Lineup 2018

Just now, Hawky said:

I don't think Fleet Foxes will headline :ph34r:

Too that point for the last month or so when people have been using AM in reference to Arctic Monkeys ive been thinking Against Me! or Angelmaker. TBF two bands id much rather see.  

If the headliners / subs are FOB, Kendrick, KoL, Travis, Panic!, Courteeners then it's almost as if the festival is trying to kill off future rock bookings. No matter what your tastes, it's hard to argue against Kendrick and Travis being the most inspired bookings of those six.

It's not even like there's not a fair few rock bands they could book in those spots that would be way more inspiring. Just seems proper half arsed.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Regarding KoL, if this prediction is just off of them liking Grimmy’s tweet then I’m pretty sure they’ll be at R1’s big weekend and not reading... because Grimmy does R1’s breakfast show and apparently there’s more big weekend announcements tomorrow too 

EDIT: I had no idea they played last year, ignore this then haha 

Edited by somethingpersonal

2 minutes ago, somethingpersonal said:

Regarding KoL, if this prediction is just off of them liking Grimmy’s tweet then I’m pretty sure they’ll be at R1’s big weekend and not reading... because Grimmy does R1’s breakfast show and apparently there’s more big weekend announcements tomorrow too 

We had info this morning that KoL were headlining from someone who's given us good R&L info in the past, and the tweet Jared liked was specifically about the R&L announcement. KoL also headlined R1 Big Weekend last year.

Based on my skimming of the last 20 pages, I would say the two best options are:

Foo Fighters / Kendrick / Florence

Arctic Monkeys / Kendrick / Royal Blood

I think either of those two would work well as they've got a hip hop headliner, a rock headliner, and an indie headliner. Foo Fighters / Kendrick / Royal Blood might upset the indie crowd, whereas I'm sure Arctic Monkeys / Kendrick / Florence would annoy the rock crowd. Could believe one of the latter two happening though. Just don't think it would go down as well.

6 minutes ago, somethingpersonal said:

They played it last year, definitely wouldn’t be alluding to big weekend announcement 

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

We had info this morning that KoL were headlining from someone who's given us good R&L info in the past, and the tweet Jared liked was specifically about the R&L announcement. KoL also headlined R1 Big Weekend last year.

Ah okay, I had no idea thank you! 

3 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

I'd love to see BMTH there. Although, I think they're more likely to play Download 2019. Only started listening to Kendrick recently because of all the hype around him on here, and I don't know why I hadn't listened to him before, he's incredible. 

If this is the case I may have to give him a go. Only listen to Eminem, and a little from Wiz khalifa(and a song from Stormzy) lol. But yeah I'll give him a try! 

2 hours ago, Plussix said:

Based on my skimming of the last 20 pages, I would say the two best options are:

Foo Fighters / Kendrick / Florence

Arctic Monkeys / Kendrick / Royal Blood

I think either of those two would work well as they've got a hip hop headliner, a rock headliner, and an indie headliner. Foo Fighters / Kendrick / Royal Blood might upset the indie crowd, whereas I'm sure Arctic Monkeys / Kendrick / Florence would annoy the rock crowd. Could believe one of the latter two happening though. Just don't think it would go down as well.

If I had the option I'd go for the 2nd option. Personally out of that list though I would like Foos, Arctics and Royal Blood but that's just me. I would love if I see at 7:55am 3 bands that hardly anyone was expecting. Something like Metallica, Iron Maiden and SOAD would be an absolute dream.

Edited by NationClub

Hahaha the scenes when after all this time and all this speculation as to why the announcement has been held back with people thinking its cause they’ve got both Arctics AND Foos or two main stages or six headliners... and it’s just that they’ve clearly struggled to secure headliners and one of them is Kings of Leon. 

Just don’t see it myself, especially with Fall Out Boy - it’s just too shit - but readying myself for the absolute meltdown on here and Twitter.