Lineup 2018

43 minutes ago, Bacuna Matata said:

Nothing But Thieves are good.

I like them on record but wasn't that keen when I saw them live. Thought it was a bit lifeless tbh but could've just been an off day.

30 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Courteeners are one of the reasons it's so shite.

They're class live, one of the best live bands around and they sell out huge venues every year so no reason why they shouldn't get those big slots. They've definitely put the time in and they're sound people too! Even if you don't like them, you'll surely admit it's better having them than whatever shite rap music is "flavour of the month", i.e. post Malone, lil pump, j hus etc. Courteeners are a typical R&L band at least.

---

The weirdest thing for me is making Panic! At The Disco co-headliners. Not only is it completely undeserved, it's just a bit pointless in my eyes. It's not like they need help selling the Kendrick tickets surely? Based on the headliners alone I'd expect his day to sell best. If they were going to have Panic in such a high slot why not have them co or sub with FOB? Would make more sense for the audience and that day really needs as much help as it can get.

• Upvote 1

Just put this together and makes you wonder how they are trying to sell the festival to anyone other than a rap fanbase.

Rap/R&B – 23

Post Malone, Mist, IAMDDB, Lil Pump, Belly, Fredo, Kojo Funds, Ms Banks, Kendrick Lamar, Brockhampton, Wretch 32, Yungen, Playboi Carti, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Nothing Nowhere, Skepta, J Hus, AJ Tracey, Mr Eazi, Ski Mask The Slump God, Nadia Rose, $uicideboy$, Ghetts.

Indie and Alternative – 9

Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Dream Wife, The Magic Gang, Pale Waves, Kings Of Leon, Courteeners, The Wombats, Hinds.

Dance and Electronic – 8

Annie Mac, The Blaze, Bicep, Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii, Diplo, Hannah Wants, My Nu Leng, The Magician, Riton & Kah-lo.

Rock and Metal –5

Underoath, Creeper, Papa Roach, Beartooth, Hollywood Undead.

Pop Punk and Emo – 4

Fall Out Boy, Waterparks, Panic At The Disco, Sum 41.

Pop – 3

Dua Lipa, Sigrid, Tom Grennan.

Acoustic – 1

Hudson Taylor.

6 minutes ago, thelemon said:

They're class live, one of the best live bands around and they sell out huge venues every year so no reason why they shouldn't get those big slots. They've definitely put the time in and they're sound people too! Even if you don't like them, you'll surely admit it's better having them than whatever shite rap music is "flavour of the month", i.e. post Malone, lil pump, j hus etc. Courteeners are a typical R&L band at least.

They sell out huge venues in Manchester every year.

Courteeners were flavour of the month for a about a year and they’ve been trading off it ever since. 

They stink up festival every couple of years without doing anything to warrant climbing higher and higher each time. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They sell out huge venues in Manchester every year.

Courteeners were flavour of the month for a about a year and they’ve been trading off it ever since. 

They stink up festival every couple of years without doing anything to warrant climbing higher and higher each time. 

Not a fan of proper music are you lad? 

11 minutes ago, thelemon said:

The weirdest thing for me is making Panic! At The Disco co-headliners. Not only is it completely undeserved, it's just a bit pointless in my eyes. It's not like they need help selling the Kendrick tickets surely? Based on the headliners alone I'd expect his day to sell best. If they were going to have Panic in such a high slot why not have them co or sub with FOB? Would make more sense for the audience and that day really needs as much help as it can get.

True last time FOB played they co-headlined with Biffy. if anything they should co-headline again coz their album has not been very successful, has it?? Also, if you look at the artists that are they're already, Kendrick is obviously gonna be the standout headliner for many, so why are Panic co with him.

12 minutes ago, thelemon said:

---

Are they actually one of the best live bands around or do they just create a good atmosphere because of the type of act they are? I've never seen them but I've seen footage of them live and it doesn't look any better than your standard indie band live.

And no I don't really agree with that. I know one J Hus song and it's better than any Courteeners song I've ever heard (and I've heard a lot of Courteeners songs, I was a fan when I was a kid), and he's an extremely popular up and coming act from a genre that's in a great place at the moment and is What R&L's demographic are into at the moment. Courteeners are booked every other year and are pretty much only getting the slots they get because of one song from over a decade ago and the fact they're big in Manchester where everyone loves every band from Manchester.

I agree on the PATD stuff, but I'm pretty sure they're where they are because they were initially booked to headline the 2nd main stage on that day and either couldn't be moved or FR didn't want to move them to another day and disrupt everything.

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Tbf, if you pigeon-holed rap/r&b into sub genres like you had the others it would look different. 

Alternatively it could have just been split guitars 19/53, not guitars 34/53.  Not sure that's any more or less useful.

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Guys..... I've figured it out 

2010, 2014 - blink (4 year rule) 

2013, 2016 - Biffy (3 year rule) 

2015, 2018 - FoB (2 year rule) 

2019, 2020 - The 1975 (1 year rule?!?!?!?!?!) 

oh shit

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I agree on the PATD stuff, but I'm pretty sure they're where they are because they were initially booked to headline the 2nd main stage on that day and either couldn't be moved or FR didn't want to move them to another day and disrupt everything.

This has come up a few times and I'm still not convinced - even if they were setting up this two stage approach (and we only had one suggestion they were, and it grew from that) the 2nd stage 'headliner' was still only really a sub overall, ie the second highest billed act of that day, and then it's up to the festival whether they put them on a single main stage before the headliner, or on another stage 100 yards along, but they'll pay them the same with a similar set length either way.  There aren't any other clues in the line up to suggest that the two stage thing was partly booked and then abandoned, it's not exactly stacked.

8 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Guys..... I've figured it out 

2010, 2014 - blink (4 year rule) 

2013, 2016 - Biffy (3 year rule) 

2015, 2018 - FoB (2 year rule) 

2019, 2020 - The 1975 (1 year rule?!?!?!?!?!) 

2021 - The Hunna, twice at each site, 0 year rule.