Lineup 2018

The more I look at the lineup the more baffling it is. Obviously there must be a lot of big names to come but what a bizarre selection of acts to lead with, and most of those headliners are clearly last minute replacements. Glastonbury not being on has sure left a big hole in the UK festival scene this year.

Kendrick, Dua Lipa, Sigrid and Brockhampton (assuming none of those clash) will do me for a day ticket though, and hopefully a few more alright things will be added.

18 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Didn't Giggs get one of the biggest crowds all weekend last year?

I said 'most' prefer indie/rock acts, not all. I realise grime has become more popular and will be a big draw for some fans, but I would guess that the majority prefer guitar bands, hence why they got to RandL and not Wireless or Parklife 

1 minute ago, Chris Vincent said:

Could two main stages still be a possibility with Foos, AM or Royal blood filling in the spaces or am I still being too optimistic.  

Cant believe that when the lineup poster with two main stages was leaked I hated the idea. But now I’m hoping for it 

You're only hoping for it now because it's better than what we have.

3 minutes ago, Chris Vincent said:

Could two main stages still be a possibility with Foos, AM or Royal blood filling in the spaces or am I still being too optimistic.  

Cant believe that when the lineup poster with two main stages was leaked I hated the idea. But now I’m hoping for it 

Not a chance unfortunately

5 minutes ago, Chris Vincent said:

The headliners have been announced. Even if the press release didn't explicitly say 'the headlining quartet is complete', there's no way in hell they'd wait and quietly add Foos and AM months after the big main announcement they spent ages hyping up.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Been following this forum since around December due to being confused about the late announcement, so decided to make an account today.

Saw Kendrick in Birmingham on Friday and I've no idea how he's not outright headlining,as that's one of the best shows I've ever been to and he was a class act in 2015 too.

Any idea where BROCKHAMPTON will position? I was thinking NME around the same time as Panic! - Kendrick and BROCKHAMPTON are the only two really making me want to get a ticket at the moment.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

highly disagree - Fall Out Boy and Kings of Leon have been going for nearly 20 years now. This lineup is not current at all, you have two headliners (actually three if we are counting panic) headlining way after their peak. The undercard might be seriously fresh but this is definitely not a festival for the new young ones coming in at all.

Edit: The 16-20 year olds' that would be going to R&L this year were 7-9 when Use Somebody came out.

There is a lot on this line-up that would appeal to 16-20s.....a lot on this board now are just going past that barrier. Dua Lipa is a very good booking for them tbf given their current market now.

Maybe....but Fall Out Boy is still full of kid fans.