Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Did Kylie manage to keep it a secret from him to then?

Can just imagine him after the birth. "Oh ffs I'm going to have to cancel Reading and Leeds now. Can't believe no one told me in the 9 months you were pregnant that I was going to have a child to look after."

I mean, what other reason is there for him to drop out and bump Post up? If they were just holding travis back for the next announcement they wouldnt have increased the size of Post on the poster...

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I mean, what other reason is there for him to drop out and bump Post up? If they were just holding travis back for the next announcement they wouldnt have increased the size of Post on the poster...

It won't be because of his new kid ffs, he might have dropped out but that'd be awful planning if it was the case. We probs won't find out why if he has pulled out.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Anything could have happened that we don't know about, but him only just realising he has a kid so can't play is clearly not going to be it.

Do people seriously think it is going to sell well? 

In terms of day tickets Friday will struggle but with Wireless selling out I bet Post pulls in a fair amount and FOB have a couple of fans.

Saturday with Kendrick will do well esp with the likes a dua Lipa on the bill.

Sunday with Kol Courteeners and Slept a will sell out 

I'm not saying I like the line-up, nor am I enjoying the direction of the festival, I'm massively disappointed in fact. 

3 minutes ago, DR OK said:

It's not easy for Reading these days. You have to remember that the demand for rap music is increasing amongst the typical age profile of a R&L goer and that all the midsized indie bands are getting tied down to exclusivity contracts at smaller festivals with a top billing. It also doesn't help when this year doesn't fit in with a number of the 'super bands' schedules / they cant make an offer which is right for them / another festival offers more money to make them exclusive.

I know its all a bit excuse, excuse but it is difficult. Its hard to blame them for going all out for one of the biggest names for their target demographic, being able to pull in a name 'KOL' (who they have got late in the day). FOB and Panic I struggle with but am pretty sure it will be a compromise based on the budget, particularly in a year where they know the competition is limited. Personally I think the lineup looks stronger with Wolf Alice under Kendrick but maybe schedules were hard to make or WA wanted to headline the tent

The hip-hop acts aren't the problem at all.

The biggest problems are FOB outright headlining and PATD co-headlining (and Kendrick not outright headlining).

Other than that the problem is there either seems to be a lot missing or acts in general are playing way higher than they should be this year.

Post Malone that high up is poor but it looks like he's been pushed up to replace Travis Scott, who'd have been perfectly acceptable in that slot.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DR OK said:

It's not easy for Reading these days. You have to remember that the demand for rap music is increasing amongst the typical age profile of a R&L goer and that all the midsized indie bands are getting tied down to exclusivity contracts at smaller festivals with a top billing. It also doesn't help when this year doesn't fit in with a number of the 'super bands' schedules / they cant make an offer which is right for them / another festival offers more money to make them exclusive.

I know its all a bit excuse, excuse but it is difficult. Its hard to blame them for going all out for one of the biggest names for their target demographic, being able to pull in a name 'KOL' (who they have got late in the day). FOB and Panic I struggle with but am pretty sure it will be a compromise based on the budget, particularly in a year where they know the competition is limited. Personally I think the lineup looks stronger with Wolf Alice under Kendrick but maybe schedules were hard to make or WA wanted to headline the tent

My thoughts exactly. 

2 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Out of curiosity, @SomeoneListeningIn what do you think of the line up after months of saying completely different acts and predicted line ups? Im surprised they didnt get either of foos, AM or Royal Blodd :/ 

You've been around for about 2 weeks, how do you know I've been posting months of lineups?

Unless you're edduk98