Lineup 2018

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This is only about 20% of who’s playing. Of course it’s salvageable. We have reason to believe acts as big as Travis Scott, The Vaccines, Logic and Chvrches are being held over for next announcement.

There aren't many big slots left though are there? This is what I have atm:

Fri

Main: FoB / Post Malone / ??

NME: Wolf Alice / NBT

Sat

Main: Kdot / Panic! / ??

NME: Dua Lipa / Sigrid

Sun

Main: KoL / Courteeners / The Wombats

NME: Skepta / J Hus

And imo those 3rd down slots are probably The Vaccines on the Saturday (as then it doesn't look like the same slot as 2016 on the poster) who haven't been announced due to Community + Latitude

Then on the Friday I'm guessing it's Don Broco who are waiting for their tour to end in a couple of weeks

Honestly the thing thats shocked me most about the announcement is the lack of metal/punk. We usually expect a main stage heavy band at this point in the line up releases ie Architects or Korn last year, but absolutely nothing on here that could even suit the Pit other than possibly Sum 41 or Papa Roach but even they're a push.

Fair enough you've got Underoath and Beartooth but lets be honest they only really appeal to a certain strand of audience. Still hoping we get someone like Gojira or Baroness like some were predicting earlier in the further announcements.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

There aren't many big slots left though are there? This is what I have atm:

Fri

Main: FoB / Post Malone / ??

NME: Wolf Alice / NBT

Sat

Main: Kdot / Panic! / ??

NME: Dua Lipa / Sigrid

Sun

Main: KoL / Courteeners / The Wombats

NME: Skepta / J Hus

And imo those 3rd down slots are probably The Vaccines on the Saturday (as then it doesn't look like the same slot as 2016 on the poster) who haven't been announced due to Community + Latitude

Then on the Friday I'm guessing it's Don Broco who are waiting for their tour to end in a couple of weeks

Thought Dua would be third tbf with a gap for NME headline. And I doubt Skepta will go on NME as he'd gather almost as much interest as Kings of leon in all honesty 

5 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Thought Dua would be third tbf with a gap for NME headline. And I doubt Skepta will go on NME as he'd gather almost as much interest as Kings of leon in all honesty 

Yeah her 3rd down and The Vaccines headlining NME makes more sense.

Also The Hunna are surely most likely to take the Friday 3rd down slot? I dunno if they still have tour tickets to sell or anything.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah her 3rd down and The Vaccines headlining NME makes more sense.

Also The Hunna are surely most likely to take the Friday 3rd down slot? I dunno if they still have tour tickets to sell or anything.

I was taking the guys word from the other day who said The Hunna weren't playing this year. Can't remember who said it to know if it was anyone who got any other info right

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I was taking the guys word from the other day who said The Hunna weren't playing this year. Can't remember who said it to know if it was anyone who got any other info right

I don't remember anyone saying that but we had someone who met them and was told they're playing main stage as they've also like several posts from R&L on social media about announcements coming soon, etc.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't remember anyone saying that but we had someone who met them and was told they're playing main stage as they've also like several posts from R&L on social media about announcements coming soon, etc.

TBH now that I'm looking for it I cant find a post about it either lol. Hunna are a good shout for 3rd down then, with Broco booted down to 4th? Can't see them not turning up

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Any other UK festivals to be announced? and does anyone actually think the two stage thing has legs?

No it doesn't have legs anymore. They would have said there were more headliners to come or announced the second stage before as its own separate thing if it was actually happening. It either never was gonna happen or they changed their mind for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure Dan said it but it was right after he asked if he should make some more bs up. Imagine The Hunna being the biggest act to join the lineup 

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

There's no room for Chvrches to squeeze into the Saturday billing is there? :unsure:

DR OK was told they're headlining NME and there still seems to be an NME headliner to come on the Saturday. However Dan Wilcox who seemed to have the best info says The Vaccines are playing and along with The Hunna those slots are running out.

3 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Pretty sure Dan said it but it was right after he asked if he should make some more bs up. Imagine The Hunna being the biggest act to join the lineup 

Ah yeah I remember that one but that was clearly a joke.

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

There's no room for Chvrches to squeeze into the Saturday billing is there? :unsure:

Yeah. Could be the NME headliner if both Dua and Sum 41 are on Main. Doesn't seem likely but not impossible either.

Dream scenario is Main goes King Kenny > Panic > Chvrches > Dua > Wigrid, with Sum 41 as NME headliner, but that would be too convenient to ever happen.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just realised that obviously until recently Travis Scott was subbing FOB with Post Malone third down. Can't see them having originally had The Hunna fourth and Don Broco fifth. There's also Nothing But Thieves to fit in but they could be NME subs.

FOB / Travis Scott / Post Malone / Don Broco

Wold Alice / Nothing But Thieves

Kendrick Lamar / PATD / Dua Lipa / The Hunna / Sum-41

The Vaccines / Sigrid

KoL / Corteeners / Skepta / The Wombats

Diplo (closing set) / J Hus

Travis Scott either pulled out and acts shunted up, or being held back for a later announcement.

Just now, arthuragone said:

Why would they not add a strong NME headliner on the weak Friday night rather than Saturday? 

Also I don't get why would they do a Lamar vs Due Lipa on Saturday, don't make any sens. 

They've already got a strong NME headliner on Friday night.

And yeah they'd be stupid to put Dua Lipa there.