Lineup 2018

11 minutes ago, Breakfast club said:

I don't understand how they can say that indie fans can be happy when they release just the Wombats?  

20180213_191201.png

I'm not a big fan of indie rock but calling The Wombats "genre-defining" seems a bit harsh on the other bands in the genre. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stuielooie said:

Surely the dance tent?

I initially thought that but the few songs I've heard seem a bit too chilled for the dance tent. If that high on the announcement then if they're on the Dance they'd have to sub Annie Mac and I don't know they just seem a lot more chilled than what's usually expected of higher up that tent.

For anyone (everyone) feeling a little upset with the line up, entertain this idea:

7.55 Wednesday Morning - RandL posts on twitter a video starting with the words ‘Reading and Leeds - Have you heard your 4 headliners!’ with pictures of KL, P!, KoL and FoB

The ‘4’ then flickers and switches to a ‘6’

Do I Wanna Know heard faintly in the distance 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Of my friends, those who were considering Wireless or don’t really care about the music are loving it, but the more ‘indie’ among us can’t see anything worth spending £200 on. I think dental’s right in that they’ll bulk out the undercard with indie over the next couple of announcements, but our custom will be long gone by then, Community or Y Not gives us a much better lineup for a lot less. There will be a demographic shift I think.