Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Hope24 said:

Hi! Been following this thread for a while and after the disappointment that has been today I thought id make an account and post an idea about how this lineup could still be saved (you know given if the highly doubtable 6 headliner rumour turns out to be true). The 2 stages rumour is pulling strings extremely and not gonna happen, but something has to save the bare horror that is Fall Out Boy headlining with Post Malone subbing. here goes (for LEEDS btw) x

FRI

MAIN 1 - Royal Blood(or Paramore) / Skepta / Twenty One Pilots (??)

MAIN 2 - Kings Of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats

NME - MGMT (??) / Khalid (??) / Jhus

DANCE - Diplo / Hannah Wants

SAT

MAIN 1 - Arctic Monkeys (Do not scream at me xxx) / Travis Scott / Foster the People (??)

MAIN 2 - Fall Out Boy / Post Malone / Don Broco

NME - Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves / Editors

DANCE - Annie Mac

SUN

MAIN 1 - Kendrick Lamar / Dua Lipa / (??)

Main 2 - Panic! / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Hunna 

NME - The Vaccines / Sigrid / (??)

DANCE - Jax Jones

Complete guesses based on acts that have previously been suggested on here. Take out Arctic Monkeys (or Foos in that position but I don’t see Foos happening now with KoL) and tweak to knowledge of lineups I really don’t think this idea is TOO unrealistic and this at least for me would be a class lineup, especially considering whats been announced today is only like 20% of the lineup. I don’t have too much knowledge of lineup positioning so this might seem a bit messy, but why not. This is lacking the traditional rock too but I’m not too sure on bands to fit in. 

you tried

• Downvote 1

Seems too odd to me that so much of the announcement is rap artists, not even ones that are considered to be of quality (Lil Pump, Mist etc.).

Possibly this announcement could purposely have a focus on hip hop artists in an effort to win back the Parklife/Wireless crowd after releasing so late in the game. It would also explain the lack of both metal and indie in the announcement

• Upvote 1

Saw the person running Spotted Leeds mention this as well, surely it's not going to happen? Why would they invite all this backlash when they have better acts in reserve. 

Also theyve said on the website "completing the quartet of headliners this year" 

Its a shame if this it, because it does look like one of the weakest R&Ls I've seen.

IMG_3313.PNG

22 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Was this info from the same person who gave the info that turned out to be right? 

If yes, it looks like ID pulled out.

Doesn't mean they pulled out. Anything could have happened. FR also run V Fest and if that's going ahead they may have shifted Imagine Dragons over to that instead.

16 minutes ago, Hope24 said:

Hi! Been following this thread for a while and after the disappointment that has been today I thought id make an account and post an idea about how this lineup could still be saved (you know given if the highly doubtable 6 headliner rumour turns out to be true). The 2 stages rumour is pulling strings extremely and not gonna happen, but something has to save the bare horror that is Fall Out Boy headlining with Post Malone subbing. here goes (for LEEDS btw) x

FRI

MAIN 1 - Royal Blood(or Paramore) / Skepta / Twenty One Pilots (??)

MAIN 2 - Kings Of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats

NME - MGMT (??) / Khalid (??) / Jhus

DANCE - Diplo / Hannah Wants

SAT

MAIN 1 - Arctic Monkeys (Do not scream at me xxx) / Travis Scott / Foster the People (??)

MAIN 2 - Fall Out Boy / Post Malone / Don Broco

NME - Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves / Editors

DANCE - Annie Mac

SUN

MAIN 1 - Kendrick Lamar / Dua Lipa / (??)

Main 2 - Panic! / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Hunna 

NME - The Vaccines / Sigrid / (??)

DANCE - Jax Jones

Complete guesses based on acts that have previously been suggested on here. Take out Arctic Monkeys (or Foos in that position but I don’t see Foos happening now with KoL) and tweak to knowledge of lineups I really don’t think this idea is TOO unrealistic and this at least for me would be a class lineup, especially considering whats been announced today is only like 20% of the lineup. I don’t have too much knowledge of lineup positioning so this might seem a bit messy, but why not. This is lacking the traditional rock too but I’m not too sure on bands to fit in. 

That's unbelievably unrealistic at this point.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Doesn't mean they pulled out. Anything could have happened. FR also run V Fest and if that's going ahead they may have shifted Imagine Dragons over to that instead.

That's unbelievably unrealistic at this point.

ah well i’m pulling at strings, its just desperation, well disappointed today :( 

It’s possible that there might be more headliners announced as it just makes no sense to have Kendrick and PATD co headling, surely FR would want to buff up the FOB day. And like people have said FOb haven’t gained anything since 2016, tbf tho it’s FR so what could I expect but a shit line up :lol:

edit: soz didn’t see your post @alexlloyd this forum moves too fast now :lol:

Edited by Chilly pepper

the media when reporting the disappointment at the lineup seem to be focusing in upon the high proportion of rap artists, singling kendrick out. However the consensus that I can gauge is that people are more than happy with kendrick as a headliner, after all he is a real inventive talent in the music industry. It is the boring choices of bloody FOB with just a year gap after their god awful last performance and the completely meh Kings of Leon that make the headliners so weak. I feel like this attack upon artists such as kendrick is an oversimplification by news sources such as the sun as why people really hate the lineup and even seems to have a little tange of racism.

Edited by ket
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, w0lfalic321 said:

Muse are great. Both them and Kendrick have loads of talent imo

Oodles of talent, sure. But it's been 12 years since Bellers and co channeled said talent into an album worth listening to more than once, and their live shows reflect that. Worth seeing if you've never seen them before, but you aren't going to be much of a fan if you haven't by this point.

1 minute ago, ket said:

the media when reporting the disappointment at the lineup seem to be focusing in upon the high proportion of rap artists, singling kendrick out. However the consensus that I can gauge is that people are more than happy with kendrick as a headliner, after all he is a real inventive talent in the music industry. It is the boring choices of bloody FOB a year after their god awful last performance and the completely meh Kings of Leon that make the headliners so weak. I feel like this attack upon artists such as kendrick is an oversimplification by news sources such as the sun as why people really hate the lineup and even seems to have a little tange of racism.

It's defo racism in the case of the Sun. They love a bit of racism