Lineup 2018

People need to stop acting like this is the full line-up, yeah I get it the headliners aren't great barring KoL (for me) and Kenny, but it would suggest there's some room for a decent undercard. Here's hoping. :ph34r:

Edited by Hawky

I can see the headline slots working out OK for me if I can do something like this:

Friday

Watch part of fall out boy and hopefully better acts on other stages 

Saturday

Kendrick

Sunday

hopefully Skepta on NME.

Not happy that they missed out on foos, however that would have been ok if they had signed acts such as Paramore, Florence Royal Blood etc. Not sure why they went so wrong there.

Just now, Hawky said:

People need to stop acting like this is the full line-up, yeah I get it the headliners aren't great barring KoL (for me) and Kenny, but it would suggest there's some money for a decent undercard. Here's hoping. :ph34r:

I'm reasonably happy with KOL and incredibly happy with Kendrick. The whole Panic co-headlining thing just baffles me, and the undercard needs some serious work.

2 minutes ago, Hawky said:

People need to stop acting like this is the full line-up, yeah I get it the headliners aren't great barring KoL (for me) and Kenny, but it would suggest there's some room for a decent undercard. Here's hoping. :ph34r:

The only issue being that only one act from the top 3 main and top 2 NME wasn't announced at this point-to-point LG. Even if that missing act is amazing, the top 2 stages looking quite weak imo

Just now, TOMHAMPTON said:

As much as I love kendrick, I feel like he could be booked any year, and they shouldn’t have spent so much money on him & left out Foos who i dont know when they’ll be back in the UK.

I'm relieved I bought Foo's tickets for Manchester, they're the big miss for me.

Take out FOB and put in Foo's and suddenly it looks a lot stronger. 

1 minute ago, Dukey said:

I don't think Panic will close either site, similar to 2016 with Biffy/FOB

Shambolic if they do. If his set is exactly like his tour watching it whilst it's still light would be another disaster that I wouldn't put past FR.

Does seem like there's less funds being spent on headliners due to the lack of quality this year and arguably last year and the year before that. Dunno whether this is acts demanding more or if it's due to other factors like it's becoming much more expensive to run or poor ticket sales. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Shambolic if they do. If his set is exactly like his tour watching it whilst it's still light would be another disaster that I wouldn't put past FR.

Does seem like there's less funds being spent on headliners due to the lack of quality this year and arguably last year and the year before that. Dunno whether this is acts demanding more or if it's due to other factors like it's becoming much more expensive to run or poor ticket sales. Thoughts?

It will struggle to sell based on this lineup.

Leeds doesn't normally sell out, but I think Reading may struggle this year.

3 minutes ago, DR OK said:

But when your superstar headliner commands the fee that Kendrick does (the highest fee ever paid by Reading apparently) its going to impact their budget and corners will have to be cut somewhere.  

I was going to say something similar, it points towards the days of expecting two stadium acts and a big arena act to be over.  Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys can name their own price really and expecting either of them plus Kendrick was maybe just dumb from the start.

Still can't quite fathom some of the others - Royal Blood have always seemed ambitious and can't see them being too modest to headline R&L on their second album, and presume FR would have jumped at them - can't believe they've been outbid by a scaled-down Bestival (as was the speculation yesterday).

And Paramore would have seemed the best of both worlds for this with their poppier direction while still retaining some credibility from their earlier career.

12 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Why hold it back though?  Agreed there will be a few added which will improve it , and this format doesn't help, remember the confusion with the Muse day last year before Liam Gallagher was added.

Just seems like there aren't many acts with a reason to be held back for the next few weeks, there aren't that many obvious suspects touring at the moment.