Lineup 2018

Just now, Stuielooie said:

Has anyone photoshopped last years final poster and removed everyone that was announced in the third poster last year (the same as the first one this year) to see which acts/positions we got after the third announcement last year?

Liam as a sub was pretty much the only big artist we got (I think)

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Liam as a sub was pretty much the only big artist we got (I think)

We got Neck Deep (to memory, as I'm a fan) and quite a few other rock bands in a separate announcement too. They weren't placed very high, but they did headline the pit.

Edited by jamieaslee

Are we still thinking Don Broco will be there? Saw them last night great gig some great songs on their new album. Also worth a mention Man with a mission who supported them from Japan were good as well bit weird the all wear wolf masks but good nonetheless

19 minutes ago, moams said:

Are we still thinking Don Broco will be there? Saw them last night great gig some great songs on their new album. Also worth a mention Man with a mission who supported them from Japan were good as well bit weird the all wear wolf masks but good nonetheless

I thought Man With A Mission we’re absolute arse! 

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

I really think they've underestimated how many 16-24 y/o's listen to older music too. The Stone Roses gigs were a real mixture and I assume the Foo Fighters shows at the Etihad and Wembley will be the same in the Summer.

I'm in that category in terms of age range and a fan of both rap and 'older music'. Sort of seems like they've gone for quantity over quality in terms of rap acts and then done neither with metal/rock/indie. All I'm thinking is there must be more quality to come but judging by that poster I wouldn't put it past them to just announce the hunna as a 'revolutionary up and coming rock group' smh.

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

By doing that you're putting FOB in the same league as Foo, never going to happen unfortunately. This festival won't be rescued.

This would be a great point if Kendrick wasn't co-headlining with Panic at the Disco. Not that the suggestion will happen though, of course.

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

How do you steal an entire ATM with 30K in it in broad daylight? Just another one of TITP's mysteries...

I just googled that after you said and i'm baffled! How the fuck do you steal an ATM from a festival! Plus the report said a forklift could have been used, yeah you so not drawing attention to yourself like lol

9 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Serious question: how many tickets do you think Reading sold off of the back of that announcement yesterday? 500? 1000? I remember when I first started going in '08 and '09 they'd release the lineup and it would sell out in hours (90,000) 

I'm sure loads of rich GCSE/A Level kids will still end up with tickets, but the music fan or Glastonbury attendee looking for something different this year is not going buy in bulk.

11 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Serious question: how many tickets do you think Reading sold off of the back of that announcement yesterday? 500? 1000? I remember when I first started going in '08 and '09 they'd release the lineup and it would sell out in hours (90,000) 

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=bought my reading ticket&src=typd

Obviously holds no weight but just had a quick search through twitter, I count three looool

2 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

I really think they've underestimated how many 16-24 y/o's listen to older music too. The Stone Roses gigs were a real mixture and I assume the Foo Fighters shows at the Etihad and Wembley will be the same in the Summer.

Kendall Calling having managed to book RUN DMC, so it's not like there aren't any veteran hip hop acts around at the moment.

Lovebox have managed to book Childish Gambino, Anderson .Paak, SZA, Vince Staples, etc. Not only are RnL booking mainly hip hop, but they seem to be after the more generic gimmicky stuff you hear on the radio (BROCKHAMPTON and Kendrick aside).

When Mean Fidder was taken over back in 2005 it became more and more aimed towards a younger audience, but even when I was going they were still booking acts like The Cure, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Weezer, The National, Pulp, GNR, Cypress Hill etc. They've obviously decided that the only bands they should book are nostalgia acts for people born in the mid 90s onwards and new bands.

Even from a hip hop perspective, Run DMC, N.E.R.D and Childish Gambino would have been far more interesting bookings that were available.

14 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Eh surely the opposite? Last year all the dance stage headliners were on the second line, so this year there's been more announced already that they class as bigger than a dance stage headliner.

Late to this discussion I know, but is this suggesting Annie Mac isn't a dance stage headliner?  Or is the poster so much of a thrown together mess that we can't even read that into it?