuna Matata said:

OK personally I feel that the next announcement has to include a bit more rock/punk/metal considering the amount of grime there is already. The amount of grime may be due to them adding more acts to the 1xtra stage tho. Artist wise I would say Catfish and the Bottlemen or Royal Blood as a sub on Sunday/Friday. Then some smaller bands like the Amazons, Sundara Karma, Cabbage. I don't care who just want a biggish rock act and some smaller bands who I can see when there's trash on the Main Stage.

Stop fucking talking 

• Downvote 3

46 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Saw them at Echo Arena a few years back and you're spot on. Never have I ever seen more embarrassing mosh pits than that night. The whole crowd seemed disinterested until a song of st Jude came on and then obviously everybody loses their minds when 'not 19 forever' plays. Their light show wasn't impressive at all but I don't know if they've changed it since.

Can honestly say it's one of the worst gigs i've ever been to.

Luckily when I saw them at r+l 2016 I was just around other rhcp fans who just wanted a good place in crowd. They literally came on, played and walked off. Crowd were awful. They didn't even acknowledge the crowd hardly.  Most boring artists ever.

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Are fall out boy really big enough to Headline!? and why are panic in the disco co headlining with arguably the biggest act there!? (sorry if this has been discussed already (missed a few pages)) xXx

You may have missed a few pages but you managed to sum them up in one quote

• Upvote 1

Never got The Courteeners, never will. Can't help but feel that the fact they're from Manchester has helped boost their popularity because of the music press's hard on for that city, despite Oasis being the last genuinely great band to emerge from there, which was nearly 25 years ago now.

• Upvote 1

Having seen Courteeners both up north and down south, they're twice as popular up north. They'd be a reasonable sub at Leeds for sure, but I don't quite feel they'd go down as well as Skepta in the sub slot at Reading. 

Would love to see Magic Gang pushed upto main stage and reckon they will off the back of their album. 

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

He subbed it last year iirc (or maybe 3rd down). Just would have expected him to move to the NME...

I've tried filling in all the gaps for the top 2 stages too by basically trying to mould my old prediction around it

fullprediction2018filled.png

I spoke to Bad Sounds a few days ago after a show and they said they aren’t playing this year

31 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

If anyone had to co headline with Kendrick it should've been skepta, the day would’ve probably sold out by now if they did it 

It would not have sold out by now. There won't be an act to sell out a day faster that Eminem can. The speed of his Twickenham dates sellout was crazy.

I'd be really interested to know how ticket sales have gone since the announcement. I can only see it being terrible with the exception of Kendrick day tickets maybe - that said, you can still get tickets now for his Wembley gig on Tuesday.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the FR offices :blink:

Edited by Capes

49 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Afraid that's all I know. Have a friend who works for FR but all I was told was the headliners and some of the nme stage but can't remember most of it now. Pretty sure the Friday was nbt then wolf Alice and skepta was defo penciled in as NME but was also told chvrches which doesn't look like it's happening unless it's been held back. 

You know as much as me now!

Fair enough pal, cheers. Would be cool if Chvrches could still make it but wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up being Sum-41 now, seeing as they didn’t show on any other info iirc.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sum 41 headlining the NME? Surely not...

They're pretty high on that poster and I think it's either that or 4th down so doesn't seem that much of a stretch. If Post is a sub now then it goes headliner-sub-NME for Friday and Sunday and, if you count Lipa as a sub after Panic, then that's where Sum 41 would fall. If the NME headliner isn't TBA then I think they're the only option on there.