Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Plussix said:

Not important in the slightest, but I'm pretty certain this will be the first year where none of the headliners released an album in the 20th century.

I thought that was interesting.

That’s a cool stat. Amazing how stale it looks when you think about them all being products of the 21st century.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s a cool stat. Amazing how stale it looks when you think about them all being products of the 21st century.

Yeah it is interesting, although obviously it was an inevitability that it would happen eventually. When you look at lineups 10 years ago there were years where all the headliners had only released albums from 1990s onwards (2001 was Travis, Manic Street Preachers, Eminem, 2004 was The Darkness, The White Stripes, Green Day, 2006 was Franz Ferdinand, Muse & Pearl Jam, 2009 was AM, KoL, Radiohead).

Would have been fine booking all 21st century headliners if they were actually interesting.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, simultaneously the most recent and most dated headliner set.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What's interesting imo and shows how stale the headliners are is that in the last two years the only new headliners for the festival have been Kendrick & Panic. Not great is it.

2017 was an anomaly though, every other year since 2006 has had at least one new headliner. Plus I think Kendrick's great enough to undo the mediocrity of Panic's booking.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah it is interesting, although obviously it was an inevitability that it would happen eventually. When you look at lineups 10 years ago there were years where all the headliners had only released albums from 1990s onwards (2001 was Travis, Manic Street Preachers, Eminem, 2004 was The Darkness, The White Stripes, Green Day, 2006 was Franz Ferdinand, Muse & Pearl Jam, 2009 was AM, KoL, Radiohead).

Would have been fine booking all 21st century headliners if they were actually interesting.

Yeah, while I'm sure it still would have disappointed a lot of people, I think a trio of Royal Blood/Kendrick/Florence would have been really good.

1 minute ago, Plussix said:

Yeah, while I'm sure it still would have disappointed a lot of people, I think a trio of Royal Blood/Kendrick/Florence would have been really good.

Yeah perhaps I'm naïve and not being very objective, but I'm sure that trio would have sold just as well/had less complaints than the headliners we've got. Even a mix of the two would have been better - RB/Kendrick/KoL or FOB/Kendrick/Florence.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah perhaps I'm naïve and not being very objective, but I'm sure that trio would have sold just as well/had less complaints than the headliners we've got. Even a mix of the two would have been better - RB/Kendrick/KoL or FOB/Kendrick/Florence.

Yeah I think any complaints towards Royal Blood / Florence would be based on taste rather than the actual issues of Fall out Boy coming back after 2 years (and my being headliner worthy) and Kings of Leon being somewhat irrelevant 

With the lineup being as poor as it is resulting in me definitely not wanting to attend for the whole weekend, I’ve just booked to go to the final Warped Tour in New York in July :D

I might get a day ticket closer to the time if they’re going cheap. 

Edited by Andre91

Just now, Chris Vincent said:

For me, a smart move for the festival would have been to scrap fall out boy and give someone like TøP a chance at headlining were class in 2016 when the subbed NME 

I was really surprised ToP didn't get a call up this year (still have time). They smashed it in 16 and were way to big for an NME sub.. Boy, even a ToP/Fall out boy co headline would have looked strong.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Is it just me or are Pale Waves really, really bland? Can't believe they're getting such good slots everywhere.

It’s like when S Club 7 introduced S Club Juniors. I’m reserving judgement until they have more music out but it just seems like a lame off-season substitute for The 1975 and they’re being lapped up cos, well, The 1975 are massive.

38 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I don't think I've ever heard Lost Village be referred to as a rock festival...

I've never been lol I just have heard good things about it and now Everything Everything and Friendly Fires are headlining it this year so assumed

Edited by Mattymooz

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s like when S Club 7 introduced S Club Juniors.

:lol: amazing.

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m reserving judgement until they have more music out but it just seems like a lame off-season substitute for The 1975 and they’re being lapped up cos, well, The 1975 are massive.

Yeah it's weird, even though I don't really like The 1975, at least on their second album they changed things up a bit and experimented with other genres and went a bit political, Pale Waves just sound like those early 1975 singles and people seem to be lapping it up.