Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I’d be pretty sure that The Vaccines are still there. Just the matter of which day is the confusing part. They have an album to look forward to, a tour to sell out and are announced already for two other FR festivals as well so there’s ample reason to hold them back.

No idea what’s up with Travis Scott but I saw the suggestion he pulled out because he became a father again earlier and that is ridiculous. If he has, it’s more likely to do with the VMA’s or something.

Yeah the interesting thing about that poster from Mr. BROCKHAMPTON is that I was thinking the obvious remaining spot for them was NME headliner vs Kendrick, but it seems as though that wasn't the case initially.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah the interesting thing about that poster from Mr. BROCKHAMPTON is that I was thinking the obvious remaining spot for them was NME headliner vs Kendrick, but it seems as though that wasn't the case initially.

Yeah I’d guess that the POSTER shared by MERLYN from the popular BOYBAND BROCKHAMPTON suggests that when THE VACCINES end up on the LINE UP they’ll be on FRIDAY or SUNDAY. LEAVING chvrches TO still headline THE nme STAGE.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I’d guess that the POSTER shared by MERLYN from the popular BOYBAND BROCKHAMPTON suggests that when THE VACCINES end up on the LINE UP they’ll be on FRIDAY or SUNDAY. LEAVING chvrches TO still headline THE nme STAGE.

Please can you capitalise bands and stages that should be capitalised in future?

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Please can you capitalise bands and stages that should be capitalised in future?

What about boybands and boyband related terms?

1 minute ago, pepesilvia said:

i still don’t believe travis has cancelled personally for what it’s worth 

No me neither. He’s getting paid more for R+L than anything else in Europe this summer I’m sure. If acts can pick and choose, they usually cancel everything else and play R+L. Couldn’t even speculate as to why he wasn’t announced the other day.

2 hours ago, WFD said:

Late to this discussion I know, but is this suggesting Annie Mac isn't a dance stage headliner?  Or is the poster so much of a thrown together mess that we can't even read that into it?

Yeah I’m late to this discussion too but are people thinking Annie Mac closing set now? I could see that.

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

In which case there is no room for CHVRCHES....

Literally the only thing we’ve heard about Chvrches is that they’re headlining the NME stage. Friday, the day Travis was pencilled in for, we know the NME headliner that day.

Just looking through the sites, found something interesting, and I wouldn't read too much into it. But if you put in:

https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/main-stage

It takes you to a 404 page with no holding image.

If you put any other gibberish in it takes you to the 404 page with a holding image in the background.

This also true for:

https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/bbc-radio-1-stage

https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/bbc-radio-1xtra-stage

https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/bbc-music-introducing-stage

https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/festival-republic-stage

https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/relentless-stage

However I can't find this type of holding type page for the dance or pit/lockup though I may not be trying the right combo.

I'm wondering if they may be changing up the stages. Although it's likely to be nothing. 

I've also tried /second-stage/ /main-stage-2/ etc out of curiosity but no joy.

Edited by kev1664
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I’m late to this discussion too but are people thinking Annie Mac closing set now? I could see that.

Literally the only thing we’ve heard about Chvrches is that they’re headlining the NME stage. Friday, the day Travis was pencilled in for, we know the NME headliner that day.

But if we already have Vaccines playing too I don't see how they can fit everyone in. It seems like they have too many subs/3rds/NME headlines in that case (Travis, Skepta, Courteeners, Wombats, Post Malone, Wolf Alice, The Vaccines, J Hus, Dua Lipa, Diplo + then potentially CHVRCHES and The Hunna)

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

But if we already have Vaccines playing too I don't see how they can fit everyone in. It seems like they have too many subs/3rds/NME headlines in that case (Travis, Skepta, Courteeners, Wombats, Post Malone, Wolf Alice, The Vaccines, J Hus, Dua Lipa, Diplo + then potentially CHVRCHES and The Hunna)

Don’t know really but they looked to have fit it all in at one point without adding more acts so I don’t know what would have changed that. There’s a glaring opening for Chvrches to headline NME on Saturday so that’s what I’m anticipating.

“Reading and Leeds prides itself on being a music-first festival and this year’s line-up already proves that,” said Festival Republic boss Melvin Benn. “Kings of Leon and Fall Out Boy are bands that have grown with the festival and its fans and we couldn’t be more pleased to invite them back to headline.

“Adding Panic! at the Disco and Kendrick Lamar, probably the most sought-after act in the world right now, we think Reading and Leeds Festivals 2018 are off to an amazing start – with even more to come, so watch this space.”
Really Melvin? 

1 minute ago, Capes said:

“Reading and Leeds prides itself on being a music-first festival and this year’s line-up already proves that,” said Festival Republic boss Melvin Benn. “Kings of Leon and Fall Out Boy are bands that have grown with the festival and its fans and we couldn’t be more pleased to invite them back to headline.

“Adding Panic! at the Disco and Kendrick Lamar, probably the most sought-after act in the world right now, we think Reading and Leeds Festivals 2018 are off to an amazing start – with even more to come, so watch this space.”
Really Melvin? 

I don't think he consulted any fans before making that wild claim. It's more a case now of we've all seen them and would like something new! 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Childish Gambino would be just as daft. It’ll be J Hus surely.

True, feel he'd appeal slightly less to Skepta's audience if 'Awaken, My Love' is anything to go by. Just feel J Hus isn't big enough to headline it but that's probably just me not having too much knowledge of grime outside of the big artists. 

3 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

True, feel he'd appeal slightly less to Skepta's audience if 'Awaken, My Love' is anything to go by. Just feel J Hus isn't big enough to headline it but that's probably just me not having too much knowledge of grime outside of the big artists. 

J Hus has had a decent year, I don't think he should headline NME, but looking at the other acts it seems the most sensible and it wouldn't surprise me if FR pushed him. Maybe Diplo could though, seeing as Hannah Wants self confirmed headlining Dance tent 

Edit: Gambino would be a dafter placement to headline as he rarely plays UK, he'd gather a very large crowd imo

Edited by Lukie74

15 minutes ago, Capes said:

Really Melvin? 

He's not gonna say 'yeah it looks shit, please don't come' is he