Lineup 2018

5 minutes ago, Henrik said:

What the hell is going on with UK festivals?  That is absolute garbage from Reading.

Foreign festivals just wiping the floor with the shite we are putting out this year. 

APE aint too bad its just mid exams. Wish I didnt have my end of year show on the same weekend as Mad Cool now tbh

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Also, have Panic! done much since 2011 to merit such a jump? They headlined Slam Dunk but that’s not exactly a sign of a Reading/Leeds headliner! 

Apparently, their last album (2016) was the 12th best-selling of the year, and the 2nd biggest "rock" album of the year. I think that's just in the US though. 

That record's already over 2 years old though and there doesn't seem to be anything new coming out either. 

Last UK tour was November 2016, selling out Cardiff's Motorpoint, Ally Pally and Manchester Apollo. Only 3 dates though. Headlined Slam Dunk last year. 

Such a shame seeing r&l go this way. - they don’t get strong/enough rock bands to compete with slam dunk or download. Don't get strong enough rap artists to compete with wireless and don’t get strong enough indie/rock bands to compete with Glastonbury usually. 

Just awful. Plus from someone who enjoys more the rock music, I hate that they try and throw in token rock bands to try and cover that genre but always pick the most unexciting ones.

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Apparently, their last album (2016) was the 12th best-selling of the year, and the 2nd biggest "rock" album of the year. I think that's just in the US though. 

That record's already over 2 years old though and there doesn't seem to be anything new coming out either. 

Last UK tour was November 2016, selling out Cardiff's Motorpoint, Ally Pally and Manchester Apollo. Only 3 dates though. Headlined Slam Dunk last year. 

They headlined Slam Dunk in 2016, not last year. Don't think they've done anything here since Ally Pally.

2 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

I'm honestly baffled as to how Panic! Are co-headlining? The biggest venue they've headlined in this entire country is Alexandra Palace, it wouldn't be a stretch to say All Time Low are bigger than them.

Co-headlining with arguably the biggest headliner (and definitely the best) as well

I did the ambassador thing a few years ago and I still get texts about it. The wording of the text seems very very strange...

”...are only some of this year’s headliners!”

Does this give any credit to the idea of 2 main stages? 

Could they be holding back another similarly big announcement as a surprise? 

Or have they genuinely just messed up the text? 

2BF440AB-22D1-4E43-90C5-8F6E0F8A702E.png

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I did the ambassador thing a few years ago and I still get texts about it. The wording of the text seems very very strange...

They've just left out PATD, so yes those three are "some" of the headliners and the other one is PATD.

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

that is certainly some of the headliners, panic at the disco makes all of them :P

3 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

I just cant see how R&L thought out of KL KOL and FOB that Kendrick was the weakest headliner and needed a co headliner that night 

Presumably when they were planning to have two main stages Panic were going to headline the 2nd one on the Kendrick day. When that fell through they probably just kept em on the same day and moved them to co-headline on main with Kendrick instead.