Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The one thing getting me thinking on KOL is that if they ARE holding back announcements, it explains TRNSMT's final headliner as well.

The idea of Panic and Travis Scott in those types of slot though. :lol:

Travis I think is fine because he has big slots all over Europe. Panic, however... surely they can’t be a sub. Third down or NME headliner seems right for them.

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, RalphHanley1980 said:

I have made this account to leak that I can confirm tomorrow morning the following three acts will be confirmed as headliners!!

Foo Fighters

Kendrick Lamar

Linkin Park

My uncle works with Richard Headley who is one of the event organisers.

That's not funny. At all. 

KOL would be acceptable. They do have a big enough fan base to still pull of a headline slot. Not the most inspired but acceptable.

FOB on the other hand... Just released an abysmal album and haven't got bigger since they last played as a coheadliner in 2016. Just makes no sense. Why wouldn't they just for a probably cheaper and more deserving Royal Blood? 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Travis I think is fine because he has big slots all over Europe. Panic, however... surely they can’t be a sub. Third down or NME headliner seems right for them.

Is he BIG enough here though. Big slots in Europe doesn't always mean big slots here. Editors and Placebo have headlined Euro festivals in recent memory. They'd get nowhere near those slots here.

Fall Out Boy are still an arena band so it makes sense even if their album is complete muck.

4 minutes ago, RalphHanley1980 said:

I have made this account to leak that I can confirm tomorrow morning the following three acts will be confirmed as headliners!!

Foo Fighters

Kendrick Lamar

Linkin Park

My uncle works with Richard Headley who is one of the event organisers.

Not even remotely humorous 

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Is he BIG enough here though. Big slots in Europe doesn't always mean big slots here. Editors and Placebo have headlined Euro festivals in recent memory. They'd get nowhere near those slots here.

Fall Out Boy are still an arena band so it makes sense even if their album is complete muck.

Probably not, no, but I don’t think he would look too out of place subbing. I think they could get away with it. 

I can’t see them getting FOB back again so soon. 

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

Does this rule out Wolf Alice? I can't see FR having them in such a prominent slot at Latitude AND R&L, before this I thought they were one of the most likely to appear.

With The Vaccines at Community as well I think that's all but confirmed they're not going to be there.

Dan said that they're going to be announced and some people think they're going to headline the NME.

Considering no Florence on that line up maybe shes more likely for Reading? Cant see her skipping out the whole of the UK over the summer (tho I guess she could do her own shows)

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

Does this rule out Wolf Alice? I can't see FR having them in such a prominent slot at Latitude AND R&L, before this I thought they were one of the most likely to appear.

With The Vaccines at Community as well I think that's all but confirmed they're not going to be there.

Youd expect there to be some crossover between Latitude and R&L. I think this may be the first fest theyve been announced for this year too??

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Considering no Florence on that line up maybe shes more likely for Reading? Cant see her skipping out the whole of the UK over the summer (tho I guess she could do her own shows)

Youd expect there to be some crossover between Latitude and R&L. I think this may be the first fest theyve been announced for this year too??

Doesn’t necessarily have to do UK festivals. Seems that it’s before her album is due, and the summer before her last album she did one or two European dates.

What does strike me is that Festival Republic have gone and booked Solange to headline, when there may have been many bigger guy bands that could have played in her place. Suggests FR are taking their own action with gender equality. Maybe we will see a female-fronted act headline this?

On 29/01/2018 at 12:02 AM, dentalplan said:

You’re right that they won’t headline NME this year but they’re a million times more likely to do that next album over headlining main. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re included headlining Truck or Y Not or something this week which is a sharp drop off from headlining Latitude.

Turns out Alt J haven't dropped off as much as you'd thought ;) they are headlining Latitude again.

As I said before, if there next album does well they are likely to coheadline/headline in the future. FR clearly still rates them.