Lineup 2018

5 minutes ago, Bacuna Matata said:

Yeah I heard about that. I don't want Joe to leave, I met them at Reading last year and was a genuinely nice guy. I cant wait for any new material, I'm just worried that it wont be as good as the first album and they go off the radar a bit. Love to see them headline R+L in years to come coz they definitely can.

From what Tom's been saying about the record it sounds pretty promising, but he's obviously gonna hype it up as much as. I quite liked the song they did with Chase and Status although I know it wasn't that popular. I think it's promising though as if you took away the electronic element and made it into a proper rock track I reckon it would've gone down very well. They are brilliant live though, so I'll still go and see them regardless of how good the second album is. Thinking of going tramlines as they're there and the rest of the lineup is decent and cheap. Especially since Leeds is looking pretty bad. It's a shame because there's a few bands here I want to see but so much shite there's no way I can justify the cost.

4 minutes ago, thelemon said:

From what Tom's been saying about the record it sounds pretty promising, but he's obviously gonna hype it up as much as. I quite liked the song they did with Chase and Status although I know it wasn't that popular. I think it's promising though as if you took away the electronic element and made it into a proper rock track I reckon it would've gone down very well. They are brilliant live though, so I'll still go and see them regardless of how good the second album is. Thinking of going tramlines as they're there and the rest of the lineup is decent and cheap. Especially since Leeds is looking pretty bad. It's a shame because there's a few bands here I want to see but so much shite there's no way I can justify the cost.

I wouldn't go Leeds looking at the line up atm. Tbh I doubt anyone would:lol:

Yeah Bearded Theory was a weird one tbf, but I wouldn't read to much into it. They play loads of show wherever they can so it's also not that surprising. Looking through the lineup it's bizarrely good. You've got the likes of Jesus and Mary Chain and The Coral, but then you've got Robert Plant as a headliner. Definitely wasn't expecting to see Anthrax third down on what seems to be the fifth stage!

1 hour ago, rfc_478 said:

Its bloody Fall Out Boy! They are a weak headliner at best and the fact that they played 2 years ago makes their booking worse. If that lineup lost FOB and replaced them with Florence or Royal Blood (or a co-headline of both) it would look so much more acceptable, in my opinion. That’s what’s annoyed me the most, there’s two acts there that are seemingly available and have both risen up the lineup over the years. Both could have been given that leg up by RnL this year. Yet despite that opportunity we’re stuck with FOB! 

One of the common themes in all of this is that the accepted 'rules' are all out of the window from now on - we've had co/headliner returning after 2 years, band rising from 5th (?) to co-headline, acts placed in high slots before releasing an album - and some other myths have been busted, like that FR like pushing British acts up the line up to headline.  It really does look like they were desperate.

5 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Yeah thats what i thought when i saw it. Maybe his UK exclusive but not festival exclusive. So basically, R&L got him as well. 

Wtf does this mean? UK exclusive (without the word "festival" included) means literally the only show they're playing. It's more exclusive than festival exclusive is. It doesn't mean it's their only gig apart from festivals.

Plus Wireless is a festival. How can they claim "this is his only non-festival show" when it's a festival?

5 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

when's the next announcement as they probably will try make it a lot better than that as tickets won't sell out at this rate?? and I've already bought my ticket so wanna know if the acts will be better I mean we still got a high slots left 

For R+L probably next month.

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Christ if Kaiser Chiefs are what people are hoping for I dread to think how it'll end up.

But no, they won't play.

I ain't hoping for Kaiser Chiefs, but I would like to see them , I want a sudden Foo Fighters appearance and some Royal Blood on the Main Stage. Oh, and no P!ATD headline slot as well.

1 minute ago, Bacuna Matata said:

A logical thing for FR to do is move P!ATD to third or fourth on the main and put FOB as a co-headline with Kendrick. That way a bigger headliner can come in and take the Friday or Sunday slot (move KOL to Friday if its Foo Fighters, AM or the Killers).

:lol:

Yeah, that'll happen. FR will tell the headliners they've booked that actually, "you're a bit shit, so we're replacing you".

Just now, eFestivals said:

:lol:

Yeah, that'll happen. FR will tell the headliners they've booked that actually, "you're a bit shit, so we're replacing you".

I meant before the announcement. And yeah P!ATD, a band who played lower than All Time Low, Royal Blood, Bastille in 2015, are co-headlining with an artist who they played three slots under last time. It just seems desperate with the amount of other good, better and bigger bands out there atm.