Lineup 2018

For the record, I'm hoping my info's wrong as much as anyone. Most people seem to doubt AM will be there, and Foos makes sense in terms of "festival math" and Royal Blood too, but as others have said, any combination of Foos/AM/RB/KL would be the strongest set of headliners for a long, long time, hence I'm assuming it won't be anywhere near that good. It rarely is. 

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

For the record, I'm hoping my info's wrong as much as anyone. Most people seem to doubt AM will be there, and Foos makes sense in terms of "festival math" and Royal Blood too, but as others have said, any combination of Foos/AM/RB/KL would be the strongest set of headliners for a long, long time, hence I'm assuming it won't be anywhere near that good. It rarely is. 

Idk, I'd say Royal Blood, Kendrick, Foos/AM is slightly weaker (in terms of size of acts) than Kasabian, Eminem, Muse from last year. Royal Blood haven't really got the credentials to be seen as a massive headliner yet, which is why many are predicting them to coheadline.

If you're talking about strongest headliners in terms of quality then I'd agree, any combination of those 4 will be much better than anything in recent history.

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Not what I'd want from a 2018 Reading headliner, but it'd be better than the likes of Imagine Dragons and other suggestions.

Fair play. What were the other suggestions? I know some people mentioned 21 Pilots as subs which is ridiculous, they are shit

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Idk, I'd say Royal Blood, Kendrick, Foos/AM is slightly weaker (in terms of size of acts) than Kasabian, Eminem, Muse from last year. Royal Blood haven't really got the credentials to be seen as a massive headliner yet, which is why many are predicting them to coheadline.

If you're talking about strongest headliners in terms of quality then I'd agree, any combination of those 4 will be much better than anything in recent history.

Certainly quality.

Size of acts? Kendrick's probably the biggest name in his genre right now (certainly top 2), Foos are still one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Arctic Monkeys one of the best bookings any UK festival could make. And I'd view Royal Blood as a strong booking on the basis that they're a new British band still on the rise and will (probably) go on to greater things. 

1 minute ago, campspeng said:

Found on twitter 

leeds18.jpg

Fake, Frank Turner would never be announced without the sleeping souls. I also don’t think he’s big enough to sub, even though I do like him a lot and think he’s an underrated live act. I like Noel headlining but really don’t think he’s popular enough. 

• Downvote 1