Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, j.gibbard said:

image.png.294ee6eb80db1fd1811e74fdd822024b.png

How come BBC says 7:50 but this says 7:55?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

You've heard a radio announcement before haven't ye? It's so drawn out. Especially with Grimmy.

Plus it could just be that Radio One announce the headliners at 7:50 and then the poster goes up online 5 mins later.

4 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Could the Architects be back again? (they liked the announcement post hence the question by the tweet)

Untitled.png

Hmm wonder where they'd be if they are. Pit headliner or 2nd/3rd NME I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Could the Architects be back again? (they liked the announcement post hence the question by the tweet)

Untitled.png

Can’t see them returning. They’ve got a US tour but after that I’d expect them to take some well deserved time off. 

They'll get a massive slot at Download when they come back, probably third down or potentially even sub depending on how the next album goes (which, face it, it will go down a bloody storm). Future headliners right there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Btw I had a dream last night that Pixies and another act of similar size/audience were announced last night (I can't remember who the act was but probably Manics or someone) and I was at the pub with some friends discussing which one was gonna headline NME and which one was gonna be on main on Foos day (for someone reason we thought it was definite that they'd be in these two slots).

So yeah.

4 hours ago, jakecase said:

My prediction:

Friday:

Main Stage: Imagine Dragons/Royal Blood - Courteeners

NME: Wolf Alice

Saturday:

Kendrick Lamar - Travis Scott

NME: Panic! At The Disco

Sunday:

Main Stage: Foo Fighters - 30 Seconds To Mars

NME: Pendulum 

Appearing over weekend: The Kooks, Don Broco, Fickle Friends, Marmozets, Twin Atlantic, Pale Waves, Sigrid, Brockhampton, The Amazons

No way Pendulum go against Foos.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

FOB 10th anniversary of Folie á Deux headline set. 

Haha.   It would be the worst album show decision 

2 hours ago, festivalsaregood said:

Kendrick, Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine is what I was told but as I said, that could have changed as it was a few weeks ago.

I'd probably be up for Arctics and FATM defo....just give me The Distillers against Kendrick 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Can’t see them returning. They’ve got a US tour but after that I’d expect them to take some well deserved time off. 

They'll get a massive slot at Download when they come back, probably third down or potentially even sub depending on how the next album goes (which, face it, it will go down a bloody storm). Future headliners right there. 

Maybe but I don't see why they'd be acting like that if so. Liking the tweet would be a weird thing to do in the first place and if they weren't playing surely they'd have just said so or ignored the tweet when they were asked the question?

Just now, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Speaking of Architects, who is everyone's guess for random out of place metal band on the main stage this year? Mine's Ghost 

Think there's a good chance of Mastodon.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Maybe but I don't see why they'd be acting like that if so. Liking the tweet would be a weird thing to do in the first place and if they weren't playing surely they'd have just said so or ignored the tweet when they were asked the question?

Could be an NME headliner after the Ally Pally hype? Doomsday gets loads of airtime on Radio 1, too. 

Fuck me, Ally Pally was extraordinary. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Could be an NME headliner after the Ally Pally hype? Doomsday gets loads of airtime on Radio 1, too. 

Defo say NME sub rather than headliner.

If they're gonna be up there as Download subs come the next album they might end up like A7X where they're not popular enough at R&L to justify the fee/slot they'd demand, so maybe they're just available R&L wanna get em back in before then. Idk.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

In recent years, has there been a NME headliner like them? Off the top of my head, there was Limp Bizkit but they are more pop metal.