Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Alternate said:

The worst part of T in the Park was the camping (crime, abuse & some deaths) other than that the lineup & arena was a lot like R/L. 

And arguably what killed it off was too much dance music attracted the wrong crowd and (ie Calvin Harris every couple of years) killed it off. I wonder if rap music will do the same to R&L.

Edited by danz026

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Pretty much this. Never been to R&L but I imagine it's just TITP with more middle class teenagers and less neds. 

I mean I was joking about the reply to my last post :P 

Just now, danz026 said:

And arguably what killed it off was too much dance music attracted the wrong crowd and (ie Calvin Harris every couple of years) killed it off. I wonder if rap music will do the same to R&L.

No chance 

2 hours ago, Breakfast club said:

I don't understand how they can say that indie fans can be happy when they release just the Wombats?  

20180213_191201.png

Reading this feels like the most genuinely insulting thing ever. How can you genuinely say the wombats and courteeners are pioneers in indie rock. This whole saga is becoming more and more baffling.

7 minutes ago, danz026 said:

You do raise an interesting point to be fair.

I started listening to rap music about a year ago and was instantly hooked, I couldn't stop listening. But it made me violent. Really violent. I don't wanna discuss it too much here but I've had to cut out rap music from my life. If I'm in a shop now in town and a rap song comes on I have to leave. It's definitely an issue that should be discussed more, and certainly isn't a genre that R&L should be promoting.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I started listening to rap music about a year ago and was instantly hooked, I couldn't stop listening. But it made me violent. Really violent. I don't wanna discuss it too much here but I've had to cut out rap music from my life. If I'm in a shop now in town and a rap song comes on I have to leave. It's definitely an issue that should be discussed more, and certainly isn't a genre that R&L should be promoting.

What a load of tripe.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

:lol:

6 minutes ago, danz026 said:

What a load of tripe.

I've worked as security at a lot of clubs, bars, events etc and we've always found the type of music massively influences the violence & amount of work we have to do on the day.

Pop music: Mainly families so no hassle

Indie rock: No hassle

Metal: Nice people to work with some soft drugs (weed)

Rap/Dance: Issues with fighting/violence & hard drugs (I choose not to work these events anymore)

Edited by Alternate

2 minutes ago, Alternate said:

I've worked as security at a lot of clubs, bars, events etc and we've always found the type of music massively influences the violence & amount of work we have to do on the day.

Pop music: Mainly families so no hassle

Indie rock: No hassle

Metal: Nice people to work with some soft drugs (weed)

Rap/Dance: Issues with fighting/violence & hard drugs (I choose not to work these events anymore)

I've been at indie nights before where you can't walk without tripping over people's jaws. People have taken drugs and died at Reading before. Ok maybe not as much as Calvin Harris era TITP. Having said that, aren't MDMA fuelled nights easier for security staff to work than standard piss ups since the drugs tend to make the crowd friendly and not violent compared to alcohol?

22 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I'd much rather spend my weekend with hip-hop fans than freaks like Dudey Rhino banging on about how grime is killing music.

21 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Also anyone think Royal blood could be announced as a special guest playing before FOB. With headliner exclusivety at bestival

No.

20 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Considering the fact that a dance tent headliner is on the 3rd row down, surely that suggests there’s a lot more of the mid to high sized acts to come?

Eh surely the opposite? Last year all the dance stage headliners were on the second line, so this year there's been more announced already that they class as bigger than a dance stage headliner.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris Vincent said:

Why do people think they released all of the headliners at once? Just shear panic at the thought of how bad there line up is. Seems strange for a festival the size of RandL to release them all at once. Can’t help but feel FR have a few tricks up there sleeve yet (but then again I might just be in denial) 

It isn't strange at all. It's what they used to do and what loads of festivals do.

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

I've been at indie nights before where you can't walk without tripping over people's jaws. People have taken drugs and died at Reading before. Ok maybe not as much as Calvin Harris era TITP. Having said that, aren't MDMA fuelled nights easier for security staff to work than standard piss ups since the drugs tend to make the crowd friendly and not violent compared to alcohol?

I agree that you would get the same on other nights. 

But no it makes it a lot harder for us as people react differently to drugs and are always afraid to tell us they have taken anything. They don't realise that we are trying to help them and they will not get into trouble.

Everyone knows how to deal with a drunk person but how you deal with a person that has taken some drugs for the first time and they have no idea what they've taken and won't tell us if they have. There only putting their own lives at risk.

I'm not against taking drugs I'd just say just know what you're taking and do it with people you know. 

Without a doubt the worst crowd of the weekend in terms of being full of absolute bellends will be Courteeners.

All my mates who are bellends and don't even like that kind of music have randomly become obsessed with Courteeners in the last few years. It's like they attract bellends regardless of their music just to join in the bellend cult.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

4 minutes ago, Chris Vincent said:

Why do people think they released all of the headliners at once? Just shear panic at the thought of how bad there line up is. Seems strange for a festival the size of RandL to release them all at once. Can’t help but feel FR have a few tricks up there sleeve yet (but then again I might just be in denial) 

When they've announced them individually they're normally on to the last one at this sort time anyway so its not that weird 

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

All my mates who are bellends and don't even like that kind of music have randomly become obsessed with Courteeners in the last few years. It's like the attract bellends regardless of their music just to join in the bellend cult.

I'm glad it's Courteeners that attracts the pricks though. They're shite.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Ffs why have they even got Kendrick headlining, there's gonna be so many MDMA deaths this year :(. He'll probably be throwing pills into the crowd fgs.

The man literally raps about smoking angel dust. Won't somebody think of the children!? 

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Without a doubt the worst crowd of the weekend in terms of being full of absolute bellends will be Courteeners.

All my mates who are bellends and don't even like that kind of music have randomly become obsessed with Courteeners in the last few years. It's like they attract bellends regardless of their music just to join in the bellend cult.

So hang on, an Indie music band at an Indie music festival attracts bellends?

If that's how you feel then why are you bothering with Indie festivals at all?

• Downvote 1