Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm currently predicting Wolf Alice & The Kooks to be the top two on NME for the Kendrick day.

The Kooks would still headline that stage surely? (no matter how shite they are)

I have Sza, Kaleo, Tom Misch, Sigrid and the 1975 secret set that day on the NME, but I aint a 1975 fan and have never really gotten into Kaleo. In saying that I usually pop into the FR and Dance stages quite a lot, and hoping for Magic Sword one day in The Pit too. They can't fuck up every stage that day surely....

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Why not? Wolf Alice, pretty exciting young band who are doing great. The Kooks, shite has-been band trading off one album over a decade ago. 

Because The Kooks are quite obviously significantly more popular than Wolf Alice. When The Kooks played NME people couldn't get in the tent, when Wolf Alice played the pit last year they didn't even fill that.

1 minute ago, Aech said:

Because The Kooks are quite obviously significantly more popular than Wolf Alice. When The Kooks played NME people couldn't get in the tent, when Wolf Alice played the pit last year they didn't even fill that.

The Kooks won't be playing above Wolf Alice at R&L in 2018.

I don't think The Kooks would sub NME, but they definitely ain't getting a bigger slot than Wolf Alice.

1 minute ago, Aech said:

tbf that was a secret set at midday, I do think Kooks are bigger however. You've got to think though Wolf alice are on the rise whilst Kooks are on the decline

1 minute ago, Aech said:

Don't think you can give much weight to a short secret set at the start of the day as a measure of how big a band is

4 minutes ago, Aech said:

Maybe because WA were playing a secret set lol? Kooks performed last time in 2014 and didn't grow after that, Wolf Alice just got a successful album

Edited by aaalive

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Simpleplan parody account incoming.

And catfish Gazza like that Dudey Rhino account catfished @TheWaters?

1 minute ago, Lukie74 said:

tbf that was a secret set at midday, I do think Kooks are bigger however. You've got to think though Wolf alice are on the rise whilst Kooks are on the decline

Kooks have risen to arena headliners over the past three or four years.

• Upvote 1