Lineup 2018

They wouldnt make Kendrick a coheadliner if he was the most expensive act though would they?

It just seems weird to me that they are pushing the rap aspect of R&L so hard when atm Wireless already dominates that field in the UK. They'd be better off making Wireless 2 sites (maybe Manchester to compete with Parklife?)

Hey Guys,

Does anyone think due to the heavy backlash of today's line up, the organizers might add bigger acts then they were going to book to the main stage to make customers happy/bring in more ticket sales.

If yes who do you think could get added?

Just now, JT1992 said:

Hey Guys,

Does anyone think due to the heavy backlash of today's line up, the organizers might add bigger acts then they were going to book to the main stage to make customers happy/bring in more ticket sales.

nope

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

It just seems weird to me that they are pushing the rap aspect of R&L so hard when atm Wireless already dominates that field in the UK. They'd be better off making Wireless 2 sites (maybe Manchester to compete with Parklife?)

Live Nation are behind Parklife too, which is even more baffling.

11 minutes ago, georgehorjj said:

Thing is despite there being lots of rap music, there's not even good names for hip hop in my opinion. Obviously asides from Kendrick and BROCKHAMPTON, I was really hoping to see Joey Bada$$ for instance or Isaiah Rashad, Goldlink, Injury Reserve etc.. Would take them over J Hus any day.

It's a shame because they've booked some good hip-hop artists over the last couple of years like Vince Staples, Danny Brown, Mick Jenkins and Nas. Obviously Post Malone, Lil Pump and Playboi Carti are hot right now but for me personally they're very uninspiring.

Hoping we see any of Injury Reserve, A$AP Ferg, Joey Bada$$, Schoolboy Q or Big KRIT in the coming announcements. Any one of those on the Kendrick day would sell me a day ticket. 

4 minutes ago, JT1992 said:

Hey Guys,

I don't think they'll add anyone that big tbh. Why should they when it looks like it will sell pretty well anyway judging by the facebook reaction...

2 minutes ago, WFD said:

Live Nation are behind Parklife too, which is even more baffling.

Huh TIL, maybe Bristol for a 2nd day then?

Edited by Mattymooz

I know people complain about the lineup every year, saying it's the worst ever, and this was the case even when I first went in 2005. But I think the festival has now finally died.

In what world are Fall Out Boy a headliner? I thought billing them as co-headliners in 2016 was a stretch, but at least they were essentially just subs that year. And please, please don't tell me Panic At The Disco are actually subbing?

I do like Kings of Leon and have always felt that they were long overdue a return to the festival, but they seem like a last minute panic booking, and like people have said they're past their peak. Huge in 2009, less so now.

Obviously Kendrick's a very strong booking, but the rest of the lineup looks unappealing. Are Festival Republic about to go into administration or something? Could only explain why the line up has seemingly been done on the cheap.

In a year where there is no Glastonbury, and Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Paramore and Arctic Monkeys are all available, and this is the best they can do. They have also been put to shame by Y Not, a festival a fraction of the size of Reading and Leeds. Let that sink in.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JT1992 said:

Hey Guys,

don't you think they might have already tried for bigger acts?

Any festival can only book the acts who are willing to be booked. There's a million different reasons why a band might knock back an offer.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

I know people complain about the lineup every year, saying it's the worst ever, and this was the case even when I first went in 2005. But I think the festival has now finally died.

In what world are Fall Out Boy a headliner? I thought billing them as co-headliners in 2016 was a stretch, but at least they were essentially just subs that year. And please, please don't tell me Panic At The Disco are actually subbing?

I do like Kings of Leon and have always felt that they were long overdue a return to the festival, but they seem like a last minute panic booking, and like people have said they're past their peak. Huge in 2009, less so now.

Obviously Kendrick's a very strong booking, but the rest of the lineup looks unappealing. Are Festival Republic about to go into administration or something? Could only explain why the line up has seemingly been done on the cheap.

In a year where there is no Glastonbury, and Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Paramore and Arctic Monkeys are all available, and this is the best they can do. They have also been put to shame by Y Not, a festival a fraction of the size of Reading and Leeds. Let that sink in.

This lineup is Leeds United 2003-04. ;)

Lets be real though, this hasn’t been put to shame by Y Not. Y Not has been put to shame by Y Not, and it just flags up how dead the British indie rock scene seems to be - now that leading names are going straight to the festivals headlined by fading stars of yesteryear

I was expecting it to be awful, but that's probably the worst festival line up I've ever seen! I'm guessing even the Foos don't fit their booking policy anymore. Surprised KOL were even invited back after their sulk last time. I'm sure even V Festival will come up with somehting more imaginative.

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

Yeah spot on VCK. I'm not a fan of Kendrick myself but can understand him being chosen to headline. 

I do fear what implications this has for Leeds which has struggled to shift tickets on many occasions over the past 10 years. 

The line up is a shocker, no doubt about that and it's a leap of faith justifying paying £215+ for the acts on the bill.  How many people are going to watch Panic as a headliner? 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Lets be real though, this hasn’t been put to shame by Y Not. Y Not has been put to shame by Y Not, and it just flags up how dead the British indie rock scene seems to be - now that leading names are going straight to the festivals headlined by fading stars of yesteryear

More like Leeds under Warnock, when we'd be fielding a midfield with the likes of Brown, Tonge and Green. Dark, dark days.

British rock is currently having a quiet period, but there's still a lot of big name rock bands doing the festivals this year. I think getting The Libertines back as headliners would be less of an odd decision than Fall Out Boy or Kings of Leon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

if this lineup is 03-04 Leeds then Kendrick Lamar is definitely Alan Smith