Lineup 2018

21 minutes ago, Jakari said:

Whats going wrong then? Doesn't Reading sell out every year and Leeds close behind?

I believe this is FR trying to save a few quid on a year where there are a lot of glasto goers looking for a festival to try out.

The lineup being nearly 50% grime/rap also indicates what type of crowds we're going to get and thats been something i've been complaining about for years when the lineups were filled with less grime.. I can't imagine this year will look or feel like the usual reading/leeds we're used to.

Leeds never sells out. Last year Reading sold out very late (sometime in August) and I imagine it may not do this year.

And if you think this lineup appeals to a glasto goer at all I think you're very wrong

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

And if you think this lineup appeals to a glasto goer at all I think you're very wrong

It's more based on the thousands of people who will be looking for a different festival this year round and reading is the next 'big' festival they can go to.

4 minutes ago, Jakari said:

It's more based on the thousands of people who will be looking for a different festival this year round and reading is the next 'big' festival they can go to.

I think Glasto goers would be lookijg at APE or BST over this....

I dont think Glasto goers go for the size of glasto, i think they go for the atmosphere and good acts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Reading the replies on twitter every time The festival tweet something is incredible, how have they fucked this up so bad? 

I keep coming back to this too - how they've managed to piss people off in so many ways, and how the announcements have been handled.  They could probably have built a decent 8-name first announcement out of that lot which would have had a lot of positives - Kendrick Lamar being confirmed, Wolf Alice being given a high slot, plenty of up and coming names - but to throw it all out there, flooded with rap/grime/pop and with the rock element mainly bands ten years past their peak, gives a really bad impression of where the festival is heading.  I still think (hope) it will get more balanced out but the damage will have been done for a lot of potential punters.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Gazza shut up you freak he wasn't even saying the acts were justified (which they were), he was saying it was justifiable to call it a co-headline because Disclosure weren't just a glorified sub.

Honestly it's like you're like a 10 year old and the girl you fancy is dating Yannis with how tragic your hatred for them is.

I'd say the same about Kanye but that's just because you're racist.

Justifiable is what I said you idiot.

I don't hate Foals lol.

I'm racist.....It's laughable that's true, my black friends would say different. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't hate Foals lol.

I'm racist.....It's laughable that's true, my black friends would say different. 

Ah yes, the classic “I’m not racist, I have black friends” always works out well 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I never said it was. I still think the average glasto goer would rather just go for The Cure at BST or whatever act instead of suffering through R&L

They would in terms of acts but I think many will be looking for the multi-day/camping option to deliver on that 'going away' need rather than a day out - R&L would be the first to look at for many due to its size and history and attracting big names/great acts. Personally, I was keeping an eye on Reading for a day ticket and it hasn't even delivered on that. I reckon a lot of Glastonbury-goers will be looking at the plethora of great festivals abroad (inc great line-ups) and the smaller UK ones rather than R&L or BST 

18 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

They would in terms of acts but I think many will be looking for the multi-day/camping option to deliver on that 'going away' need rather than a day out - R&L would be the first to look at for many due to its size and history and attracting big names/great acts. Personally, I was keeping an eye on Reading for a day ticket and it hasn't even delivered on that. I reckon a lot of Glastonbury-goers will be looking at the plethora of great festivals abroad (inc great line-ups) and the smaller UK ones rather than R&L or BST 

Precisely, if they are looking for the camping experience they will either try mad cool or just go fucking camping for a tenth of the price.

Reading, especially with this lineup, aint attracting any glasto peeps

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't hate Foals lol.

Wtf are you on about?

He said claiming Kendrick/Panic and Biffy/FOB as co-headlines isn't justifiable because they weren't actually co-headlining, it's just a glorified sub slot, whereas The Strokes/Pulp, QOTSA/Paramore and Foals/Disclosure were justifiable because the acts actually co-headlined (ie. they each headliner a site). You then replied saying Foals/Disclosure wasn't justifiable and Reading got their pants pulled down by Glasto (presumably you mean because they weren't big enough as shown by their placings at Glasto). That's irrelevant to what he was saying because he wasn't talking about the size of acts or how deserving they were of headlining.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Travis Scott thing is weird. If he still gets announced for that day and if there are a couple of other names I like added I could see myself getting a day ticket for the Saturday at Leeds. 

Creeper, Post Malone, Travis Scott and Ubderøath probably headlining the Pit would be decent. 

This whole line up is confusing, personally not many acts appeal to me but they way they are laid out is strange. Understand that some acts can only do certain days but still. I have not replaced any acts just moved a couple around to make it a smoother line up, I know you need different genres on the same day for each tent but...

image.thumb.png.0f2ce6fbc4489b2e31ee3516c152df3a.png

Saw FOB in 2016 and they put on a good show however they felt like a sub leading to Biffy. PATD! again was decent in 2015 but not in the same league as Kendrick. FOB and PATD! together could work as Co headliners and bounce well of each other. Wolf Alice could then be sub, which judging by their secret set could pull it off easily.

Kendrick Lamar should be headliner in his own right. Was amazing in 2015 and outshone The Libertines, with one of the best performances I have seen at a festival.

Courteeners has a dedicated following and some people would dream to see them headline. I think they would get a better reaction then KOL have and with them doing Coheadline could switch them up with Courteeners heading at Leeds.

Either way Download Paris has the best line up for me...

• Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

This whole line up is confusing, personally not many acts appeal to me but they way they are laid out is strange. Understand that some acts can only do certain days but still. I have not replaced any acts just moved a couple around to make it a smoother line up, I know you need different genres on the same day for each tent but...

image.thumb.png.0f2ce6fbc4489b2e31ee3516c152df3a.png

Saw FOB in 2016 and they put on a good show however they felt like a sub leading to Biffy. PATD! again was decent in 2015 but not in the same league as Kendrick. FOB and PATD! together could work as Co headliners and bounce well of each other. Wolf Alice could then be sub, which judging by their secret set could pull it off easily.

Kendrick Lamar should be headliner in his own right. Was amazing in 2015 and outshone The Libertines, with one of the best performances I have seen at a festival.

Courteeners has a dedicated following and some people would dream to see them headline. I think they would get a better reaction then KOL have and with them doing Coheadline could switch them up with Courteeners heading at Leeds.

Either way Download Paris has the best line up for me...

Don’t even think Courteeners deserve to be subbing. But i think the poster looks better now you’ve switched Post Malone and PATD

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mrbob333 said:

Really wanted to go Reading this year but line up in trash can anybody recommend me festival to go to because got nothing to do in the summer now 

If you want fests on the same weekend there is:

• Creamfields (EDM, Cheshire) - Chainsmokers + 2 more TBA

• SW4 (EDM, London) - Chase & Status, Marshmello

• Lost Village (rock, Lincolnshire) - Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Four Tet

• Victorious (various, Portsmouth) - The Libertines, The Prodigy, Paul Weller (from The Jam)

If you want other dates, here are my reccomendations:

• Mad Cool (rock, Madrid, Spain) - 12th to 14th Jul - Pearl Jam, Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Despeche Mode, Queens Of The Stone Age

• APE (alternative, London) - 25th to 27th May - The XX, Bjork, LCD Soundsystem

• Parklife (urban, Manchester) - 9th to 10th June - The XX, Liam Gallagher, Skepta, NER*D

• Community (rock, London) - 1st july - Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines, YM@6

• Download (metal, Leicestershire) - 8th to 10th June - Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N Roses

• Boomtown Fair (various, Winchester) - 9th to 12th August - Gorillaz, Limp Bizkit, Die Antwoord

• Lovebox (rap, London) - 13th to 14th June - Childish Gambino, Skepta, NER*D, SZA

• 2000 Trees (rock, Gloucetershire) - 12th to 14th July - Enter Shikari, At The Drive In + 2 more TBA

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chris Vincent said:

Realistically, what is the biggest name we could get in the next announcement?

Seems like the NME headliner is missing for the Kendrick day, think Chvrches or The Vaccines seem to be the most likely for that. I'm sure Don Broco will be there too and they're yet to be announced.

Edit - also Travis Scott is still to be announced if he didn't drop out. If he did, they may have someone to replace him.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn