Lineup 2018

Just to compare his is what we had by the 3rd announcement in 2016 (2017 had double the amount of acts released by now so was way innacurate)

2016missin.png

EDIT: Also worth mentioning people like Haim, G Eazy, Travis Scott etc. who were all announced by now but had bailed by the time this poster came out

Edited by Mattymooz

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just to compare his is what we had by the 3rd announcement in 2016 (2017 had double the amount of acts released by now so was way innacurate)

2016missin.png

EDIT: Also worth mentioning people like Haim, G Eazy, Travis Scott etc. who were all announced by now but had bailed by the time this poster came out

Bands I like and would go out of my way to see from the third announcement:

2016: Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes, Creeper, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Slaves, Parkway Drive, Skindred, Biffy Clyro, Five Finger Death Punch, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Modern Baseball.

2018: Creeper

And I thought 2016 was shite at the time.

Edited by Steve1000

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Think there's still a decent chance they'll be included in a later announcement.

They haven't announced any European shows yet - just a handful of West Coast USA warm ups. I'm guessing they are going to announce an album in the next couple of months, and hopefully we'll see some UK dates inc R&L following that.

3 hours ago, moams said:

Are we still thinking Don Broco will be there? Saw them last night great gig some great songs on their new album. Also worth a mention Man with a mission who supported them from Japan were good as well bit weird the all wear wolf masks but good nonetheless

Yeah they are very likely, wouldn't be surprised to see MWAM in the Pit as well.

I think for anyone who normally attends out of routine should probably try looking further afield. I did 9 years in a row up until 2012 but the European festivals offer much better value for money than Leeds Reading these days, better lineups, cheaper and better weather.

7 minutes ago, Eternal sunshine said:

If anyone thought there will be more headliners to come due to the two stage rumour it turned out to be not true,I just emailed FR.3A973589-9B1F-44FD-9E85-6EBA26799883.thumb.jpeg.5cebebaf06522ad0703816f3fd8a9319.jpeg

That puts to bed any rumours then.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Foo's do a secret set this year, similar to Queens.

Just hope there aren't any bands on the bill called The FF'ers, don't want to cause the same confusion as last time... 

FYI 

27 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

MERLYN from brockhampton posted this on insta, earlier version of the poster with the vaccines on it

E3FA40C5-BB4B-40AA-B143-FDEF47264258.jpeg

Would guess that the running order in this case would be something like:

Fall Out Boy / Travis Scott / The Wombats / Post Malone

Wolf Alice

Kendrick Lamar / Panic! at the Disco / Dua Lipa

??? (CHVRCHES?)

Kings of Leon / Courteeners / The Vaccines / J Hus

Skepta / Diplo

Quite hilarious if there have been several acts pull out before even the first announcement and they've had to shove Post Malone up from 4th down to sub.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dukey said:

That puts to bed any rumours then.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Foo's do a secret set this year, similar to Queens.

Just hope there aren't any bands on the bill called The FF'ers, don't want to cause the same confusion as last time... 

FYI 

QOTSA did it to promote their new album which was released that weekend. Foos have no reason to do so.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Would guess that the running order in this case would be something like:

Fall Out Boy / Travis Scott / The Wombats / Post Malone

Wolf Alice

Kendrick Lamar / Panic! at the Disco / Dua Lipa

??? (CHVRCHES?)

Kings of Leon / Courteeners / The Vaccines / J Hus

Skepta / Diplo

Quite hilarious if there have been several acts pull out before even the first announcement and they've had to shove Post Malone up from 4th down to sub.

I feel if that was the case and vaccines and travis pulled out they could've put Skepta in Travis' place and Wombats in Skepta's and bumping post to third 

8 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

I feel if that was the case and vaccines and travis pulled out they could've put Skepta in Travis' place and Wombats in Skepta's and bumping post to third 

Would make the most sense but I guess they can't just shift whoever they want to different days. Skepta might not have been able to do that day.

I’d be pretty sure that The Vaccines are still there. Just the matter of which day is the confusing part. They have an album to look forward to, a tour to sell out and are announced already for two other FR festivals as well so there’s ample reason to hold them back.

No idea what’s up with Travis Scott but I saw the suggestion he pulled out because he became a father again earlier and that is ridiculous. If he has, it’s more likely to do with the VMA’s or something.