Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, C14S said:

Anyone else wanna kill themselves because they already bought a ticket and now there’s no Foos, no royal blood, no monkeys, no one vaguely interesting to watch beside Kendrick

Why would you buy a ticket so early? Thats the no. 1 rule of fests (unless its glasto)

Well that's my plans out of the window. No Glasto and now this absolute poverty lineup. Seems like rather than capitalising and going for a great lineup, they're saving the dosh and increasing profit margins on what they consider to be easy ticket sales regardless of lineup. Useless.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Genuinely wouldn't count on R&L being a predominantly rock orientated festival by the next few years if they continue like this.

Okay, time to take the tinfoil hat off. The vast majority of that lineup is rock.

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Meh, the metal heads can go to Download and normal folk will go to R&L. 

Jesus.

8 minutes ago, queenie69 said:

does anybody think there’s any chance of their being any truth in the ‘two main stages’ thing now? I mean... it would make sense to have PATD and KL headlining two diff stages at the same time.....I really just can’t wrap my head around the idea of them coheadlining, especially not with PATD higher than king kenny  :blink:

Someone said earlier today that the 2 main stage thing was genuinely being considered at one point and that's why we'll see acts weirdly high up. Presumably Panic were gonna headline the 2nd main stage and when the idea fell through they had to keep them billed as co-headliners.

3 minutes ago, C14S said:

Anyone else wanna kill themselves because they already bought a ticket and now there’s no Foos, no royal blood, no monkeys, no one vaguely interesting to watch beside Kendrick

Why would you bother buying your ticket before the announcement when it wouldn't have sold out for months regardless?

What I don't understand is all the people who have already bought a ticket. It prob saved like £5 on the current price and you have to put all that faith in a decent lineup. This is atrocious even compared to the shite from last year.

They deserve about a hundred people to show up. 

Just now, DR OK said:

Sorry yes chvrches was the other one I had heard were headlining nme

Fwiw the two stage set up was a genuine option for a while and I think it's why we ended up with panic and Kendrick on the same day. Think wolf Alice would have been a headliner with that set up too 

I can't see an NME headliner on that Kendrick day so CHVRCHES could still be there I guess.

Also Wolf Alice are subbing Latitude so I couldn't see that happening.

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

What the hell is going on with UK festivals?  That is absolute garbage from Reading.

Foreign festivals just wiping the floor with the shite we are putting out this year. 

Most other European countries have 1-3 festivals sharing the big touring bands. The UK splits them over so many little festivals when Glastonbury doesn’t hoover them all up. It’s frustrating because it means either travelling abroad or going to several, over priced, weak UK ones.

• Upvote 1