Lineup 2018

Gotta say I can fully see KoL there, be kinda like muse were last year and kinda unexpected. Wouldn't say I'd be disappointed if they were announced as long as there's some very good acts to go along with them. Youth and young manhood was a very good album back in the day.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Gotta say I can fully see KoL there, be kinda like muse were last year and completely unexpected. Wouldn't say I'd be disappointed if they were announced as long as there's some very good acts to go along with them. Youth and young manhood was a very good album back in the day.

The problem is everyone's convinced themselves it's at least one of Foos/AM. Kendrick seems to be the only constant, which even fans can appreciate is a good booking, so if it really is no Foos and no Arctics, everything else seems a let down. 

But there's nothing concrete to actually suggest Foos, and plenty of evidence to suggest no Arctics. The meltdown will be glorious. 

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Gotta say I can fully see KoL there, be kinda like muse were last year and kinda unexpected. Wouldn't say I'd be disappointed if they were announced as long as there's some very good acts to go along with them. Youth and young manhood was a very good album back in the day.

I'd be happy with KoL, not including sex on fire and use somebody etc they have some quality tunes. Mechanical Bull is one of my favourite albums

3 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

The problem is everyone's convinced themselves it's at least one of Foos/AM. Kendrick seems to be the only constant, which even fans can appreciate is a good booking, so if it really is no Foos and no Arctics, everything else seems a let down. 

But there's nothing concrete to actually suggest Foos, and plenty of evidence to suggest no Arctics. The meltdown will be glorious. 

Who would you see taking the spot then of the "rocky" type headliner if it isn't Foos / Arctics? I get that Kendrick would be a good booking, but I'm not a huge fan of him and if the rumours are true that he would be one of the biggest paid in the history of RandL... Well I won't say anything about that then...

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Blake saying no Arctics is good enough for me. He's very much ITK when it comes to that particular band. With Foo Fighters, I'm not sure I ever truly thought they'd be at Reading this year. There's plenty of circumstantial evidence, they've not played in six years, Dave Grohl loves Reading, gap in the schedule in August, but then again I don't think any of these ITK guys have said that their sources have said FF are playing. I hope one of them are involved, and I'd prefer AM, but it could be neither.

1 minute ago, NationClub said:

Who would you see taking the spot then of the "rocky" type headliner if it isn't Foos / Arctics? I get that Kendrick would be a good booking, but I'm not a huge fan of him and if the rumours are true that he would be one of the biggest paid in the history of RandL... Well I won't say anything about that then...

Could be Kendrick, Royal Blood/Florence and KOL?

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Festivalsaregood has been spot on so far with all they have said, hence why we  are inclined to believe Flo, KL and AM will headline. We had all ruled AM out before Festivalsaregood posted.

The difficulty we have at the minute is the only counter line-up we have as such is Fob KoL and KL, which is yours, and it has to be said you were a driving force behind the double main stage rumour this year and that has seemingly been ruled out which would suggest Festivalsaregood's info is more credible than yours. 

Muse was expected last year, they had toured extensively and played everywhere barring RnL on their Drones tour plus they had other dates last year, KoL literally have nothing no dates no interviews no indication theyre active.  

Foos are a band everyone expects because it's the booking that makes the most sense, esp when you take into consideration the countering AM argument that they're doing their own shows.

4 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Personally I thought you might have been doing a wind up of some sort. I'm still not sure tbh. But fair enough if it is those - it'd of course be absolutely ridiculous and a hysterical fumble considering they're the biggest festival on the scene by miles and there's all this heightened anticipation. As long as Kendrick's among the headliners I'm happy.

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Well.... Again Kendrick would be a good booking but not a huge fan. Saw KOL at First Direct Arena in Leeds a couple of months ago... RB seem pretty nailed on. Florence I can see as a little shock, as well as gender equality in a way(as much as I don't wanna bring up the conversation) I'd feel very underwhelmed if that was the announcement to be honest.

7 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Where has the whole F.a.T.M co-headline stuff come from? I know them headlining Glasto was due to Foo's pulling out but as far as i remember everyone agreed they smashed it and that they proved they deserved/can take that slot. Surely they can't now come and co-headline R+L, they would headline outright?  

1 minute ago, Custard320 said:

Where has the whole F.a.T.M co-headline stuff come from? I know them headlining Glasto was due to Foo's pulling out but as far as i remember everyone agreed they smashed it and that they proved they deserved/can take that slot. Surely they can't now come and co-headline R+L, they would headline outright?  

Not necessarily. They weren't booked as a headliner until a week before the festival. They deserved to have been, and they deserve to headline R+L whenever they get the chance but there's no real argument to say they're beyond coheadlining.

1 minute ago, SemiSweet said:

Wouldn't mind KOL headlining. Never seen them but they've got some great tracks. Even the last album was pretty good. Waste a Moment is a catchy AF track. Surely seeing them over FOB is something to hope for haha.

Fall out boy would at least be a coheadline so we could get someone else half decent lol